Who is writing at Million Mile Secrets? [merged MMS discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is writing at Million Mile Secrets? [merged MMS discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: Many
Actually it's entirely possible that Daraius did the research, then hired Drew to put it all together and write it all up with all the graphics, screenshots, etc. I don't think it's then misleading to cite it as a Million Mile Secrets project.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:29 pm

And ... nobody cares, LOL
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by srdshelly
Actually it's entirely possible that Daraius did the research, then hired Drew to put it all together and write it all up with all the graphics, screenshots, etc. I don't think it's then misleading to cite it as a Million Mile Secrets project.
Occam's Razor (and simply logic re: outsourcing) would suggest that's not what happened.

Originally Posted by yerffej201
And ... nobody cares, LOL
So true. While "nobody" might be a bit strong, it's amazing how comments have dropped so precipitously since he instituted his new censorship policy. I guess just a "few" cares about his blog/content. (And incredibly, nearly every comment is now about how great the blog is! I guess the family/friends comments still get through ).
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:36 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by hotelmotel

So true. While "nobody" might be a bit strong, it's amazing how comments have dropped so precipitously since he instituted his new censorship policy. I guess just a "few" cares about his blog/content. (And incredibly, nearly every comment is now about how great the blog is! I guess the family/friends comments still get through ).
That's the nature of censorship/propaganda, innit?!

2+2=5. Up is down. Wet is dry. No dissent allowed!!!!

Anyone who reads this forum knows the truth. ^
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:35 am

Last edited by yerffej201; Mar 16, 2014 at 11:56 pm
Old Jun 13, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by kokonutz
That's the nature of censorship/propaganda, innit?!

2+2=5. Up is down. Wet is dry. No dissent allowed!!!!

Anyone who reads this forum knows the truth. ^
wait a minute you are trying to tell me I am free from censorship here?

OK GREAT. That's awesome news. Now tell us why JonNYC is banned?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
wait a minute you are trying to tell me I am free from censorship here?

OK GREAT. That's awesome news. Now tell us why JonNYC is banned?
You are not free from censorship here. However, you are (relatively) free from censorship of facts, data and information.

I don't know why JonNYC or Punki or any of those posters who are 'banned for life' are banned for life.

But I do know it was not for pointing out that someone is posting deals that are not the best deals, or because of pointing out that a poster is taking credit for the work of another person. @:-)

As I said in another thread, I have had my fair share of run-ins with FT moderators. But under current management, I find that when mods get out of line the Community Director is not shy about smacking them down. That is significantly different from former management where the motto was 'moderators can do no wrong.'
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by kokonutz
You are not free from censorship here. However, you are (relatively) free from censorship of facts, data and information.

I don't know why JonNYC or Punki or any of those posters who are 'banned for life' are banned for life.

But I do know it was not for pointing out that someone is posting deals that are not the best deals, or because of pointing out that a poster is taking credit for the work of another person. @:-)

As I said in another thread, I have had my fair share of run-ins with FT moderators. But under current management, I find that when mods get out of line the Community Director is not shy about smacking them down. That is significantly different from former management where the motto was 'moderators can do no wrong.'

ah so now we have a good censorship / bad censorship case for FT... yeah you can buy that one if you want. I can sell you a bridge in Brooklyn to go with it.

Of course we can't even have the debate here, because I cannot critique the FT moderation. All I can do is critique the blogs. So I don't think it's a particularly fair argument to get into here.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:52 am

Anyone seeing MMS' template post?

Maybe no one else finds this interesting, but the accidental template blog post was the best MMS article i've ever read. Now I know exactly why I have always felt that the writing there seemed so canned.

Here it is:
http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/0...49-template-5/
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The original is now purged, but you can see it in Google's web cache:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=de

A screenshot:
http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/810/7389954970.jpg
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
That's funny!

I remember once someone posted a customer service response from UA, I think, where they hadn't replaced any of the template with actual info relevant to the customer's complaint.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:40 am

Fascinating. Thanks for sharing!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:56 am

That reminds me, I need to write up some template posts.

Just kidding. My low quality stuff is individually unique.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks for posting.

a little excessive.

not really surprising, for some of the blogs.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 29, 2014 at 12:51 pm
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
That reminds me, I need to write up some template posts.

Lol, it reminds me of a Mad Libs game.

"You can fly from (location) to (location) with your mother in law using the companion pass to get 2 for 1 tickets!!!!!! Here's a pic of our companion pass!!!!! With this sale that ends (date) you'd save an additional (math)!!!!!!!!!!!!!x1,000"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.