Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2021, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hello Kincsi, we're sorry you weren't able to reach out to us. The waiting period is a little longer than usual due to the high volume of requests received. Please send us more details via private message and we'll be happy to look into this for you. Thank you. *Yaz
Hello Yaz,
Thanks for your reply. I wrote on messenger, I'm waiting, or can you give me other contact information (maybe email)?!
Thank you
Old Nov 22, 2021, 12:05 pm

Hello there, please send us more details via our social media channels and we'll gladly look into this for you. Thank you. *Yaz
Yaz, you are sending me round in a circle.

I contacted via Twitter first. I received reply from Bruno.

Bruno passed me to the Loyalty Team.

The Loyalty Team said wait up to 6 weeks, but the Terms and Conditions said the points should post within 10 business days from the end of the promotion, which ended on 31 October.

It's been over 3 weeks, it's no longer in my Marriott account, it's not in my Etihad account and I am therefore unable to use it for a flight upgrade for my son in December.

The transfer is outside the stated time period within the Terms. Can this be looked into?

Last edited by manutd123; Nov 22, 2021 at 4:56 pm
Old Nov 23, 2021, 12:37 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi Kincsi, please send us your handle on Facebook via private message so we can look into it and assist you. Thanks. *Vio
Old Nov 23, 2021, 12:42 am

Hi there, please send us your Etihad Guest number and email address via DM on any of our Social Media channels so we can clarify this with the team for you. Thanks. *Vio
Old Nov 23, 2021, 3:56 am

Hi there, please send us your Etihad Guest number and email address via DM on any of our Social Media channels so we can clarify this with the team for you. Thanks. *Vio
I've already done this first Vio

Social Media said wait 6 weeks, but the Terms and Conditions of the promotion says it will be credit by 10 business days.

Social Media has given the wrong response and is in breach of the Terms.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by manutd123

Social Media said wait 6 weeks, but the Terms and Conditions of the promotion says it will be credit by 10 business days.

Hello?
Old Nov 25, 2021, 3:57 am

Is anyone here?
Old Nov 25, 2021, 4:17 am

Is anyone here?
Hello there, please join us via DM so that we can look into this for you. Thank you. *Yaz
Old Nov 25, 2021, 4:12 pm

I recently bought an Economy ticket from Sydney to Manchester, i had 240,000 points on my credit card so transferred them over to Etihad to upgrade this flight. I went on my booking and clicked on the upgrade option, it told me the amount of miles needed, i then proceeded to get the upgrade, selected seat etc. the points have been taken out of my Guest account but my ticket was never upgraded.

I spent hours each day on hold to them, when i finally got through to someone they just told me to send an email, its been 5 days since i sent the email and still no response, i don't even know what to do at this point, they have wiped out my points and not upgraded me, feel like i've been robbed. Some of the worst customer service i have ever experienced! I have now potentially wasted 1000's of dollars worth of points i could have used elsewhere as i get the feeling i wont be upgrading anymore and i cannot transfer the points back to my credit card.

Is there any way this can be resolved before my flight next week? I have already been through twitter etc. they are no help at all.

Cheers
Old Nov 26, 2021, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by BMC13
I recently bought an Economy ticket from Sydney to Manchester, i had 240,000 points on my credit card so transferred them over to Etihad to upgrade this flight. I went on my booking and clicked on the upgrade option, it told me the amount of miles needed, i then proceeded to get the upgrade, selected seat etc. the points have been taken out of my Guest account but my ticket was never upgraded.

I spent hours each day on hold to them, when i finally got through to someone they just told me to send an email, its been 5 days since i sent the email and still no response, i don't even know what to do at this point, they have wiped out my points and not upgraded me, feel like i've been robbed. Some of the worst customer service i have ever experienced! I have now potentially wasted 1000's of dollars worth of points i could have used elsewhere as i get the feeling i wont be upgrading anymore and i cannot transfer the points back to my credit card.

Is there any way this can be resolved before my flight next week? I have already been through twitter etc. they are no help at all.

Cheers
This doesn't sound ideal. Please pm us your booking reference, and we'll do our best to help. Thank you. *Ari
Old Nov 29, 2021, 2:40 am

Hello there, please join us via DM so that we can look into this for you. Thank you. *Yaz
I have messaged you via DM last week and still waiting for a response.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 12:02 am

I have messaged you via DM last week and still waiting for a response.
Hi there, please be assured that your miles are being looked into, and we've also asked for additional document in DM, please have a look. Thank you. *Ari
Old Nov 30, 2021, 10:02 am

Hi there, please be assured that your miles are being looked into, and we've also asked for additional document in DM, please have a look. Thank you. *Ari
Ari, you will see that this matter has been ongoing over a month now, and generally well over 8 days on this chat, and we do not appear to be any further forward. You have asked for statements via DM, but then provided no reasonable method to send this information.

I am really concerned about this ongoing delay, it really should have been resolved by now and I am desperate to use my miles for my son's upgrade on an upcoming flight. Please can you take a more proactive approach, I appreciate your help, but in over a week here, we are not making progress. You did say I would have this resolved by Sunday and now suddenly asking for other things, perhaps if these were asked a week ago, there would be resolution.

Last edited by manutd123; Nov 30, 2021 at 10:15 am
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:11 pm

I feel very disappointed to message on here again, but think it's also very important for others to see how matters are dealt with by Etihad. I first messaged on here on 21 November and it's clear very little progress has been made. I've had no response to my last message either on here or via DM a couple of days ago.
Etihad remain in breach in respect of the Terms which promised I should have my points transferred by early November.
I am no better off and in no position to use my own miles to book my son's upgrade.
There is no one on the end of the phone.
There is no one via email.
There is no one via social media.
There is no one on here.
It's a terrible experience....
Old Dec 3, 2021, 7:40 am

I feel very disappointed to message on here again, but think it's also very important for others to see how matters are dealt with by Etihad. I first messaged on here on 21 November and it's clear very little progress has been made. I've had no response to my last message either on here or via DM a couple of days ago.
Etihad remain in breach in respect of the Terms which promised I should have my points transferred by early November.
I am no better off and in no position to use my own miles to book my son's upgrade.
There is no one on the end of the phone.
There is no one via email.
There is no one via social media.
There is no one on here.
It's a terrible experience....
Hi there, we really appreciate your continued patience while we experience a high volume of queries and sorry for keeping you waiting.
We'll keep our conversation in DM. Thank you. *Ari

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.