FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:43 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Adam1222
"Omg obsessed with Turkmenistan Airlines. Isn't it crazy that they don't have a lot of pics of their business class? Can't wait to visit! Who cares that it is one of the world's most notorious authoritarian dictatorships with a ban on travel by its citizens, ban on all political dissent, and obviously a ban on homosexuality. But flying it's planes will be so much fun. They should just really invest more in making it easier for manchild bloggers to buy business class tickets."
You had me at "notorious authoritarian dictatorship"! But this just sealed the deal:

Originally Posted by rankourabu
And OMG!!! There are Hyatts!!!!

Seriously though I really don't get how he can be so out of touch with reality. At least if he were to discuss some of the ancillary factors surrounding the less than ideal (to put it nicely) destinations and/or airlines, but go on to explain why he still feels it's important to do a particular trip/review, it would show some thought, maturity and awareness of the real world, even if one disagreed with his conclusion.

But as it is, his seemingly oblivious obsession with touching on every single premium cabin possible - all other considerations aside - just comes off as prideful, weird and a bit childish. I kind of have to take his opinions about the services and places he reviews with a grain of salt when he appears so out of it like that. Maybe it's all these years of being so insulated in his sterile, miles & points, quasi-luxury world 24/7.

I could sort of overlook this sort of mindset in a teenager like that Points from the Pacific kid, but for a guy closing in on 30?