Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Which miles and points blogs censor comments?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Beltway2A
First attempt at a wiki, so feel free to wiki away at it (add blogs, add links, etc, etc):

Censors:
Delta Points (Renés Points)
Frugal Travel Guy
Milesabound - censors himself on rants
milesforfamily
MileValue
Million Mile Secrets
Very Good Points
Point Me To The Plane
Flyertalk
Travel Blogger Buzz - (proof is TBBs own words here)
TravelSkills
The Points Guy
The Points of Life
GodSaveThePoints
One Mile at a Time

Does Not Censor:
First2Board
Fishing4Deals
Food, Wine, and Miles
Hack My Trip
Head for Points
Miles From Blighty
Miles To The Wild
Points Summary
The Points Jock - Bill of Rights +1
ThreadTripping
Traveling Well For Less
Wald Around The World
Will Run For Miles
Doctor of Credit
View From the Wing

Print Wikipost

Which miles and points blogs censor comments?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:26 pm

Has BA banned you from commenting?

Just noticed that any time I leave a comment it no longer goes through. I don't believe I've ever left any type of inappropriate or mean spirited comments. I don't actually comment very often, but do jump in on a conversation from time to time. I have been know to leave feedback if a blogger is using click-bait, copy and pasted a Yahoo Travel article, etc... I did leave a comment once about the OMAAT UA ban. I'm guessing that is what did it?

Anyone else banned? What made them do it?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There is no such thing as Boarding Area banning someone from commenting. Each blogger manages that individually.

Some of the bloggers have blocked me, usually for calling out unironic hypocrisy.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by sbm12
There is no such thing as Boarding Area banning someone from commenting. Each blogger manages that individually.

Some of the bloggers have blocked me, usually for calling out unironic hypocrisy.
And good for you for doing that. ^
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:31 pm

My Comments Never Seem to Post Either

I have had the same problem when I have tried to post value-added comments.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by restonva
I have had the same problem when I have tried to post value-added comments.
Instead of ThreadTripping, maybe they should have a blog that posts the most "value-added" comments.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:03 pm

The Points Guy deleted some comment that suggested people follow TheFlightDeal instead of the points guy if they wanted to find fare deals.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by sbm12

That is my experience as well. Delta Points has blocked me from commenting after my attempt to correct his misinformation.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:52 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
That is my experience as well. Delta Points has blocked me from commenting after my attempt to correct his misinformation.
How do they block you?

Can't you just enter a different name/email address?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by kokonutz
How do they block you?

Can't you just enter a different name/email address?
DP may have one of the more confusing and disorganized layouts, but they sure have IP blocking down I get most of my DP updates from DL execs so it's not worth my time to fake or proxy IP.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Censor? What censor?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
DP may have one of the more confusing and disorganized layouts, but they sure have IP blocking down I get most of my DP updates from DL execs so it's not worth my time to fake or proxy IP.
I Doubt DP has anything to do with it (the IP blocking being good that is, he definitely censors), the in built Akismet filters do a great job after you mark one comment as spam.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
I Doubt DP has anything to do with it (the IP blocking being good that is, he definitely censors), the in built Akismet filters do a great job after you mark one comment as spam.
Akismet won't default block IPs. There are several other plugins which are very good at that, but Akismet isn't one.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by milesforfamily
@ Retailshark I actually haven't had to censor yet, but I will, if I have to. Like I said: profanity, attack on my personal appearance, misogyny comments and so forth will not be tolerated. But I don't plan to censor constructive criticism of my blog or writing style. I think it's a fine line and very much in the eye of the beholder. What may not seem offensive to you, might seem inappropriate to the blogger. But as someone, who got censored in the blog comments section (not for profanity,lol), I understand, why its upsetting to you.
milesforfamily gave up blogging last week...http://milesforfamily.com/2015/04/14...oints-blogger/
Old Apr 19, 2015, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
milesforfamily gave up blogging last week...http://milesforfamily.com/2015/04/14...oints-blogger/
One down, one thousand more to go...
Old Feb 21, 2016, 8:45 pm
jmw

Any updates?

I know of one update on the censor list (I don't care about the other list since it's subject to change) not listed already, but I'd be more comfortable doing it on a throwaway account, which is not supported in the wiki. This is one of the few cases where throwaways should be allowed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.