Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

How is Darius formerly of mms these days?

How is Darius formerly of mms these days?

Reply

Old Mar 19, 19, 7:07 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 889
How is Darius formerly of mms these days?

Itís been about a year since Darius left mms. I havenít kept up with blogging scene. Wonder what heís up to these days.
webazoid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 19, 5:46 am
  #2  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 36,212
The pages where the divorce and the departure of Daraius were announced have been taken off MMS. He had put the link on his linkedin Page to indicate what he was upto.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/daraiusdubash/
oliver2002 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 19, 10:04 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 7,365
Wow - I haven't been paying attention. He's not part of MMS anymore? Is the ex-wife?

From LinkedIn, it looks like he's just retired.
josephstern is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 19, 2:14 pm
  #4  
Moderator, Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: TIJ/SAN
Programs: All of them.
Posts: 1,324
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Wow - I haven't been paying attention. He's not part of MMS anymore? Is the ex-wife?
Emily is gone too.
ChrisFlyer66 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 19, 12:46 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 889
Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66 View Post
Emily is gone too.
wow...when did she leave? I've totally been out of the loop.wonder why she left.
webazoid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 19, 1:08 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 889
On internet archive page, looks like last time Emily was heard from was mid Jan 2019. Hope they were able to cash in while things were still good.
webazoid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 19, 8:36 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CLE
Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis CHM.
Posts: 3,553
Originally Posted by webazoid View Post
On internet archive page, looks like last time Emily was heard from was mid Jan 2019. Hope they were able to cash in while things were still good.
They sold out years ago. Just had to finish the earn-out period like Rick did.
kokonutz and 84fiero like this.
ctownflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 19, 4:52 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 2,793
We should have a contest what D and E will do next
gpapadop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 19, 5:01 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 7,365
Originally Posted by gpapadop View Post
We should have a contest what D and E will do next
My winning entry is: nothing any of us will ever hear or care about.
belfordrocks and 84fiero like this.
josephstern is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 19, 10:03 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,927
Still somewhat shocking to me how all that went down. I remember 5+ years ago when I first got into miles and points I sent MMS an email asking a few questions, and actually got a personal reply from Daraius! Hope he's doing well and figured his $hit out. I thought I saw someone mention that he was one of the people exposed in the Ashley Madison hack? Just goes to show that behind the facade of 5-star vacations to Maldives and Bora Bora, that none of it buys true happiness.
no1cub17 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 19, 12:02 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: London
Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Posts: 25,395
Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
Still somewhat shocking to me how all that went down. I remember 5+ years ago when I first got into miles and points I sent MMS an email asking a few questions, and actually got a personal reply from Daraius! Hope he's doing well and figured his $hit out. I thought I saw someone mention that he was one of the people exposed in the Ashley Madison hack? Just goes to show that behind the facade of 5-star vacations to Maldives and Bora Bora, that none of it buys true happiness.
You remind me of the (probably true) story about 1960's British footballer George Best.

George Best recalled a story from after he retired from football and had got a reputation as a bit of bad boy. A bellboy walked in on him in his hotel room, where he was in bed with an ex-Miss World, with the floor covered in empty bottles of vintage champagne and the bed covered with £5,000 (probably £30,000 today) of bank notes they had won on a trip to the horse racing that day. "Where did it all go wrong, George?" said the bellboy sadly.
ctownflyer likes this.
Raffles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 19, 12:16 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CLE
Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis CHM.
Posts: 3,553
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
You remind me of the (probably true) story about 1960's British footballer George Best.

George Best recalled a story from after he retired from football and had got a reputation as a bit of bad boy. A bellboy walked in on him in his hotel room, where he was in bed with an ex-Miss World, with the floor covered in empty bottles of vintage champagne and the bed covered with £5,000 (probably £30,000 today) of bank notes they had won on a trip to the horse racing that day. "Where did it all go wrong, George?" said the bellboy sadly.
Funny story and apropos here, but I wouldn't trade a happy marriage and family for all of BankRate's money and all of the Miss Worlds.
oliver2002 and 84fiero like this.
ctownflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 19, 1:51 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 2,793
Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
I remember 5+ years ago when I first got into miles and points I sent MMS an email asking a few questions, and actually got a personal reply from Daraius!
It is good business. You likely made him some money by getting some credit cards from his site. He thanks you...

For the record, Miss Worlds are not my type so I will pass.

I should start a thread "Guess which blog sells out to Red Ventures/Bankrate/TPG next!". The winner maybe will get an LH FCT duck...bound to become a collectors items after it will cost 2,135,000 in United miles to get there, sad!

Maybe I start another thread giving suggestions to bloggers how to: reinvent/transition/change careers because...a big shakeout is likely coming. Which was due and shocked (no video) that it has not happened yet.

I think across the pond they will be ok as they never got much of the credit card conversions drug like us here.

To get back on topic, Daraius will be back doing something, he is an entrepreneur at heart.
84fiero likes this.
gpapadop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 19, 9:43 am
  #14  
Moderator: Travel Buzz, Chase Credit Cards
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 2,624
I'm fond of Daraius and wish him all the best. He helped me get started in this back in 2011/ 2012, when his blog had about 3000 subscribers.
StartinSanDiego is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 19, 2:37 pm
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: London
Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Posts: 25,395
Originally Posted by ctownflyer View Post
Funny story and apropos here, but I wouldn't trade a happy marriage and family for all of BankRate's money and all of the Miss Worlds.
Although, and Mr Bezos is just the latest in a long line, history shows that people who come into a large sum of money suddenly decide that their marriage is not so happy and that actually a woman 15-20 years younger would be a major improvement ......!
Raffles is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread