Wiki Posts
Search

View from the Wing [VFTW] discussions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:25 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just got an email from Gary asking what I meant with far more disclosure.

VFTW: " I booked myself onto American’s inaugural Boeing 737 MAX 8 this morning from Miami to New York LaGuardia to see what it was like up close and personal. "
AM: " When I was offered the opportunity to be part of the inaugural I was undeniably very excited."

VFTW:" I did get to board the plane early to take photos. "
AM:" Before the boarding commenced, media representatives were given the opportunity to take a look inside the aircraft and take a few pictures."

With striking contrast I meant more details other than photos of seats and lavs. Hope this clarifies it
Didya ask him why he can't ask that question here since he read your post here?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Didya ask him why he can't ask that question here since he read your post here?
Because loyalty counts? Because FT/IB is “the competition”? Because if he posts on this thread, then he can put something on the spot in such a way as to bait an FT TOS violation? Because they have a personal relationship?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:06 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Because loyalty counts? Because FT/IB is “the competition”? Because if he posts on this thread, then he can put something on the spot in such a way as to bait an FT TOS violation? Because they have a personal relationship?
So many possibilities That's why I asked.

But always nice to be reminded that this forum is MUST reading for points, miles and credit card bloggers.

After all, how else would they get to read what the Thought Leader in Points and Miles Blogs, Seminars, Charters and Websites has to say!!?!?!?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
As the CSR becomes the card to push in 2018, VFTW is trying hard to eliminate one of its benefits:

Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: UA
Great, now another benefit will be discontinued soon.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As long as Gary gets sign-ups in the meantime, what's the problem?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
As long as Gary gets sign-ups in the meantime, what's the problem?
Are people still signing up for credit cards simply because a blogger says do it?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JetAway
Are people still signing up for credit cards simply because a blogger says do it?
Would Gary be in business otherwise?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
I'm really now expecting a post entitled, "The Sapphire Reserve--Does the Card Have Rounded Corners? And Seven Reason You Want That in a Credit Card."
84fiero likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
And Lucky will be right behind with his.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
I'm really now expecting a post entitled, "The Sapphire Reserve--Does the Card Have Rounded Corners? And Seven Reason You Want That in a Credit Card."
Yesterday we had: 9 benefits you didn't know you had with the CSR.... so you are pretty close
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Why am I not surprised that VFTW is one of the blogs trying to pump the pathetic new Barclay Arrival Premier like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread? Contrast to Rapid Travel Chai and even some other BA blogs that are more honest about calling it what it is.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"3x everywhere" seems to be the chant out there.

What a crock.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by josephstern
"3x everywhere" seems to be the chant out there.

What a crock.
Interesting to see people shouting "Deceptive marketing" at Chase for the IHG card changes but not at the Barclay blog posts...
84fiero and Scottrick like this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Interesting to see people shouting "Deceptive marketing" at Chase for the IHG card changes but not at the Barclay blog posts...
Yeah, interesting approach as a business model by Barclay, and I'm sure other CC companies will be watching with interest to see if they can ramp down their initial offer bonuses, but there is no blogger who should be pushing this card--unless, of course, the referral bonus or the affiliate fee far outstrips your credibility--duh! For the consumer, you go from getting a 25-100K signup bonus for spend for an annual fee, even if charged in the first year. Then you can decide whether the card itself is worth paying the annual fee after that. I've done that with a number of cards, including those that waive baggage fees or that provide some other discount, such as the Chase BA card that gives me 10% off on each flight I book. That's not valuable to everyone, but it's valuable to me. And I don't have to spend a single additional dollar on the card to get that benefit.

With this card, I've got to spend tens of thousands of dollars to get the additional spend bonus, and it appears that the sweet spot would be with Japan Airlines. That's a lot for $150 per year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.