Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FPC Platinum Passions Enhancements

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:55 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
I can understand aspects of both of the approaches; the one you describe and Jaspers. When weighing the considerations of both, it feels like avoiding the 'extra questions' and taking Jaspers approach could be better for a couple reasons.

One is many people will make exceptions that they don't want to be set as the standard or referenced as 'this hotel will allow - I checked with them'. Just giving them the cert upon arrival at the Spa covers you. If you don't want topay the $50, then just walk away. But my bet is 90%+ of the time it will work as Jasper indicated.

Plus asking too many 'what-if' questions can also cause items that are allowed to be discontinued. For example, hey they have a good point - what are they trying to pull on us .... For example a person says; 'hey look these aren't transferable, but will you let me anyways'.

Or worse, call in on a potential mistake fare asking if its ok

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Because "common law spouse" and "girl friend" is not the same, I would definitely double check with the spa or front desk to make sure that they would make this exception.

I tend to be proactive with clarifications.. although I know the spa staff at the hotels I frequent.. I know that they appreciate clarifications. For example, the supervisor I know at the Willowstream made an exception for us this past stay based on our package inclusions.. ended up very relaxing for my wife and I.

Last edited by TravelGuy1965; Mar 10, 2011 at 6:04 am
Old Mar 10, 2011, 6:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Welcome to your first few posts on FT. If you and yours are staying together and you're present to redeem the certificate, the redemption should be allowed under terms and conditions. To be 100% sure, call the hotel spa services department and inquire. I would be surprised if they did not allow this exception. Under terms and conditions, its transferable to 'common law spouse'.
In my initial response.. I meant it to just be a choice, rather than a must do. Its' optional to double check if you want to be 100% sure

Because "common law spouse" and "girl friend" is not the same, I would definitely double check with the spa or front desk to make sure that they would make this exception.

I tend to be proactive with clarifications.. although I know the spa staff at the hotels I frequent.. I know that they appreciate clarifications. For example, the supervisor I know at the Willowstream made an exception for us this past stay based on our package inclusions.. ended up very relaxing for my wife and I.
In the second quote.. I was responding to the common law spouse is not equal to girl friend equation. If there is a discrepancy and is important to OP to make sure that an exception is made, then for sure I would double check before the use.. a what-if scenario.

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
I can understand aspects of both of the approaches; the one you describe and Jaspers. When weighing the considerations of both, it feels like avoiding the 'extra questions' and taking Jaspers approach could be better for a couple reasons.

One is many people will make exceptions that they don't want to be set as the standard or referenced as 'this hotel will allow - I checked with them'. Just giving them the cert upon arrival at the Spa covers you. If you don't want topay the $50, then just walk away. But my bet is 90%+ of the time it will work as Jasper indicated.

Plus asking too many 'what-if' questions can also cause items that are allowed to be discontinued. For example, hey they have a good point - what are they trying to pull on us .... For example a person says; 'hey look these aren't transferable, but will you let me anyways'.

Or worse, call in on a potential mistake fare asking if its ok
I would agree with you.. if you feel more comfortable not asking, then don't ask.. Some people just aren't comfortable asking, and don't mind paying for the extra services.^
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Ask for forgiveness, not permission.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Given that it appears that one can only choose a maximum of one of each offering, does it seem feasible that one could choose the free round of golf and then combine that with the Platinum 2 for 1 golf benefit to have two people get a free round?
Old Mar 13, 2011, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Shenanigans
Given that it appears that one can only choose a maximum of one of each offering, does it seem feasible that one could choose the free round of golf and then combine that with the Platinum 2 for 1 golf benefit to have two people get a free round?
My gut is no as it would be combining two offers - however, this isn't firm by any means. Will have to track throughout the spring/summer as people try.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 3:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Hope it works.. but I have a feeling it won't be combinable.

Shenanigans.. Thanks for clarifying that you can only choose one passion 'enhancement' per category.

https://www.fairmont.com/EN_FA/FPC/M...Conditions.htm

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Members of Fairmont President’s Club who earned Platinum status during the 2010 member year will be given an opportunity to select four additional benefits on top of the core program benefits that they enjoy today. Members who achieve Platinum status mid-year will be given an opportunity to select their additional benefits in March, 2012.

Members will have from March 1, 2011 through until May 31, 2011 to select their benefits. All benefit selections must be completed by May 31, 2011. After this time, benefit selections will be closed for the year.

There will be a limit of one item extended per benefit. For benefits with multiple options,PlatinumMembers will be required to select one item to receive.

Once benefits have been selected, they cannot be changed for any reason.

Items are subject to availability. Select sizing and colors available at time of selection may vary.

Benefits are subject to change without notice. In the event that items selected are damaged during shipping, the member will have up to 30 days from delivery date to make a claim. Where claims are honored, a replacement of the exact item originally received will be shipped. Please contact FPC Platinum Desk at GRC 1 866 940 8011 (US/CDA) 506 387 1767 (Worldwide) [email protected] to inquire about a replacement.

No returns, exchanges or substitutions of selected benefits (or options available within a benefit) will be permitted.

Unless otherwise noted, the Platinum Member may transfer their benefit to immediate family meaning:Parent, adult child, spouse (including common law) and siblings.

Delivery of selected benefits may take anywhere from four to six weeks.

The terms and conditions noted within this document are in addition to the regular program terms and conditions already in effect. For more information on Fairmont President Club program terms and conditions, please visit https://www.fairmont.com/EN_FA/FPCPu...sAndConditions
General terms and conditions are applicable to all benefit selections. For more specific benefit terms, please see below.

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT

Savings at Eye Buy Art
Member will receive a separate email from FPC with steps on how to use the promotion code to save 20% on their purchase at Eye Buy Art. For details on where Eye Buy Art delivers along with shipping rates and methods, please visit www.eyebuyart.com.

The promotion code provided to Platinum members expires on February 29, 2012.

Fairmont President Club Members are bound by all terms and conditions as indicated by Eye Buy Art. When a member makes a purchase on Eye Buy Art, they are entering into a direct agreement with Eye Buy Art. Neither Fairmont Hotels & Resorts nor Fairmont President's Club will have any influence on, or be held accountable for, any part of that agreement.

Iconic Fairmont Books
Members may only select one book title. Please note that only English titled books are available.

Savings on a Fairmont Moments Experience
The Certificate entitles the holder to $100 USD off any Fairmont Moments Package. Certificate may be redeemed for $100 USD off a Fairmont Moments Experience at any Fairmont Hotel & Resort locations where a Fairmont Moment Experience is being held.

Member must indicate certificate use at the time of booking their Fairmont Moments Package in order for the $100 USD credit to be applied against the total cost of the package. Certificate cannot be used in conjunction with any other package or special offer.

The original certificate must be presented upon check in order to receive the $100 USD off. At hotels where the local currency is not USD, the hotel will calculate the daily rate of exchange when the original certificate is presented.

Certificates are only transferrable to immediate family meaning: Parent, adult child, spouse (including common law) and siblings.

Certificates will be void if listed or advertised for sale or auction on the Internet, in newspapers and magazines, or other similar means. Fairmont reserves the right to deny any certificates it believes have been resold, transferred or conveyed contrary to this provision.

Certificate is non-refundable if lost, stolen or destroyed. Certificate has no cash surrender value. Certificate expires on February 29, 2012.

For a full list of Fairmont Moment experiences and Fairmont Moment booking contacts please visi twww.fairmont.com/promo/fairmontmoments. or fairmont.com/fpc/myevents.

FOOD & DRINK

Authentically Local Food Experience
Certificate entitles the holder to one Authentically Local Dish for lunch or dinner served in the hotels all day dining restaurant. Certificate cannot be used in conjunction with any other package or special offer. Certificate does not apply to in-room dining. Alcohol is not included in the certificate. Taxes and Gratuities are included in certificate.

Restaurant availability is at the discretion of the redeeming hotel and is subject to change without notice. Original certificate must be presented to the server upon being seated.

Certificates are only transferrable to immediate family meaning: Parent, adult child, spouse (including common law) and siblings.

Certificates will be void if listed or advertised for sale or auction on the Internet, in newspapers and magazines, or other similar means. Fairmont reserves the right to deny any certificates it believes have been resold, transferred or conveyed contrary to this provision.

Certificate has no cash surrender value. Certificate is non-refundable if lost, stolen or destroyed. No returns, exchanges or substitutions will be permitted. Certificate expires on February 29, 2012.

Fairmont Wine Set and Pairing Recipes
Please note that Wine, Alcohol or stemware are not included in the set. Recipe cards will be provided in English only.

LEADERSHIP & PHILANTHROPY

Adopt an Animal through World Wildlife Fund (Canada)
Members must choose one animal for adoption. Please note that only English adoption kits are available.Tax receipts will not be extended for this item.

Donation to World Wildlife Fund - Canada or National Geographic Society
By selecting this benefit, the Member is agreeing to receive information, either by email or mail, directly from the charitable organization.

Fairmont President’s Club will make a donation of $15.00 CAD (to WWF Canada) or $15.00 USD (to ational Geographic) on behalf of our Fairmont President’s Club member. Members must choose one carity to support.

WWF Canada will issue out a tax receipt in the name of the Fairmont President’s Club member.National Geographic will issue out a Thank you letter in the name of the Fairmont President’s Club member.

Tax receipts and Thank you letters will only be issued in the name of the member selecting the benefit.

Give and Get Back
Charitable organizations considered must be in line with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts’ charitable donations criterion and will exclude groups that do not hold current government approval of their charitable status, are affiliated with endowments, debt reduction campaigns, political parties or candidates, religious organizations, private schools, advocacy or special interest groups or service clubs.

A minimum 3-hour volunteer hour requirement will apply for each stay credit

Members must send an official volunteer letter from the charitable organization to
[email protected]. The official volunteer letter must have all of the following information in order to qualify for review: member name, charitable organization name, registered charity number, volunteer date and the number of volunteer hours.

One stay credit (equaling one room night) will be awarded to the member’s profile. A maximum of two stay credits (equaling two room nights) permitted per member.

Stay credits will appear on the Member’s profile four to six weeks from the date of submission of the volunteer letter for. In order for stay credits to count for the current membership year, they must be completed by no later than December 31, 2011.

SPORTS & ADVENTURE

Complimentary Golf Lesson
Certificate entitles the holder to a complimentary golf lesson with a pro at any Fairmont Managed golf course. Certificate cannot be used in conjunction with any other package or special offer.

Certificate is subject to availability at time of reservation. Golf Lesson may not be redeemed without advanced notice; Platinum member must identify him/herself and the intent to use the certificate when booking a lesson. In the event of a cancelled or no show golf lesson, the complimentary certificate will be voided and considered as forfeited to cover any associated penalties.

The original certificate must be presented at the Golf Clubhouse upon arrival to receive complimentary golf lesson. Certificate is valid for one golf lesson only. Certificate is non-refundable if lost, stolen or destroyed. Certificate has no cash surrender value.

Certificate expires on February 29, 2012. For a complete list of Fairmont Managed golf courses, please visit www.fairmontgolf.com.

Complimentary Round of Golf
Certificate entitles the holder to a complimentary round of golf at any Fairmont Managed golf course.Certificate cannot be used in conjunction with any other package or special offer.

Certificate is subject to availability at time of reservation. Complimentary Round of Golf may not beredeemed without advanced notice; Platinum member must identify him/herself and the intent to use thecertificate when booking a tee time. In the event of a cancelled or no show tee time, the complimentary certificate will be voided and considered as forfeited to cover any associated penalties.

The original certificate must be presented at the Golf Clubhouse upon arrival to receive complimentary round of golf. Certificate is valid for one golf round of golf. Certificate is non-refundable if lost, stolen or destroyed. Certificate has no cash surrender value.

Certificate expires on February 29, 2012. For a complete list of Fairmont Managed golf courses, please visit www.fairmontgolf.com.

Ski Resort Gift Card
Platinum Members must choose one ski hill.

Platinum Members are bound by all terms and conditions as indicated by the ski hill they select. When a member uses their ski hill gift card or certificate, they are entering into a direct agreement with that ski hill. Neither Fairmont Hotels & Resorts nor Fairmont President's Club will have any influence on, or be held accountable for, any part of that agreement.

Gift card/Certificates are non-refundable if lost, stolen or destroyed. Gift Cards/Certificate have no cash surrender value.

SPA & FITNESS

Willow Stream Spa Gift Certificate
Certificate entitles the holder to $25 USD off any 60-minute body treatment, facial or massage experience at any Willow Stream Spa location. Certificate cannot be used in conjunction with any other spa promotions or offers. Certificate does not apply to any in-room spa treatments.

Certificate use is subject to availability. Member may be required to identify himself as a Platinum member when redeeming the certificate by presenting his/her Fairmont President's Club membership card.

Original certificate must be presented upon check-in at the spa. At hotels where the local currency is not USD, the hotel will calculate the daily rate of exchange when the original certificate is presented.

Certificate is non-refundable if lost, stolen or destroyed. Certificate has no cash surrender value.

Certificate expires on February 29, 2012. For a complete listing of Willow Stream Spas, please visit www.willowstream.com.

Willow Stream Spa Treatment
Certificate entitles the holder to a complimentary 45 minute Classic Manicure or Pedicure Treatment experience at any Willow Stream Spa location. Certificate cannot be used in conjunction with any other spa promotions or offers. Certificate does not apply to any in-room spa treatments.

Certificate use is subject to availability. Member may be required to identify himself as a Platinum member when redeeming the certificate by presenting his/her Fairmont President's Club membership card.

Original certificate must be presented upon check-in at the spa.

Certificate is non-refundable if lost, stolen or destroyed. Certificate has no cash surrender value.

Certificate expires on February 29, 2012. For a complete listing of Willow Stream Spas, please visit www.willowstream.com.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Mar 13, 2011 at 10:33 pm Reason: Passion Terms and Conditions Added
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Curious.. anybody get the round of golf and lessons?

What happens if you select all of the benefits.. or 5 or more? Does an error message pop up? Or is the selections defaulted to the first 4 you chose.

I was thinking submitting all to see what happens as you can check them all off.. who knows, you might have all of the certs show up on profile but thought I better ask on the Board to see if someone tried this already. Bit of a lottery here.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:19 am

AM I selected the golf round and lesson and both certificates are in my profile. I figured this was about passions so why would fairmont make you choose one from each category when you aren't passionate about all of them.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kokinos
AM I selected the golf round and lesson and both certificates are in my profile. I figured this was about passions so why would fairmont make you choose one from each category when you aren't passionate about all of them.
^. I noticed that there are 5 passion 'categories' and checked after Shenanigans said that you had to pick one from each category. Then I read the T&C and seems the language is obscure.. after reading a few times over, I figured the options would have to be for example.. pick 1 book out of a choice of 5 that is available, or the type of stuffed animal out of a choice of 5.

But the Golf lesson and Golf round kept looming in my head.. so that's awesome you can pick those two that's within the same 'passion'.

Anybody tried picking 5 or more passions? What happens?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:53 am

^. I noticed that there are 5 passion 'categories' and checked after Shenanigans said that you had to pick one from each category. Then I read the T&C and seems the language is obscure.. after reading a few times over, I figured the options would have to be for example.. pick 1 book out of a choice of 5 that is available, or the type of stuffed animal out of a choice of 5.

But the Golf lesson and Golf round kept looming in my head.. so that's awesome you can pick those two that's within the same 'passion'.

You can definitely pick more than one per category. I have not tried picking more than 4.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select

To clarify, I never said that you had to pick one from each category. My question revolved around not being able to pick two of the same selection i.e. the free round of golf. Given that you check the box, there wouldn't seem to be an evident way of double dipping on the round of golf. Thus, my question extended to whether I could combine the 'passion' with the platinum 2 for 1 golf to get a free round for both my bride and myself.

I have not made any selections yet as I haven't seen four that have really grabbed a hold of me.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:35 pm

You can definitely pick more than 1 in a category. You just can't exceed the max selections.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
So it appears I can pick ANY 5 of these. Some questions from someone who has never stayed in Fairmonts before:

AUTHENTICALLY LOCAL FOOD EXPERIENCE

So this is a dish in the restaurant. May I assume I can use this with the dining certificates? So, me and wife can have a nice meal for perhaps just the tips? Or can I use the dining certs for tips too?

WILLOW STREAM SPA TREATMENT
45 minute Willow Stream Classic Manicure or Classic Pedicure.

I guess wife would like that. Does this get scheduled in advance at the time you book the reservation? How much would you tip? And what's a Willow Stream...Are these only in a few locations?

ADIDAS FITNESS BAG

I can use one as I have a hard time justifying any of the other benefits (I am not a golfer or skier). Can anyone provide a link with a pic? Do they mail it to us?

$100 USD off a Fairmont Moments Experience.

I guess from the limited reading I have done this is something unique. What is the average range of the cost of this?

For my 5th choice is down to the teas vs book. Any feedback from anyone who has received these? Do all these get shipped after we make our selections or after May 31st?

Thank you.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:10 pm

I thought there were only four choices. That's what's showing on my profile when I log in.

AS A FAIRMONT PRESIDENT'S CLUB PLATINUM MEMBER, YOU CAN CHOOSE UP TO 4 ADDITONAL BENEFITS.
Yes, there are five different categories with three selections in each but you're still only picking a total of four.

BTW, can't answer any of the questions posed although Fairmont Moments was discussed only slightly earlier in the thread.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:15 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Thanks...You are right it, it is 4 selections and not 5. I guess the teas or the book just came off my selection. Hope this benefits lasts until next year so I can get them as I will likely gladly give up another Adidas bag

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.