Reload this Page >

Frequent Traveler University (FTU) Events [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frequent Traveler University (FTU) Events [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I attended FTU last year but no email invitation, you must have some other VIP connection.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:51 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by satman40
I attended FTU last year but no email invitation, you must have some other VIP connection.
I may have signed an interest list for FTUA at that FTU. I don't think it's any VIP thing, or the email would have included my name!
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by satman40
Originally Posted by nsx
I may have signed an interest list for FTUA at that FTU. I don't think it's any VIP thing, or the email would have included my name!
Definitely not VIP, it should have gone out to all past attendees (a few more than once due to an Excel mix up by me). I'll take a look at the list to ensure we're got all the emails from past events.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nsx
I got an email invitation, presumably as a result of attending FTU last year.
Same here
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat...basically all the status you can get for free...
FTU Advanced Sept 26 - 2 tickets for sale

My last ticket is sold. Thanks, all!
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:54 pm

One ticket for sale: will cover transfer fee

Selling one ticket at face value. I'll cover transfer fee.
So bummed I can't go, but hopefully it's good news for someone else who wants to get in on the seminars.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:04 pm

FTU | Amsterdam (Nov 21-23, 2014)

Just a brief note to say that we've launched the first international FTU in Amsterdam. You can find more details at http://ftuniversity.com/events/ftu-amsterdam/

Key details:
- $199 per ticket
- 120 participants (due to space limitations)
- Park Inn by Radisson AMS Airport
- Ben Schlappig, Mike Schroeck and Randy Petersen are keynoting
- Sessions in both Dutch and English
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:06 am
Suspended

Why announce so late? I mean, most of us can't just go to AMS w/ 2 months notice. I don't even have a conventional job, and that's pushing it....

I'm not sure if you work for FTU, or in what capacity you're associated, but can you please answer:

1) Why at the airport?

and, more importantly

2) Is the discussion going to be the same as every other FTU?

From what I understand, it's all the same content, just at different locations...
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Why announce so late? I mean, most of us can't just go to AMS w/ 2 months notice. I don't even have a conventional job, and that's pushing it....

I'm not sure if you work for FTU, or in what capacity you're associated, but can you please answer:

1) Why at the airport?

and, more importantly

2) Is the discussion going to be the same as every other FTU?

From what I understand, it's all the same content, just at different locations...
I'm one of the FTU organizers and happy to answer most questions. Some quick answers for you:
- It was announced the day we finalized everything needed to launch. Sadly that was quite late for this one, but we're also not expecting many NA-based attendees and the short booking window will be less of an issue for EU-based attendees.
- Airport location was the most affordable option and transit in AMS is good enough that people can still get into town easily.
- The discussion will be quite different for this one due to audience. Programs discussed will mostly be EU based (LH, AF/KL, BA, etc...) and discussions on accruing mileage will also trend to those opportunities available to EU residents.
- However, your comment is reasonably accurate for other FTUs. While the speakers ensure they are using the most up-to-date information, and discuss changes to programs and rules, many of the topics will be the same from event to event as most people at the average FTU are first time attendees.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
FTU Advanced Chicago ticket for sale

Hi, I have one ticket for sale for next weekend in Chicago. PM me if interested. Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:53 am
Suspended

Thanks, rehoult.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:45 am

Programs: Arrival Points, M-Life, Hyatt, ULTIMATE REWARDS, AA, UAL, SOUTHWEST
I also have a ticket for sale. Wife still not interested. So much for enticing her with going to Europe on points...

PM me for ticket.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Interesting ! Ofcourse i will keep an open mind but i hope to keep a critical mindset just as TBB and not being swept away by the miasma of churn, milking and creditcard pumping. Besides all that, it will interesting to meet other Dutch enthousiasts though.

just registered for the main event only, if anyone wants to carpool from Rotterdam(area) let me know, that park inn hotel is a bit remotely located on a business park according to g-maps so public transport could be a hassle (especially in wet freezing november)

Last edited by HadesNL; Sep 23, 2014 at 3:12 pm
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CRUISINGFLYING4LIFE
I also have a ticket for sale. Wife still not interested. So much for enticing her with going to Europe on points...

PM me for ticket.
Just sold my ticket over on milepoint, just a FYI
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rehoult
Just a brief note to say that we've launched the first international FTU in Amsterdam.
So this board has now turned into a free advertising venue for your commercial endeavors?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.