Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FPC Platinum Passions Enhancements

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Cool! Is that the Moleskin book to take notes or the Moleskin with empty compartments?
Lo and behold I received my 2012 FPC Plat package in the mail this afternoon as well. The Moleskine book is the EXACT same as last year's, all blank pages with a few quotes thrown in on a few pages.

I like the USB "key" thing, it's something different than I would normally expect to get from a FF program, and it will come in fairly useful (not to mention it's nice and compact). ^
Old Apr 15, 2012, 1:26 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

"Pictures speak 1000 words"

Anyone? Anyone?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Also curious to see what happens when the wife orders her 2012 Plat Passions certs and if FPC allows 2 sets of certs at once.
Just a followup, the wife tried to order her 2012 Plat Passions certs today (after ordering a set (2011?, 2012?) in late Jan 2012). It would not allow her to choose anymore Passions for 2012 as it said she already had 4. So I guess in fact you cannot have 2 sets of Plat Passions certs at once. Which leads me to remind you all: Don't forget to order your 2012 Plat Passions certs by May 31st, 2012 otherwise you will love the ability to choose them for that year........................just like the T&Cs say!!!
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Lo and behold I received my 2012 FPC Plat package in the mail this afternoon as well. The Moleskine book is the EXACT same as last year's, all blank pages with a few quotes thrown in on a few pages.

I like the USB "key" thing, it's something different than I would normally expect to get from a FF program, and it will come in fairly useful (not to mention it's nice and compact). ^
Is that what the key is? It didn't even look like a USB thing I just got mine today.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Ok, I don't feel so bad then for not knowing what the key was for! I asked Fairmont on Twitter and they told me what it is. Nice touch but not more than that. So, when do we get the Passion Benefits?
Old May 11, 2012, 9:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
When selecting Passions, a new screen this year pops up..

You are about to submit your benefit request. We ask that you take a moment to review the information provided below.
You have selected the following benefits:

- COMPLIMENTARY GOLF LESSON
- COMPLIMENTARY ROUND OF GOLF
- KIDS FAIRMONT ROBE
- WILLOW STREAM SPA TREATMENT

Address Information

123 Your Address
Your City, Your Province/State
Postal Code
Your Country

Once you click OK, your benefits will be confirmed. You will not be able to make any further changes to your selections after this point.
Your selections will be shipped to the mailing address indicated on your profile at the time of submitting your request. Before confirming your order, we encourage you to verify your address to ensure that it is up to date and complete.Verify Now

The difference last year, you were able to go back a few times to make selections. This year, it may be different.. so heads up.
Old May 12, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
The same restriction was in place last year. Even says so in your own post.
Old May 12, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Received a nice sized package today with the robe, and the two certs for the Local Dish & the Spa manicure or pedicure session. My National Geographic subscription was not anywhere to be seen in the package (not even listed in the letter as the fourth item chosen). My guess is that the magazine will take a while to make it.

The bath robe is HUGE and, please correct me if I am wrong, it appears as a "step down" from the ones at the hotel...or is it my imagination?

I am very worried of devaluation with the new points per night system because of the new credit card!! Any comments?
Old May 12, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Great to hear they are already arriving. Can you let me know when you submitted it?

I'm hoping the fairmont cc doesn't result in any changes to the status perks. It looks like the qty of points needed for ovation certs is fairy high and the alternative is gift cards.

The one risk is the free night after 12k in spends... that could take up a part of the 'fairmont rooms' that are available for the free night certificates.

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Received a nice sized package today with the robe, and the two certs for the Local Dish & the Spa manicure or pedicure session. My National Geographic subscription was not anywhere to be seen in the package (not even listed in the letter as the fourth item chosen). My guess is that the magazine will take a while to make it.

The bath robe is HUGE and, please correct me if I am wrong, it appears as a "step down" from the ones at the hotel...or is it my imagination?

I am very worried of devaluation with the new points per night system because of the new credit card!! Any comments?
Old May 12, 2012, 10:45 pm

I do not remember when exactly I place my order. But it was very early, maybe in the first three days that it was allowed. Hope this helps.
Old May 13, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Great to hear they are already arriving. Can you let me know when you submitted it?

I'm hoping the fairmont cc doesn't result in any changes to the status perks. It looks like the qty of points needed for ovation certs is fairy high and the alternative is gift cards.

The one risk is the free night after 12k in spends... that could take up a part of the 'fairmont rooms' that are available for the free night certificates.
I'm hoping for no change in perks either, maybe there will be more differentiation between platinum and premier now that premier is available to anyone. The ovation certs aren't the best deal, better to get the gift cards IMHO. Nice 5% back on fairmont stays though.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by havoc29
The same restriction was in place last year. Even says so in your own post.
The screen is different this year.

Last year the same restriction is advertised, however from experience the FPC member can go back and choose the balance of Passions Benefits, without having to select all at once. This was pointed out by Shenanigans last year.

This year, I chose all of the 4 benefits at once without leaving to chance to go back and select the balance this year. Namely, with the different screen that appeared, I didn't want to run the risk where I only pick i.e. 2 benefits, and relinquish 2 benefits because I failed to select.

TravelGuy1965.. seems like the Robe isn't flimsy from your description. Sounds like a satisfying choice?
Old May 22, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Got my package today (Montreal, Canada). Ordered on the first day it was available online.
Old May 22, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by MtlFire
Got my package today (Montreal, Canada). Ordered on the first day it was available online.
Same here.
Old May 22, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Vaclav
Same here.
Me 3. Toronto, Canada. We ordered the chef's hat and apron and my wife got a kick out of me putting it on for fun!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.