Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2021, 10:49 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Choices, choices...

Who would want an upgrade when you can get a wait list?
r2d2, ffay005, FFlash and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Or maybe Business Class Waitlist is new customer requested twist of service on CPH flights.
FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Or maybe Business Class Waitlist is new customer requested twist of service on CPH flights.
All we like to wait nicely in line.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by intuition
Choices, choices...

Who would want an upgrade when you can get a wait list?
Am I surprised that nobody is triggered by the exclusive meals proposition? Probably not anymore...
ffay005, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
And 'chilled refreshments' Is the salad in economy warm?
FFlash likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 7:27 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by on22cz
Am I surprised that nobody is triggered by the exclusive meals proposition? Probably not anymore...
Indeed remarkable, especially since the pre-order Y-meals look on par or better than included J offerings...

Originally Posted by oliver2002
And 'chilled refreshments' Is the salad in economy warm?
It is!
The refreshed service now includes "quality coffee", so the only salad avilable is a paper cup of warm water and a sachet of coffea robusta.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:56 pm

I don't know where to put this, but I see that AY has published new earnings charts for JL and QR. It says that the new JL chart applies from the 5th of November while the new QR chart applies from the 1st of November.

JL:
No changes to domestic flights, although AY has re-arranged the table.
No changes in first class on international flights.
In business class, I changes from 70% to 125% while X changes from 125% to 70%. This is probably not a real change but only a renaming of the fare bucket.
In premium economy, E changes from 100% to 70% while P changes from 0% to 50% (or maybe P didn't exist before).
In economy, G and O change from 50% to 30% and Z changes from 0% to 30%. Is Z changing from first class award to economy class or will first class awards start earning points?
This seems to bring AY's earning chart for up to date with JL's own chart. However, JL's own chart doesn't mention any P or Z fares.

QR:
P changes from first class (150%) to business class (75%). In economy, L and V increase from 50% to 75%.

Also, AY has deleted the new AS chart and only shows the old chart. This is probably an error. The chart changed when AS joined Oneworld because a lot of fare buckets were renamed, but there were only a few real changes to the earnings.
r2d2, lento and Steve_Hun like this.

Last edited by Im a new user; Oct 12, 2021 at 3:08 pm
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:56 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by Im a new user
JL:
Is Z changing from first class award to economy class or will first class awards start earning points?
This seems to bring AY's earning chart for up to date with JL's own chart. However, JL's own chart doesn't mention any P or Z fares.
JL First awards have long been in A. It varies within oneworld - A/P/Z can all be awards, depending on carrier.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 4:45 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

I saw this ad just now, which I think is a good move on AY's behalf. AY marketing has been near zero in Sweden for many years, and has been directed mostly at ARN. This is on a mall display, so they clearly are targeting a new crowd.

Yeah yeah, I know, it is along the line of low cost operating which isn't my cup of tea, but at this point in time I guess anything that makes them fill planes and get revenue stream is a good thing.

The payoff is slightly odd though. To me and quite some fellow citizens, this reads the offer is only valid until ten past seven tonight...

Yeah yeah, I guess finnish date-format is like that but here in west-Finland we'd use 19/10 or actually spell it out like "19 oktober". But as everyone who had taken Marketing_101 knows, you need to create a sense of urgency, and nothing spells urgency like book before tonight..!
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:16 am

New updated price ARN-LAX-ARN Eco Light is 2993SEK
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:19 am

The payoff is slightly odd though. To me and quite some fellow citizens, this reads the offer is only valid until ten past seven tonight...
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...70f413a0dc.jpg

Yeah yeah, I guess finnish date-format is like that but here in west-Finland we'd use 19/10 or actually spell it out like "19 oktober". But as everyone who had taken Marketing_101 knows, you need to create a sense of urgency, and nothing spells urgency like book before tonight..!
I read it as 19th of October, but I've seen the Finnish date format a lot due to travels to Finland. The advertisement was obviously made in Finland. This could confuse quite a few people. I think that Finnish date format is somewhat OK if you're advertising trips to Finland (most travellers have been there before and have seen the date format), but if Finland isn't the destination and not even a transit country then you could have lots of customers who have never been to Finland and who do not recognise the date format.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:33 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
New updated price ARN-LAX-ARN Eco Light is 2993SEK
With the whopping discount code, that drops all the way down to 2935 SEK.

Courmisch likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 6:02 am

With the whopping discount code, that drops all the way down to 2935 SEK.
Okay, when we go?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 6:37 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Oh, travelling westward is scary, I think. 20 years since last time in US. And never been to LAX. Would we survive?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver

This indeed is ten past seven in Finnish format. Finnish dates must end with a period for the month also. Period is used in the same way as "th". "19.10." means 19th (day) of 10th (month).
DALtoAAL and LoungeEnthusiast like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.