Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair to introduce Y+ ("comfort")

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2015, 2:14 pm
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
mpkz: JFK flights are "always" flown with A330 (LTS/LTT/LTU), so 21J/21L is a very good seat choise for that flight
Old Jul 19, 2015, 6:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HJP
mpkz: JFK flights are "always" flown with A330 (LTS/LTT/LTU), so 21J/21L is a very good seat choise for that flight
Seat reservation online saying A343... and seatmap matches A343. Do you think that's temporary?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:10 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
If system says 343, then that is what they have planned for your flight at this point. It might change and it might not.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
I cheked 8 months from now and I did not see AY 343 to JFK.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:23 am
Suspended

Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Yes, You are right, now it's loaded, tomorrow 343 to JFK and 333 to HKG.

And on 23rd 343 to JFK again.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:06 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Yes, You are right, now it's loaded, tomorrow 343 to JFK and 333 to HKG.

And on 23rd 343 to JFK again.
can someone open up the secret behind this? AY5 to JFK will depart late today, ETD 16.50 because the 343 is coming from NRT, ETA 14.51.

Are they missing the planned plane for JFK or what?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:41 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes, they are juggeling which could be due to shortage of planes combinated with delays.
LQD is arriving from NRT and going to JFK
LQC is arriving from PVG and is supposed to go to HKG, but it looks like LTU is scheduled to go to HKG tomorrow morning on one of AY's infamous 9h delays. Perhaps LQC is not feeling well and will stay on the ground once landed.

Last edited by intuition; Jul 22, 2015 at 4:49 am
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Flying Finnair longhaul for the first time (HEL-JFK) and was able to choose Y+ due to Oneworld status.

My question is about alcohol onboard.

According to Finnair website: Flights to North America and Thailand: all our meals include free-of-charge non-alcoholic drinks, beer, and wine. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase at all other times.

Does this mean I can only get a free glass of wine with meal service and all other times I have to pay for it?
Are there any unwritten rules like on AA were OWE get all types of booze for free?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
According to Finnair website: Flights to North America and Thailand: all our meals include free-of-charge non-alcoholic drinks, beer, and wine. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase at all other times.

Does this mean I can only get a free glass of wine with meal service and all other times I have to pay for it?
Yes it does. However, I've never had a problem with getting an extra unopened mini bottle of wine or can of beer at meal time, drinking it later. In fact, when the FA's see me, they usually offer one themselves. Don't ask me why!
Old Jul 26, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by tsastor
Yes it does. However, I've never had a problem with getting an extra unopened mini bottle of wine or can of beer at meal time, drinking it later. In fact, when the FA's see me, they usually offer one themselves. Don't ask me why!
Do you have status with AY or are you that gorgeous they want to hump you?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
Do you have status with AY or are you that gorgeous they want to hump you?
Modesty prevents me from commenting!
(no, haven't had AY status for a while)
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
No seat recline during meals in Economy Comfort

The good news is that Comfort Economy was a vast improvement over regular economy, for example with plenty of room to use a laptop. However the insistence on having seats upright during meal service was annoying.

I sent this email to customer services:
I was in economy comfort class and wanted to skip dinner to get as much sleep as possible. But I was told that the regulation was that seats must be upright during the meal service, which meant that I was unable to sleep until I could recline my seat after dinner. While I can understand the need for upright seats during meals in normal economy class, the space in comfort economy makes this unnecessary (particularly as I was in a window seat).

Could you revise your regulations so that upright seats are not required during the meal service in comfort economy?
To which I got the reply:

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not manage to serve you in accordance with your expectations on your flight. The passengers on our flights are asked to put their seats to upright position during meal times. This is normal procedure because passengers would have difficulties to eat if a passenger in front of them had their seat reclined. Our desire is to serve you well, and I hope that despite this unfortunate experience, we may soon offer you our services again. Sincerely Finnair Customer Relations.
Having reiterated that this was not necessary in Comfort Economy, I got the more constructive reply:
Thank you for your answer. This feedback is important to us, and we are continuously developing the cabin service procedure. I have forwarded your feedback to the developers of the cabin services. I wish plenty more pleasant flights with us in the future. Sincerely Finnair Plc Customer relations
Not sure whether to be optimistic of any change though.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:57 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by nbevan
The good news is that Comfort Economy was a vast improvement over regular economy, for example with plenty of room to use a laptop. However the insistence on having seats upright during meal service was annoying.

I sent this email to customer services:

To which I got the reply:

Having reiterated that this was not necessary in Comfort Economy, I got the more constructive reply:

Not sure whether to be optimistic of any change though.
Good that you gave the feedback. While I find the recline during meal annoying, it is truly unnecessary in eco comfort as there is enough space and indeed I want to sleep too and not be disturbed in similar situation.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 3:23 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by FFlash
Good that you gave the feedback. While I find the recline during meal annoying, it is truly unnecessary in eco comfort as there is enough space and indeed I want to sleep too and not be disturbed in similar situation.
Maybe reiterate your feelings to Finnair customer care?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.