FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How is Darius formerly of mms these days?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:02 pm
Raffles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Still somewhat shocking to me how all that went down. I remember 5+ years ago when I first got into miles and points I sent MMS an email asking a few questions, and actually got a personal reply from Daraius! Hope he's doing well and figured his $hit out. I thought I saw someone mention that he was one of the people exposed in the Ashley Madison hack? Just goes to show that behind the facade of 5-star vacations to Maldives and Bora Bora, that none of it buys true happiness.
You remind me of the (probably true) story about 1960's British footballer George Best.

George Best recalled a story from after he retired from football and had got a reputation as a bit of bad boy. A bellboy walked in on him in his hotel room, where he was in bed with an ex-Miss World, with the floor covered in empty bottles of vintage champagne and the bed covered with £5,000 (probably £30,000 today) of bank notes they had won on a trip to the horse racing that day. "Where did it all go wrong, George?" said the bellboy sadly.