Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by foo
Received a courtesy call from Chase today regarding my inquiry about the card's new features... It was indeed an error and a new email will be going out to clarify the error. Someone goofed on their cut and paste.
hahah.. this makes more sense. Maybe we should claim compensation for "lost" benefits

the card is def worth $95 to me. They give 3k or 5k points as retention as well so I'm coming out way ahead with this card. I just wish i could have more than one card per SSN like citi Hilton reserve. Hilton is my primary hotel program because of that card (I don't travel for business)
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA
Anyone know if you can transfer Fairmont points? (In this case to a spouse living at the same address.)

We're using my SO's two free nights in March and she is planning on canceling before her renewal comes up (she has very low tolerance for juggling a ton of cards), but other than the bonus offer nights, she doesn't have enough points for a redemption. I'm curious if we can transfer her points to me once I open a Fairmont Chase card.

I can't find any details about this anywhere, as Fairmont rewards seems to be one of those many programs that really only exist in the barest form as a Chase partnership. Curious if anyone has any experience.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by chrisremo
Anyone know if you can transfer Fairmont points? (In this case to a spouse living at the same address.)

We're using my SO's two free nights in March and she is planning on canceling before her renewal comes up (she has very low tolerance for juggling a ton of cards), but other than the bonus offer nights, she doesn't have enough points for a redemption. I'm curious if we can transfer her points to me once I open a Fairmont Chase card.

I can't find any details about this anywhere, as Fairmont rewards seems to be one of those many programs that really only exist in the barest form as a Chase partnership. Curious if anyone has any experience.
I think most people cash out fairmont points for amazon or gas GCs.

you can even book a flight and apply 1 cpp towards that flight. that way you won't have any orphaned points (amazon GCs are in mutiples of 2500).
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I think most people cash out fairmont points for amazon or gas GCs.
My wife's a Starbucks addict, so that's the route for our points. It's also a better payback since I get 3% cashback on Amazon purchases with that Visa card that I wouldn't get using GCs.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
My wife's a Starbucks addict, so that's the route for our points. It's also a better payback since I get 3% cashback on Amazon purchases with that Visa card that I wouldn't get using GCs.
that makes sense.. my point is it rarely makes sense to redeem fairmont points towards free night certificates. One of the many odd things about this program.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA
Anyone know if you can use the upgrade certificates that come with this card (not the free nights) on stays paid through the Amex Travel website?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chrisremo
Anyone know if you can use the upgrade certificates that come with this card (not the free nights) on stays paid through the Amex Travel website?
Yes, you can definitely apply the upgrade certs towards bookings made via Amex.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:20 pm

Hey guys,

Quick question that I couldn't find the answer to by searching. I was just approved for the Chase Fairmont card and expect it to arrive via rush processing today or tomorrow. To help meet the $3k spend requirement, I'd like to fund a new bank account with the card.

I've churned quite a few cards, and up until the last Chase card I applied for (which was admittedly several months ago), using any Chase credit card to fund a new bank account a) didn't count as a cash advance and b) counted towards the minimum spend requirement for that card.

Is this still the case, specifically with respect to the Chase Fairmont card? Any info/data points would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:35 pm

Completed $3k spend on December 5, on December 10th two free night certificates posted as well as 4x$25 breakfast coupons, all before statement closed. Nice benefits.

Last edited by adlibitum; Dec 12, 2015 at 12:37 pm
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am amazed that the Ovation certs are still paper and take 5 days to reach you with the $10 rush service. No way to get the cert # to give to Fairmont, either. The digital age apparently bypassed this loyalty program.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 5:31 am

Good morning!

I am new to this card and would like to maximize the free nights. I read the sticky and still have a question.

If I meet spending in Feb for the free nights when should I time the $12,000 to post for the additional free night? I am hoping to do 6 nights with my husband and my card combined as long as we can get the 3rd night time frame right.

Thank you for your help!
Old Jan 1, 2016, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Familyof5
Good morning!

If I meet spending in Feb for the free nights when should I time the $12,000 to post for the additional free night? I am hoping to do 6 nights with my husband and my card combined as long as we can get the 3rd night time frame right.

Thank you for your help!
From the terms and conditions:

Anniversary Bonus Night: If your Net Purchases total $12,000 or more annually, on your Anniversary you will receive a certificate ("Certificate") redeemable for one night's stay at any Fairmont hotel or resort worldwide.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I am amazed that the Ovation certs are still paper and take 5 days to reach you
I'm amazed anyone orders them. I've found them to be (by a significant margin) the least cost-effective use of these points.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I'm amazed anyone orders them. I've found them to be (by a significant margin) the least cost-effective use of these points.
Please elaborate. What are most cost-effective uses of points?
Old Jan 1, 2016, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by BOSOGG
Please elaborate. What are most cost-effective uses of points?
Anything else. The gift cards and travel both yield $0.01 per point, while I've found that the Ovation certificates offer about 70% of that value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.