Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:05 pm

Angry No availability for IML members?

I have been trying to book an award ticket for 2 passengers on Oct 2, 2019 BR192 TSA-HND. There are award availabilities through a few *A programs (e.g., United, AC Aeroplan and Lifemiles). Lifemiles is even indicating there are 5 seats left on this flight.

However, when I tried to book this flight through IML, there were no seats available and both passengers were waitlisted. I called BR and they confirmed there are no seats available on this flight through IML.

Is it normal for BR to release less seats to IML members, but make them available to other *A programs?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by shihhsien
I have been trying to book an award ticket for 2 passengers on Oct 2, 2019 BR192 TSA-HND. There are award availabilities through a few *A programs (e.g., United, AC Aeroplan and Lifemiles). Lifemiles is even indicating there are 5 seats left on this flight.

However, when I tried to book this flight through IML, there were no seats available and both passengers were waitlisted. I called BR and they confirmed there are no seats available on this flight through IML.

Is it normal for BR to release less seats to IML members, but make them available to other *A programs?
The other carriers are probably showing phantom space. If BR reservations confirms no seats, no *A program is going to be able to ticket a seat.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: MR Platinum
Last week, I was able to book a last minute (25 hours before departure) Royal Laurel ticket SFO-TPE on United.com. United.com showed saver award available, I booked it and paid the 80.60 fee. About an hour later I was able to view my reservation on united.com and see BR reservation number, which I used at evaair.com to select my seat and ordered my meal. There were probably 10+ empty Royal Laurel seat on that flight.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:55 am

Flying out in 3 days but still on waitlist (have back up, longer flight on another airline) TPE-Ord. Expertflyer still shows a lot of seats available on the seatmap. Was hoping it’d clear at T-4 but no luck. Any ideas on anything I can do?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Brooke123
Flying out in 3 days but still on waitlist (have back up, longer flight on another airline) TPE-ORD. Expertflyer still shows a lot of seats available on the seatmap. Was hoping it’d clear at T-4 but no luck. Any ideas on anything I can do?
I don't see any open award space for SAUA from 1/8 to 1/11.

Just because BR has empty space doesn't mean it will allocate to partner.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Brooke123
Flying out in 3 days but still on waitlist (have back up, longer flight on another airline) TPE-Ord. Expertflyer still shows a lot of seats available on the seatmap. Was hoping it’d clear at T-4 but no luck. Any ideas on anything I can do?
By the way- i do see an interesting route on 1/11. Take BR65 via vienna and connect to OS65.

Its a long way around. But it will be a fun flight.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:39 pm

Thanks for that I’ll look. Though I’m on waitlist with BRs program, so I don’t need parter availability. Seems strange not to have let me off the waiting list when 2/3 of the biz class cabin looks empty!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: VA Gold, IML Gold (*G), Accor Gold
On 5 March, when reduced miles kicked in for our TPE-BNE flight later this month, my travel agent lodged an upgrade request for me and my partner to Premium Laurel from B Class economy ticket. One request cleared immediately and the other was waitlisted. Within 24 hours the waitlisted upgrade cleared and we are both in PL on way home. When I lodged I saw that they still had saver business fares available as well as quite a few higher category business fares.

As this is an overnight flight I’m glad that we can both have PL seats. Not sure how things would have gone if one of us was in PL and the other in economy ...

Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I am in Silver on BR and now have enough to upgrade from Premium to Business class. Should I do it or keep it to get to Gold sooner?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by dav662
I am in Silver on BR and now have enough to upgrade from Premium to Business class. Should I do it or keep it to get to Gold sooner?
Why would spending miles to upgrade a flight have anything to do with qualifying for Gold status?

DAK
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by dav662
There's no correlation. Regardless of whether you use your miles or not, you will be upgraded to gold as long as you meet the requirements.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
If I have a request for an upgrade (via miles or certificate) but would have been upgraded anyways due to overbooking or IDs, do they still deduct the miles/certificate? I’m assuming yes, so I should cancel my request if I’m that confident.

That said, if I do that, will they remark that I don’t want to be upgraded and just keep me in my original seat?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by BlackHappy
If I have a request for an upgrade (via miles or certificate) but would have been upgraded anyways due to overbooking or IDs, do they still deduct the miles/certificate? I’m assuming yes, so I should cancel my request if I’m that confident.

That said, if I do that, will they remark that I don’t want to be upgraded and just keep me in my original seat?
Take your request out...it won't be noted. Op-up will be free if you DON"T have any upgrade requests pending. If you don't get the op-up, you can always ask at check-in to upgrade using miles/cert.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Take your request out...it won't be noted. Op-up will be free if you DON"T have any upgrade requests pending. If you don't get the op-up, you can always ask at check-in to upgrade using miles/cert.
Thanks--my thinking as well. Currently, RL has 4 unsold, PE 4 unsold, and 8 IDs waiting. More importantly, it doesn't really matter to me whether or not I'm in RL on this segment.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: MR Platinum
Encountered an unexpected problem earlier this month. I bought B-fare economy class to be able to upgrade and was able to upgrade outbound (SFO-TPE). However, on the return flight (TPE-SFO), despite having award inventory, the Star Alliance upgrade didn't work. I received the upgrade confirmation email from United but it had no passenger name nor certificate number. Wondering if anyone has encountered this before. If this is a feature as opposed to a bug, then I would have to choose which flight to upgrade.

The price difference for B-fare versus lower fare class was small enough this time, I was OK with it even if no upgrades cleared, so having one leg clear was nice. 100% RDM and EQM versus 50% was worth the ~$150 (2.5 cpm) fare difference to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.