FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FPC Platinum Passions Enhancements
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:55 am
TravelGuy1965

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
I can understand aspects of both of the approaches; the one you describe and Jaspers. When weighing the considerations of both, it feels like avoiding the 'extra questions' and taking Jaspers approach could be better for a couple reasons.

One is many people will make exceptions that they don't want to be set as the standard or referenced as 'this hotel will allow - I checked with them'. Just giving them the cert upon arrival at the Spa covers you. If you don't want topay the $50, then just walk away. But my bet is 90%+ of the time it will work as Jasper indicated.

Plus asking too many 'what-if' questions can also cause items that are allowed to be discontinued. For example, hey they have a good point - what are they trying to pull on us .... For example a person says; 'hey look these aren't transferable, but will you let me anyways'.

Or worse, call in on a potential mistake fare asking if its ok

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Because "common law spouse" and "girl friend" is not the same, I would definitely double check with the spa or front desk to make sure that they would make this exception.

I tend to be proactive with clarifications.. although I know the spa staff at the hotels I frequent.. I know that they appreciate clarifications. For example, the supervisor I know at the Willowstream made an exception for us this past stay based on our package inclusions.. ended up very relaxing for my wife and I.

Last edited by TravelGuy1965; Mar 10, 2011 at 6:04 am