Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2020, 2:38 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Jainzar
AY used the term already prior to the current situation.
Intresting, I had not noticed the term used either before
Old Jun 17, 2020, 2:45 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Following the bankruptcy of MA in 2012, today it was announced that its last remaining "subsidiary" Malév Ground Handling is also closing up shop, so AY will need to find a new ground handling agent in BUD. Not sure that having only two weeks before starting to fly to BUD to negotiate a contract is favourable for AY.
Abducted Alien likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 4:43 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Following the bankruptcy of MA in 2012, today it was announced that its last remaining "subsidiary" Malév Ground Handling is also closing up shop, so AY will need to find a new ground handling agent in BUD. Not sure that having only two weeks before starting to fly to BUD to negotiate a contract is favourable for AY.
took them awhile to do this 😂😂
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Abnormal times demand creative solutions - like re-enacting AY business class at home.

No, I don't have the tableware, so I can't start cooking on-board longhaul catering based on old menu cards. I assume that would be quite something.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Abnormal times demand creative solutions - like re-enacting AY business class at home.

No, I don't have the tableware, so I can't start cooking on-board longhaul catering based on old menu cards. I assume that would be quite something.
I see thats for a 1-2 hr flight only 😂😁
Old Jun 17, 2020, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by kauppias
I see thats for a 1-2 hr flight only
Haha, now I understand who keeps emptying the catering trolley. It would be pretty crazy much gin to drink on one flight. Well, except maybe to PVR (not from, then you might want to be able to find your way back home)?

Actually the Joseph Perrier and Arctic Blue Gin are from a GVA-HEL flight (tax free!), when they had the preorder sale last fall.
SPBanker and kauppias like this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
I see thats for a 1-2 hr flight only 😂😁
unless pushback takes long, in those cases even HEL-TKU might a challenge.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 4:45 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by reflektia
unless pushback takes long, in those cases even HEL-TKU might a challenge.
Pushback? In this case? Or are you referring to a new pushback concept: post-DO syndrome = collecting drinking segments between Alepas for tasoittava pussikalja until your spouse comes with a pushback to home. Also known as -reverse ”katotaan”-concept-: let’s find out where you can still get booze at late hours.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Pushback? In this case? Or are you referring to a new pushback concept: post-DO syndrome = collecting drinking segments between Alepas for tasoittava pussikalja until your spouse comes with a pushback to home. Also known as -reverse ”katotaan”-concept-: let’s find out where you can still get booze at late hours.
pushback as in time from seating until tractor pushes plane back with towbar.

You might have major alcohol problem, if your household is constantly out of booze. I recommend ordering "enough", eg one (1) pallet from Germany
Old Jun 24, 2020, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I made my first booking since January and it will be my first flight in exactly 4 months! Yeah!

Outbound business class was 5 (five) € more expensive than economy light, so after a bit of head scratching I went for R class. Inbound the difference is 75€/pax, still good, but I thought of the meals we can have for 150€ at the destination and opted for Light. The flight is in two weeks and all the seats were available for selection.

We'll return on the 12th, so we'll be supposed to go for 2 weeks quarantine
Old Jun 24, 2020, 2:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Where are you flying? Sweden?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Where are you flying? Sweden?
Nope, old Habsburgistan.

Sweden is still no-no from the quarantine point of view, even after the 13th July.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 5:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

HEL is getting an exotic visitor today: https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/?icao=43c5dc
Old Jun 24, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by oliver2002
HEL is getting an exotic visitor today: https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/?icao=43c5dc
Just took off from exotic RWY 15.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:09 am

Did it even land or was it a touch and go?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.