Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

150 Canada - 3rd night free certificate (targetted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

150 Canada - 3rd night free certificate (targetted)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Thanks, Ibotez. So basically in my scenario of a 3-night stay, I cannot use both a free night and a 3rd night free certs, correct? Because then I would only pay for 1 night.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Your question has been answered twice, in posts #44 and #45 . But if you need 3 answers to be convinced, let me throw in the third NO!
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Was just able to book a room at The Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai using my Canada 3rd night free certificate.

I found a prepaid rate through American Express Travel for $300 taxes included with flexible cancelation for my dates. Fairmont was advertising a similar rate through the website, but didn't include tax (15%) and was non-refundable. I emailed Fairmont and asked if I could book two nights through Amex, and then book a third night through them and apply the certificate. I included screenshots of the Amex rate and received a response within a couple of hours informing me they would match the rate and flexible terms and apply the certificate. Yay!

Also, I was able to use a suite upgrade certificate.

As a data point, my partner and I (both Platinum) each received the Canada certificate, whereas my partner only received the holiday certificate in the winter. He has zero stays this year, with nothing booked, while I have about 10 stays with another 5 booked. It seems the distribution of these targeted certificates is completely random.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Originally Posted by lbotez
We have no idea how they determined whom to send this offer to; have you stayed in any Fairmont this year? Seems to be a bit random. But I think it's only for US/Canada members. If you are in Mauritius, then probably not. But I'd give them a call anyway.
0 stays at Fairmont this year, but I have already booked a 2 night stay at Fairmont Beijing in mid July.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by elephentravels
Will have a 2 night stay at fairmont beijing in the coming week, I don't mind extending for a free 3rd night!
Since Beijing isn't in Canada, it shouldn't be usable anyway.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Since Beijing isn't in Canada, it shouldn't be usable anyway.
Oh well, other posters above have been able to use it for stays in Singapore or other countries
Old Jul 4, 2017, 10:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by elephentravels
Oh well, other posters above have been able to use it for stays in Singapore or other countries
Since they haven't actually stayed yet, I'm not convinced it will actually work. Agents often promise things they can't deliver. But I did say "shouldn't" and not "wouldn't", so I admit it may happen.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
If the phone agent applies the cert and re-sends an email with the new full stay price, I find it hard for Fairmont to back out of that agreement later.

I suggest that those that use the certs ask for the confirmation to be re-sent and check online (and print) for the new price for your stay.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Received a confirmation for my 3-night stay in Shanghai next week with the new price reflecting the applied certificate. While I agree it's not out of the realm of possibilities for them to dishonour the promotion, I would be incredibly surprised if they did. I wouldn't be shocked, however, to read other people not being able to apply their certificate outside of Canada in the coming weeks or days. I'll be sure to report back on my experience.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SOWK
Received a confirmation for my 3-night stay in Shanghai next week with the new price reflecting the applied certificate. While I agree it's not out of the realm of possibilities for them to dishonour the promotion, I would be incredibly surprised if they did. I wouldn't be shocked, however, to read other people not being able to apply their certificate outside of Canada in the coming weeks or days. I'll be sure to report back on my experience.

that would be great. Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
If Fairmont has confirmed your reservation and rate, I can't imagine them not honouring it. I've had them make mistakes before, such as confirming the use of a certificate without realizing it was a blacked out date for the hotel, and they've never come back and not honoured the rate as confirmed.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:00 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
As I stated in my earlier post here, I was pretty chuffed at my suite upgrade for the rate I payed so was even more pleased to apply this certificate is possible. I did receive an email confirmation with all details of the stay on there (rate, upgrade to suite and 3rd night free certs) and Fairmont has always done right by me so will give them the benefit of the doubt. Will report back next week after my stay!

Always up for a beverage if our schedules work next week elephentravels!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
You can see my situation when I was allowed to book when later the date was listed as a blackout date and I was almost denied a month before check in by the property:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairm...u-reserve.html

In the thread you can see even mahasamatman suggests holding Fairmont to any cert booking they allowed to confirm.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: Everything
I'm based in US and got the 3rd-night-free cert on my account.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:15 pm

This program is THE best. We love the FPC and enjoy the properties. I was worried that the Accor takeover was going to have a negative impact. So far, so good! Keep up the great work FPC :O)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.