FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   150 Canada - 3rd night free certificate (targetted) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1851136-150-canada-3rd-night-free-certificate-targetted.html)

lbotez Jul 1, 2017 8:22 am

150 Canada - 3rd night free certificate (targetted)

Originally Posted by jch636 (Post 28501943)
It's hard to justify putting $6k on the card for a stay cert that expires 2/28/17. My last Fairmont stay was in Singapore where they upgraded me to a penthouse suite using the suite upgrade cert. However, I have no plans to go back there, or the nicer Fairmont properties in Hawaii or Canada any time soon. As a local, the SF or Sonoma Fairmonts aren't that appealing....

Speaking of Canada, I went to look at my certificates that are left in the Fairmont app. Seems like they added another free night IN CANADA to my certificates!!!!!

Good from July 1 - Nov 30th. For Canada's 150 year anniversary.

Too bad Canada gets cold quick. But if you go in the fall, it could be really nice, especially if you have an extra free night after August 14th. Just saying....

khlay Jul 1, 2017 8:33 am

Originally Posted by lbotez (Post 28507816)
another free night IN CANADA to my certificates!!!!!

It's not fair! I do want to celebrating 150 with you guys in Pacific Rim:D

lbotez Jul 1, 2017 8:41 am

Originally Posted by khlay (Post 28507855)
It's not fair! I do want to celebrating 150 with you guys in Pacific Rim:D

You didn't get one?? Figured every Premier member got one ... I had looked at this a couple days ago, and it wasn't there. So this is new.

khlay Jul 1, 2017 10:25 am

Originally Posted by lbotez (Post 28507873)
You didn't get one?? Figured every Premier member got one ... I had looked at this a couple days ago, and it wasn't there. So this is new.

Not yet. Just checked

Finkface Jul 1, 2017 10:48 am

Did you get a free night cert? Or a 3rd night free? I got the latter;
Fairmont President’s Club Certificates
*Canada 150 - 3rd Night Free

but would much rather have the former.

lbotez Jul 1, 2017 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 28508218)
Did you get a free night cert? Or a 3rd night free? I got the latter;
Fairmont President’s Club Certificates
*Canada 150 - 3rd Night Free

but would much rather have the former.

Yes. Sorry, I didn't clarify that... I don't normally stay only one night anywhere (except airports),

here's what I see:

https://flic.kr/p/WjuiDX

When I went to Barbados last month, I used the 3rd night free, my two free certificates for getting the card, and and paid for another 4 nights; it was a deal. Loved the Barbados Fairmont.

Really will miss this card. And staying at Fairmonts probably. These certificates made it affordable.

tondoleo Jul 1, 2017 1:30 pm

Canada 150 Third night free Cert

I discovered this afternoon Fairmont added a Canada 150 Third night free certificate to my account.

Thank you Fairmont.

Happy Anniversary Canada.

I look forward to using the cert.

Brendan Jul 1, 2017 1:39 pm

I also got a Canada 150 B2G1! I'm Premier only via the Chase Visa. Now I have to phone to make sure that Banff Springs grabs this one for my August stay instead of the one expiring Feb. 2018.

Brendan Jul 1, 2017 1:45 pm

I got one, too. Is it valid only at Fairmonts in Canada, or worldwide?

Jasper2009 Jul 1, 2017 2:00 pm

I always wonder what kind of logic (if any) is applied when awarding additional certs.

I'm not sure why Premier members who only have status from the Chase CC would qualify while Platinum members don't, but I'm sure the marketing folks are smarter than I am.:p

JCFans Jul 1, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm booking the Singapore property and just realized that they added the CANADA 150 3rd free night cert into my account! Can this be used worldwide or just in Canadian properties?

I read in earlier messages on this thread that it's for use in Canada only but I can't find that stipulation.

margarita girl Jul 1, 2017 6:33 pm

Just applied my Canada 150 3rd night free certificate to Fairmont SIN for October stay. :)

lbotez Jul 1, 2017 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 28509491)
Just applied my Canada 150 3rd night free certificate to Fairmont SIN for October stay. :)

Are you saying it worked for 3rd night in Singapore? That's a bit odd. How'd you do that? Call in?

Spent_All_My_Miles Jul 2, 2017 12:04 am

I am a US-based FPC Plat and did not receive this third night free coupon.
I did receive the "2016 Holiday Gift - 3rd Night Free" coupon last December.
I have not stayed in a Canadian Fairmont since early 2016.

margarita girl Jul 2, 2017 12:20 am

Originally Posted by lbotez (Post 28509826)
Are you saying it worked for 3rd night in Singapore? That's a bit odd. How'd you do that? Call in?

Yes and yes. Applied to Fairmont SIN by calling in.