View from the Wing [VFTW] discussions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

View from the Wing [VFTW] discussions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by kokonutz
United called the cops, right? Because they couldn't figure out what to do to entice 4 paying customers to get off the plane.

That's the biggest customer service fail I can think of an airline doing. Calling the COPS because they can't do their job. Excusing UA here or shifting blame to the cops is the ultimate shill move. It appears UA's media crisis management team has forced UA to abandon that tack.
It's amazing how many people miss this point, including the so-called 'thought leader'
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:43 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
It's amazing how many people miss this point, including the so-called 'thought leader'
Well if you check out my sig line, you'll see that *a* self-declared 'thought leader' *did* see that point.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The VFTW in its typical ideological approach has tried to convince the audience that this UA incident shouldn't be taken as a sign of a need for additional regulation of how airlines treat passengers.

I guess we'll find out if he has been chastened to be a consumer advocate or continues to shill for his corporate/think tank overlords.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:01 am

Saw this guy on Fox. Unclear mumbling about nothing.
He really gives a bad impression, the silly "I'm amazing" smile doesn't help...
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Saw this guy on Fox. Unclear mumbling about nothing.
He really gives a bad impression, the silly "I'm amazing" smile doesn't help...
As I see it, he's a very nice guy, rather well-informed about the industry, and does make a generally good impression in person and on his blog; but this opinion of mine won't start or stop me from agreeing or disagreeing with positions taken up by him or anyone else.

I'll have to check out the Fox appearance to see if I have the same opinion about what went on there.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:51 pm

I don't watch much FNC so I swung by VFTW to see if he posted a video of his interview. I don't see that (which may or may not be indicative of how it went...), but I DO see that Gary has posted ANOTHER revised opinion about the incident today. This time apportioning more blame to United (finally) for not doing their job of customer service, but still assigning some blame the victim (while stating, 'it's not blaming the victim to blame the victim.')

There was also a post the other day about a death threat he got for shilling for United on this topic ("If that's what you think, you should go hang yourself" - not a death thread precisely, but certainly an appeal for suicide).

What this tells me is that by shilling for United Gary has made a ton of controversy which = clicks which = $$$$$. And so he's playing this thing out for every drop of controversy he can manage.

A very interesting and somewhat depressing demonstration of the modern points and miles blogger business model.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by kokonutz
What this tells me is that by shilling for United Gary has made a ton of controversy which = clicks which = $$$$$. And so he's playing this thing out for every drop of controversy he can manage.
A very interesting and somewhat depressing demonstration of the modern points and miles blogger business model.
Exactly. I think he is nearing 20 blog posts on the incident by now.
This thing is nearing cat video status appeal...
Something is wrong with the way this internet thingie is going...whole lot of fake news and click baiting going on.
I feel better now. Ok, one more...
...!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Exactly. I think he is nearing 20 blog posts on the incident by now.
This thing is nearing cat video status appeal...
Something is wrong with the way this internet thingie is going...whole lot of fake news and click baiting going on.
I feel better now. Ok, one more...
...!
As well as a USA Today 'opposing view.'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...iew/100549100/
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. He is a man of publicity, not a man of integrity.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:51 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by josephstern
Wow. He is a man of publicity, not a man of integrity.
"Better to be hated than ignored" on the internet means money for somebody.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
It's gotten to the point where it's rather pitiful. It's like a little toddler who keeps annoying everyone with his obsession over some catch phrase or playing with the same a loud, noisy toy 24/7.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 84fiero
It's gotten to the point where it's rather pitiful. It's like a little toddler who keeps annoying everyone with his obsession over some catch phrase or playing with the same a loud, noisy toy 24/7.
24/7 or 5/24 ?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Any bets on how many posts VFTW will milk out of the AA Fight Club video/incident? I'm thinking at least as many as the UA incident since GTL has traditionally been quite the AA fan.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Hey, wait a second! He's also recently written some worthless credit card shill posts, so he's not completely one-note!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Adam1222 tried to explain some. many on FT ignore aspects regarding federal laws and federal/state/local law enforcement. at least outside the TSS forum that is.

many in general ignore laws, and do not address changing laws. when laws are a problem, they need to be changed. when law enforcement policies are a problem, they need to be changed. laws and law enforcement policies can connect to business practices.

on the other hand, businesses can also make choices regarding how they handle laws etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.