Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Which miles and points blogs censor comments?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Beltway2A
First attempt at a wiki, so feel free to wiki away at it (add blogs, add links, etc, etc):

Censors:
Delta Points (Renés Points)
Frugal Travel Guy
Milesabound - censors himself on rants
milesforfamily
MileValue
Million Mile Secrets
Very Good Points
Point Me To The Plane
Flyertalk
Travel Blogger Buzz - (proof is TBBs own words here)
TravelSkills
The Points Guy
The Points of Life
GodSaveThePoints
One Mile at a Time

Does Not Censor:
First2Board
Fishing4Deals
Food, Wine, and Miles
Hack My Trip
Head for Points
Miles From Blighty
Miles To The Wild
Points Summary
The Points Jock - Bill of Rights +1
ThreadTripping
Traveling Well For Less
Wald Around The World
Will Run For Miles
Doctor of Credit
View From the Wing

Print Wikipost

Which miles and points blogs censor comments?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by jmw
Any updates?

I know of one update on the censor list (I don't care about the other list since it's subject to change) not listed already, but I'd be more comfortable doing it on a throwaway account, which is not supported in the wiki. This is one of the few cases where throwaways should be allowed.
does anybody care?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
#FAKENEWS

Originally Posted by gpapadop
For the dear moderator: To keep this relevant, TBB does not censor.
Well now this is #FAKENEWS now as TBB is both censoring and blocking folks.

PS - Click his CC links as well...
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Wow, talk about an obsession with my blog hey?

We all evolve. Two commenters were censored after finally going over my (very high) threshold of tolerance. It was them attacking each other viciously and my readers just don't need this crap and asked me to do it. And I did not do it proudly.

Every time someone clicks on my links, this guy is hurting...and that is good for humanity!

Still waiting for the lawsuits you threatened me with #yawn
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Renes Points

kinda weird bumping this thread that hasn't had a post in over a year.... and kinda creepily obsessive quoting a post MUCH older then that, but I'm sure George is probably thankfully that you read his blog ever day!! ^
Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:42 am

Well if we're bumping this.... OMAAT just started censoring people. I can't update the wiki though
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:46 am

Can we be more clear about what is meant by "censorship"? Deleting comments from flamers and trolls is not the same as deleting comments just because you don't want to hear them.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:48 am

"You are blocked from following @RenesPoints and viewing @RenesPoints's Tweets."

People living in block houses shouldn't throw stones...
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:08 am

Shameful attack to one of the few blogs who tells it like it is. I'm sure you were waiting for George to delete some serious inflammatory post, just to come here and post this. Utterly Embarrassing, especially checking from whom this attack is coming from.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by ElDie
Shameful attack to one of the few blogs who tells it like it is. I'm sure you were waiting for George to delete some serious inflammatory post, just to come here and post this. Utterly Embarrassing, especially checking from whom this attack is coming from.
FYI a reader alerted me that TBB stated he is now censoring. Sure enough, after a rare pop over to his "blog" he admitted it.

I have had a consistent and published statement about censoring attacks on me or other readers. It has never changed.

TBB said he would not and does not censor (clearly untrue). He has for a long time censored but never publicly confirmed it. Now he has. Worth and update IMO when the truth comes out.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:30 am

FYI a reader alerted me that TBB stated he is now censoring. Sure enough, after a rare pop over to his "blog" he admitted it.

I have had a consistent and published statement about censoring attacks on me or other readers. It has never changed.

TBB said he would not and does not censor (clearly untrue). He has for a long time censored but never publicly confirmed it. Now he has. Worth and update IMO when the truth comes out.
A "rare pop over", he claimed...
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
"He has for a long time censored but never publicly confirmed it."

I should probably threaten a libel lawsuit for that but I have better things to do with my time...

Amazing
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by PFDigest
Can we be more clear about what is meant by "censorship"? Deleting comments from flamers and trolls is not the same as deleting comments just because you don't want to hear them.
And comments that mention better offers than the blog's affiliate links or point out incorrect or misleading information on a blog post. That's the type of "censoring" I thought was mainly of concern here.

I don't think anyone has an issue with deleting profanity, vulgarity, gratuitous personal attacks and stuff like that.

You left out that your blog's censoring has also included deleting comments with information about links with better offers than your affiliate links and which called out incorrect or misleading information. Has that changed now?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by PFDigest
Is the following censorship: blogger removal of a blog article with already published, on-topic public comments from blog visitors? Then VFTW is to be included in that category of censoring, whatever the excuse may be for pulling a blog article.
84fiero likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ideal is to edit, correct, retract ; but shadow editing and removal have become industry standard in US media (including NYT, WaPo, etc)
84fiero likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:15 am
MKB

Head for Points seems to have deleted some posts following their puff-piece today extolling the virtues of a trip to Tel Aviv with Virgin. A comment from a staff member reminds people that their forum is not the place for political commentary, yet no political comments appear. Some people might regard the publication of their original article as quite political of itself. I said as much in response to the staff member, and had my post deleted.

This seems to be at odds with the claim from HfP earlier in this thread that they don't censor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.