FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   External Miles and Points Resources (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources-723/)
-   -   How is Darius formerly of mms these days? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1961682-how-darius-formerly-mms-these-days.html)

webazoid Mar 19, 2019 7:07 pm

How is Darius formerly of mms these days?

It’s been about a year since Darius left mms. I haven’t kept up with blogging scene. Wonder what he’s up to these days.

oliver2002 Mar 21, 2019 5:46 am

The pages where the divorce and the departure of Daraius were announced have been taken off MMS. He had put the link on his linkedin Page to indicate what he was upto.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/daraiusdubash/

josephstern Mar 21, 2019 10:04 am

Wow - I haven't been paying attention. He's not part of MMS anymore? Is the ex-wife?

From LinkedIn, it looks like he's just retired.

ChrisFlyer66 Mar 21, 2019 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 30913307)
Wow - I haven't been paying attention. He's not part of MMS anymore? Is the ex-wife?

Emily is gone too.

webazoid Mar 22, 2019 12:46 am

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66 (Post 30914255)
Emily is gone too.

wow...when did she leave? I've totally been out of the loop.wonder why she left.

webazoid Mar 22, 2019 1:08 am

On internet archive page, looks like last time Emily was heard from was mid Jan 2019. Hope they were able to cash in while things were still good.

ctownflyer Mar 22, 2019 8:36 am

Originally Posted by webazoid (Post 30915844)
On internet archive page, looks like last time Emily was heard from was mid Jan 2019. Hope they were able to cash in while things were still good.

They sold out years ago. Just had to finish the earn-out period like Rick did.

gpapadop Mar 25, 2019 4:52 pm

We should have a contest what D and E will do next :)

josephstern Mar 25, 2019 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by gpapadop (Post 30929206)
We should have a contest what D and E will do next :)

My winning entry is: nothing any of us will ever hear or care about.

no1cub17 Apr 7, 2019 10:03 am

Still somewhat shocking to me how all that went down. I remember 5+ years ago when I first got into miles and points I sent MMS an email asking a few questions, and actually got a personal reply from Daraius! Hope he's doing well and figured his $hit out. I thought I saw someone mention that he was one of the people exposed in the Ashley Madison hack? Just goes to show that behind the facade of 5-star vacations to Maldives and Bora Bora, that none of it buys true happiness.

Raffles Apr 7, 2019 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by no1cub17 (Post 30974685)
Still somewhat shocking to me how all that went down. I remember 5+ years ago when I first got into miles and points I sent MMS an email asking a few questions, and actually got a personal reply from Daraius! Hope he's doing well and figured his $hit out. I thought I saw someone mention that he was one of the people exposed in the Ashley Madison hack? Just goes to show that behind the facade of 5-star vacations to Maldives and Bora Bora, that none of it buys true happiness.

You remind me of the (probably true) story about 1960's British footballer George Best.

George Best recalled a story from after he retired from football and had got a reputation as a bit of bad boy. A bellboy walked in on him in his hotel room, where he was in bed with an ex-Miss World, with the floor covered in empty bottles of vintage champagne and the bed covered with £5,000 (probably £30,000 today) of bank notes they had won on a trip to the horse racing that day. "Where did it all go wrong, George?" said the bellboy sadly.

ctownflyer Apr 7, 2019 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 30975030)
You remind me of the (probably true) story about 1960's British footballer George Best.

George Best recalled a story from after he retired from football and had got a reputation as a bit of bad boy. A bellboy walked in on him in his hotel room, where he was in bed with an ex-Miss World, with the floor covered in empty bottles of vintage champagne and the bed covered with £5,000 (probably £30,000 today) of bank notes they had won on a trip to the horse racing that day. "Where did it all go wrong, George?" said the bellboy sadly.

Funny story and apropos here, but I wouldn't trade a happy marriage and family for all of BankRate's money and all of the Miss Worlds.

gpapadop Apr 7, 2019 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by no1cub17 (Post 30974685)
I remember 5+ years ago when I first got into miles and points I sent MMS an email asking a few questions, and actually got a personal reply from Daraius!

It is good business. You likely made him some money by getting some credit cards from his site. He thanks you...

For the record, Miss Worlds are not my type so I will pass.

I should start a thread "Guess which blog sells out to Red Ventures/Bankrate/TPG next!". The winner maybe will get an LH FCT duck...bound to become a collectors items after it will cost 2,135,000 in United miles to get there, sad!

Maybe I start another thread giving suggestions to bloggers how to: reinvent/transition/change careers because...a big shakeout is likely coming. Which was due and shocked (no video) that it has not happened yet.

I think across the pond they will be ok as they never got much of the credit card conversions drug like us here.

To get back on topic, Daraius will be back doing something, he is an entrepreneur at heart.

StartinSanDiego Apr 9, 2019 9:43 am

I'm fond of Daraius and wish him all the best. He helped me get started in this back in 2011/ 2012, when his blog had about 3000 subscribers.

Raffles Apr 9, 2019 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer (Post 30975069)
Funny story and apropos here, but I wouldn't trade a happy marriage and family for all of BankRate's money and all of the Miss Worlds.

Although, and Mr Bezos is just the latest in a long line, history shows that people who come into a large sum of money suddenly decide that their marriage is not so happy and that actually a woman 15-20 years younger would be a major improvement ......!