Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by farbster
We stayed at the Legian in Seminyak and did go to check out the Sunday Brunch at the W. I would say it was quite the scene. Reminded me of a Las Vegas pool party thrown by the Kardashians. It was something to experience!
Originally Posted by LeaveYourDailyHell
It's a shame Seminyak is such a [..] otherwise.
Otherwise?

A Las Vegas / Kardashian pool party, to me, would be the very definition of a [...].

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 5, 2017 at 2:26 am
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:53 pm

Did anyone else see the Instagram stories from the Residence he saved and put on Youtube? I used to love Lucky, but hearing him say, on camera, something along the lines of "I'm so drunk"—and then posting the video after the fact!—makes me question his judgement even more.

On a side note, looks like its Amex season on OMAAT again...
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Punekar
Did anyone else see the Instagram stories from the Residence he saved and put on Youtube? I used to love Lucky, but hearing him say, on camera, something along the lines of "I'm so drunk"—and then posting the video after the fact!—makes me question his judgement even more.

On a side note, looks like its Amex season on OMAAT again...
I'm amazed that he posted them to Youtube. I figured he would have had enough sense and/or shame to try and pretend those videos never happened. Bad enough to think, while drunk, "Hey this would be cool to video record for everyone to see!"...but to still consider it a good idea for his reputation and "brand" after sobering up? Bad judgment and immaturity.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by 84fiero
I'm amazed that he posted them to Youtube. I figured he would have had enough sense and/or shame to try and pretend those videos never happened. Bad enough to think, while drunk, "Hey this would be cool to video record for everyone to see!"...but to still consider it a good idea for his reputation and "brand" after sobering up? Bad judgment and immaturity.
His "brand" has devolved into something written by a self entitled, self centered, clueless and tone deaf poseur. i use to like his blog but that stopped about 4-5 years ago. If he actually said that he was "so drunk" that's pretty shameful. Based on his other shameful observations it sort of fits in with his "brand".
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:18 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I got a few chuckles:

I really hate to sound catty, and I know no one looks their best on a plane and maybe I havent seen a candid photo of him in a while...but Ben looks old in that video. Like a man in his 40s.

Isn't he in his late 20s?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by kokonutz
I got a few chuckles:

Etihad A380 Residence - YouTube

I really hate to sound catty, and I know no one looks their best on a plane and maybe I havent seen a candid photo of him in a while...but Ben looks old in that video. Like a man in his 40s.

See post #3249 . Ben is 27 but looks way older and acts way younger. Both evidenced in his YouTube posts.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
"Omg obsessed with Turkmenistan Airlines. Isn't it crazy that they don't have a lot of pics of their business class? Can't wait to visit! Who cares that it is one of the world's most notorious authoritarian dictatorships with a ban on travel by its citizens, ban on all political dissent, and obviously a ban on homosexuality. But flying it's planes will be so much fun. They should just really invest more in making it easier for manchild bloggers to buy business class tickets."
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Adam1222
"Omg obsessed with Turkmenistan Airlines. Isn't it crazy that they don't have a lot of pics of their business class? Can't wait to visit! Who cares that it is one of the world's most notorious authoritarian dictatorships with a ban on travel by its citizens, ban on all political dissent, and obviously a ban on homosexuality. But flying it's planes will be so much fun. They should just really invest more in making it easier for manchild bloggers to buy business class tickets."
And OMG!!! There are Hyatts!!!!

Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
You had me at "notorious authoritarian dictatorship"! But this just sealed the deal:

Originally Posted by rankourabu
And OMG!!! There are Hyatts!!!!

Seriously though I really don't get how he can be so out of touch with reality. At least if he were to discuss some of the ancillary factors surrounding the less than ideal (to put it nicely) destinations and/or airlines, but go on to explain why he still feels it's important to do a particular trip/review, it would show some thought, maturity and awareness of the real world, even if one disagreed with his conclusion.

But as it is, his seemingly oblivious obsession with touching on every single premium cabin possible - all other considerations aside - just comes off as prideful, weird and a bit childish. I kind of have to take his opinions about the services and places he reviews with a grain of salt when he appears so out of it like that. Maybe it's all these years of being so insulated in his sterile, miles & points, quasi-luxury world 24/7.

I could sort of overlook this sort of mindset in a teenager like that Points from the Pacific kid, but for a guy closing in on 30?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: AA EP
He really has aged allot in the last 2 years or so. Air travel can really take it out of you.

[redacted]

I got a few chuckles:

Etihad A380 Residence - YouTube

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 5, 2017 at 2:22 am
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
I havent seen a candid photo of him in a while...but Ben looks old in that video. Like a man in his 40s.

Wow, you're right! I hadn't noticed either. Saw him at an event in ORD a few years ago and he's definitely looking significantly older.

That'll happen when you don't take care of yourself. An inconsistent sleep schedule and excessive alcohol consumption will definitely do that to a person.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: *G, oneworld Sapphire
Is it possible he's lying about his age? I just now saw the video, and I literally can't believe the person I saw is under 40.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by LeaveYourDailyHell
Is it possible he's lying about his age? I just now saw the video, and I literally can't believe the person I saw is under 40.
Scary but true! He started out on FT as a teen and was pretty well known around these parts in the blog's early days (well, even before the blog), so his age is really what he says it is.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:05 pm

I think that he has crossed the line from a passion about flying premium cabins to an obsession about it. He seems almost addicted.

On another note it does seem like Ford loses his patience with all this travel. I wonder if he'll put his foot down and try to limit Ben's travel after they get married.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cruisr
I think that he has crossed the line from a passion about flying premium cabins to an obsession about it. He seems almost addicted.

On another note it does seem like Ford loses his patience with all this travel. I wonder if he'll put his foot down and try to limit Ben's travel after they get married.
Talk about "obsession".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.