Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair to introduce Y+ ("comfort")

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
What if one is AY Gold/Plat and buys an AA stock AY operated eco-ticket, can one select comfort class for free during booking or at OLCI?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
FWIW, I got comfort seats pre-assigned booking QF code on AY metal, and could select any other comfort seat using Finnair MMB.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:30 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Comfort seats are supposed to come with a fee (see the Finnair website), unless you are Finnair Plus Gold or Platinum (or Oneworld equivalent).

If you are willing to pay, you should obtain the Finnair/Amadeus PNR for your flight (it should show on the AA reservation) and go to Finnair.com, or call the Finnair customer service.
I just did AA reservation but did not find that PNR, only AA record locator which could not lead me anywhere.

However, during booking as I entered my AY Plat nr, I could select main cabin extra for free on the AA legs, but no seat selection whatsoever on the AY trans-atlantic legs. Then, when the ticket was booked, it showed the AY legs were auto-assigned comfort seats 21A and 23L ^ so no need to call AY
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I overheard AY check-in staff talking that they can assign to Y+ freely when the flight is full, otherwise not.
My flight in the weekend was overbooked in Y (saw 5 upgraded boarding passes at the gate) and I could select Y+ at OLCI, although not save. Don't know if this is possible in other cases?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
How is the pricing for the comfort class calculated?

The website just gives a modest range without a detailed explanation.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
No idea, but as an OWE it's complimentary for you ^
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by remymartin
No idea, but as an OWE it's complimentary for you ^
Seriously? Emeralds get it for free? Sweeeeet.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
OWE and OWS actually. OWR get it for half the price, IIRC.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 6:12 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Courmisch
OWE and OWS actually. OWR get it for half the price, IIRC.
OWR don't give any discount when choosing Economy Comfort seat.

You’ll get a 50% discount from advance seat reservations for scheduled Finnair flights at the Select Your Seat service (excluding seats with extra legroom).

Source: Finnair.com.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:39 pm
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Updated information at finnair.com about headrests in Eco Comfort:

Comfier headrest – by the end of March 2015 we will equip all Economy Comfort seats across our long-haul fleet (except for two Airbus A340-300 OH-LQG and OH-LQF aircraft) with new, comfier headrests. The seat itself is a standard Economy Class seat.

They are also advertising the new Marimekko amenity kit:

As of 19 February, we will provide you with a new personal amenity kit including a sleeping mask, earplugs, socks, toothbrush and toothpaste encased in a small cotton bag with a classic Marimekko pattern.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:03 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by HJP
They are also advertising the new Marimekko amenity kit:

As of 19 February, we will provide you with a new personal amenity kit including a sleeping mask, earplugs, socks, toothbrush and toothpaste encased in a small cotton bag with a classic Marimekko pattern.
Interesting, since socks are not a part of the J bag. Perhaps they decided slippers are a better option than socks, thus J pax are getting the better deal. (Personally, if I need to choose, I'd go for socks rather than slippers)
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Interesting, since socks are not a part of the J bag. Perhaps they decided slippers are a better option than socks, thus J pax are getting the better deal. (Personally, if I need to choose, I'd go for socks rather than slippers)
I understood, J passengers can have socks and slippers on request?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:48 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
True. As of right now, slippers have been at seat when boarding J (ie not on request) while socks were on request. You can have both, I have had so.

My point is rather that it seems Y is getting socks in the amenity kit while J has them on demand. I'd rather have them in the bag from start.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:06 am

Just noticed that Finnair has risen the price of Economy Comfort seat. It used to be max 60 € but is now 75 €. I booked those for my JFK-HEL flight and paid 60 €. Now both seat map and price list says 75 €.

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/flight...lect-your-seat

Finnair has also published a picture that shows the new, comfier headrest and extra legroom.

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/economy-class-long-haul
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: AY Gold
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Finnair has also published a picture that shows the new, comfier headrest and extra legroom.
Seems the ex-AF A340 OH-LQG and OH-LQF won't get the headrest, others by the end of March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.