Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FPC Platinum Passions Enhancements

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
How can you use your $25 dining cert's without the physical certs?
Yes, at front desk, or have the restaurant pull them off electronically for you.

I've never used the certs at a spa, but was offered by the attendant to pull them off the profile.. so its a reasonable conclusion that the spa can pull the $25 certs electronically just like the passion certs
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Well, I selected my benefits today (so certificate are valid until 12 feb 2013), in case they initialize the selection in March for the 2012 benefit years. Will see what will happen...
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Well, I selected my benefits today (so certificate are valid until 12 feb 2013), in case they initialize the selection in March for the 2012 benefit years. Will see what will happen...
Did you select last year, or is it the first time selecting the certs?

We're wondering here whether a new set of Passions are being offered up for those who received last years' Passions.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
When does the Fairmont send out the 2012 actual certificates and platinum packages?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by point bonita lighthouse
When does the Fairmont send out the 2012 actual certificates and platinum packages?
In theory anytime in February, as the new membership begins on March 1, 2012.

In reality Ive never received my package before March or even early April, but as certs can be easily redeemed electronically I dont really care.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Thanks jasper!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Did you select last year, or is it the first time selecting the certs?

We're wondering here whether a new set of Passions are being offered up for those who received last years' Passions.
First time. I qualified Platinum in November 2011.
Will see if these selection is the last chance for the 2011 benefits, or if it's for 2012 and just old Platinum will be able to select new privileges in March (or not ...)
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
First time. I qualified Platinum in November 2011.
Will see if these selection is the last chance for the 2011 benefits, or if it's for 2012 and just old Platinum will be able to select new privileges in March (or not ...)
You're redeeming for the first time.. so that's great that you can actually get it selected now..

Its a wait and see situation to see if they will release another set of Passions for Plat this year. Room upgrades weren't generous, but I think it was because FPC was giving out Passion Benefits, in an attempt to book to rule pretty much accross the board. I even received some pushback from hotels I frequent, but in the end the hotels I frequent treated me more than fair..

Will have to see about this year.:-:
Old Feb 18, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Got a big run around at the Scottsdale Fairmont Bourbon Street Restaurant when trying to use my Authentic Dish Passion. First the waitress said we dont offer that, then after telling her they are listed as included she said I could choose a salad... She also said that La Hacienda took the certificate but not them. I told her that a salad is much less than what most hotels offer and asked for the manager who then said they don't offer that as well.

I made a stink asking him if they had internet and that I'd show him they do (as I thought any restaurant that accepts the $25 coupons should) on the T&C's. Others in the restaurant overhear and he tried to then down play it and say he didn't need to see and started relenting and let me pick an entree.

They changed my waitress (not sure why, maybe my initial request to speak with a manager?) and at receiving the bill I gave a $25 cert. The waiter said oh, you have that too. Glad to take it. I said, its good to have someone who is more familiar with the fairmonts presidents club than the manager and he said they were just confused because the Authentic Dish stated it was only good for restaurants that serve 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Very odd..

Does the Authetic Dish Certificate really say its only good at Restaurants that serve all 3 meals during the day?

The manger earlier gave me a free glass a wine as a gesture which smoothed things over with me but the comment at the end threw me off.... Made me feel like they felt they were doing me a favor again which spoiled my mood..

If anyone still has an Authentic Dish certificate can you let me know if it really states its only good at restaurants that serve all 3 meals during the day?

EDIT: I found the terms and conditions..... They may have been right ..

Authentically Local Food Experience
Certificate entitles the holder to one Authentically Local Dish for lunch or dinner served in the hotels all day dining restaurant. Certificate cannot be used in conjunction with any other package or special offer. Certificate does not apply to in-room dining. Alcohol is not included in the certificate. Taxes and Gratuities are included in certificate.

Restaurant availability is at the discretion of the redeeming hotel and is subject to change without notice. Original certificate must be presented to the server upon being seated.

Certificates are only transferrable to immediate family meaning: Parent, adult child, spouse (including common law) and siblings.

Certificates will be void if listed or advertised for sale or auction on the Internet, in newspapers and magazines, or other similar means. Fairmont reserves the right to deny any certificates it believes have been resold, transferred or conveyed contrary to this provision.

Certificate has no cash surrender value. Certificate is non-refundable if lost, stolen or destroyed. No returns, exchanges or substitutions will be permitted. Certificate expires on February 29, 2012.

Last edited by TravelGuy1965; Feb 18, 2012 at 9:20 pm
Old Feb 18, 2012, 9:16 pm

Try this:

https://www.fairmont.com/EN_FA/FPC/M...Conditions.htm

Its' dead.. I guess gotta log on to see it..

Edit: I can see my selections.. so if you did select from a list of i.e. round of golf, spa treatments, local food experience, etc.. then maybe you early qualified last year, didn't yet select your benefits, and lucked out.. check the expiry and ensure that you use the certs by the deadline
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:04 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Certificate cannot be used in conjunction with any other package or special offer.

Restaurant availability is at the discretion of the redeeming hotel and is subject to change without notice. Original certificate must be presented to the server upon being seated.
I think you were both right. They made their terms extremely restrictive.
1. At their discretion
2. Subjective to change
3. can not be used with other offer (I guess that could mean the $25 certs)

On the other hand, it is easier for them to waive a $20-30 entree vs making a stink. Fairmont is generally good about making this happen. I redeemed $150+50 vouchers once and that confused them drastically. I have also had them apply coupons to alcohol and even In Room Dining. So while best to follow the rules YMMV.

If you want to really cause issues, dine with an employee, and then pay with vouchers and gift cards.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:30 pm

I see that now ..

And certainly won't complain but would have liked to understand them better up front (maybe clearer T&Cs but in hindsight I guess its clear; all day dining...). When I first read them I just assumed it applied to the same restuarants as the $25 certs. I was wrong....

I'll just be happy if they continue to offer the Passion Certificates this year

SPG made some real improvements this year, hyatt did two years back, passion certificates are one for Fairmont. I'm hoping they stay.... I didn't end up using my golf certifcate as I was thinking about Scottsdale or Maui but both said no.. Which is consistent with the T&Cs so I'm not upset. I just need to learn the T&Cs better so I pick the right ones and understand the allowed uses better.

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
I think you were both right. They made their terms extremely restrictive.
1. At their discretion
2. Subjective to change
3. can not be used with other offer (I guess that could mean the $25 certs)

On the other hand, it is easier for them to waive a $20-30 entree vs making a stink. Fairmont is generally good about making this happen. I redeemed $150+50 vouchers once and that confused them drastically. I have also had them apply coupons to alcohol and even In Room Dining. So while best to follow the rules YMMV.

If you want to really cause issues, dine with an employee, and then pay with vouchers and gift cards.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I used an "authentically local food experience" cert at the Jasper Park Lodge this past weekend. Everything was preauthorized.. When the bill came, I asked to use the cert, and the waiter dissappeared to inquire with the manager.. then came back and told me everything would be adjusted at checkout.

When receiving the final bill, I noticed that the final bill on the invoice was adjusted $40.. no details, just the adjustment I've noticed. No hassle, but it was a funny way of redeeming the cert online, and having the bill adjusted at checkout.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:09 am
Suspended

I used an "authentically local food experience" cert at the Jasper Park Lodge this past weekend. Everything was preauthorized.. When the bill came, I asked to use the cert, and the waiter dissappeared to inquire with the manager.. then came back and told me everything would be adjusted at checkout.

When receiving the final bill, I noticed that the final bill on the invoice was adjusted $40.. no details, just the adjustment I've noticed. No hassle, but it was a funny way of redeeming the cert online, and having the bill adjusted at checkout.
What sort of stupid marketing is this anyway? Certs should be hassle free. Same with "certain rates" which don't accumulate the lousy 500 aeroplan points... Or not having gold lounge access or free bfast as Plat. I don't want to have a degree in FPC to figure out their systems and dick around with some vouchers. I rather stay at a major chain that gets it right (nearly) all the time....as it is I use fairmont on our free stay certs from centurion and thats pretty much it.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:35 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
And while I know it has been stated elsewhere, on the topic of "ease of use", the $100 off a Fairmont Moments package was almost entirely useless as the Moments packages weren't unveiled until, IIRC, more than half way into the year with considerably fewer options than before. Mine will certainly go as my lone unused cert this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.