Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:46 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by jaejaez
Dear Etihad Lurkers,

If I have bought economy tickets using cash & then upgraded using vouchers/miles - I should still be getting my Etihad miles for the 'cash portion' of the ticket purchased, right?
I have not gotten any miles for the AUH-JFK-AUH tickets I bought (it says ZERO on my history). I did buy economy tickets with cash and subsequently upgraded to business class using my voucher/miles.

I have also submitted a 'claim miles' since but still not getting any miles.
Can you advise how I can resolve this? Thank you.

Hi there, please email Etihad Guest Retro Claim team directly at [email protected] and they will be happy to assist you further. *Ann
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: FB Platinum LT, HK Airlines whatever, Skywards Ex-Gold :-)
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi there, should you wish to rebook your flight, please feel free to reach out to your travel agent for further assistance. Alternatively, our Contact Centres may also help; however, additional service fee would apply. Thanks.
*Ily

Your response is just a proof of your incompetency: But for again only for you, : It was your contact center who opened the ticket for me and advised me to book the new ticket only via the contact center without the class restrictions and without any kind of fee. So now you ask me to call the TA... Kindly check your voice records and please don´t respond your nonsense copy and past replies. I still wait for a solution, your contact center has escalated the case, but the but the supervisor who is supposed to call me back is maybe currently camel riding since two weeks as I did not get a call from him yet. So kindly follow up from your end, looking forward to get a detailed answer how all this can happen. You have the greatopportunity to show the forum here how great your customer caring is (or how it sucks).

Thank you and warmest regards
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: FB Platinum LT, HK Airlines whatever, Skywards Ex-Gold :-)
Originally Posted by Smiley90
That's a lot of words for what amounts to... Seemingly a 50 dollar change fee? Is that really worth this much anger? And it was a third party booking, too?? Then your anger should lie with whatever OTA you used.
Hi, tt was booked via a TA, but when I called Ethiad and asked for options they opened the ticket for me whilst they gave clear advise that I can book a new flight within any fare class of the "value bucket" and that there will be no fee at all for a new booking. Now it turned out that I have to use the same booking class as the origin ticket and and that there is a handling fee. Handling fee not a big deal, but in different calls I got quoted different amounts, from 50 to 150 USD, and the fare bucket issue actually made me mad, the agent informed me totally wrong, instead to open the ticket a travel credit would have been the much better option for me...

I simply don´t like how they deal with it, Ethiad is just playing ping pong now, they do not take any responsibility of the misinformation given and are unable to provide a fair solution, that's simply not right.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:53 am

Hi there, please email Etihad Guest Retro Claim team directly at [email protected] and they will be happy to assist you further. *Ann
Thanks but I am reaching out to you because the [email protected] email address is "not available". This is the automated message I get when I email anything to that email address:

As I already noted, I have already tried to "claim missing miles via www.etihadguest.com --> claim missing miles" but have not heard any response which is why I had posted my query to you here on FlyerTalk.

Why would you advise me to email to an email address that is not available?

For your kind response please. Thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:21 am

Thanks but I am reaching out to you because the [email protected] email address is "not available". This is the automated message I get when I email anything to that email address:

As I already noted, I have already tried to "claim missing miles via www.etihadguest.com --> claim missing miles" but have not heard any response which is why I had posted my query to you here on FlyerTalk.

Why would you advise me to email to an email address that is not available?

For your kind response please. Thanks.
There appears to be a system glitch on the email, apologies. I'd need your Guest Number and ticket number in private message to follow up your claims please. Thank you. *Ari
Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:55 pm

There appears to be a system glitch on the email, apologies. I'd need your Guest Number and ticket number in private message to follow up your claims please. Thank you. *Ari
Thanks Ari - I will send you a PM.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:30 am

Thanks Ari - I will send you a PM.
Hi Jaejeaz, we saw your PM earlier and we've forwarded your details to our Etihad Guest team, the process for claiming missing miles may take 7-14 days. Please keep an eye on youraccount, hope you receive it soon! *Ann
Old Feb 4, 2022, 12:20 pm

Hi Jaejeaz, we saw your PM earlier and we've forwarded your details to our Etihad Guest team, the process for claiming missing miles may take 7-14 days. Please keep an eye on youraccount, hope you receive it soon! *Ann
Thank you. I will post here once it's been credited.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 5:37 pm

Hi EthihadHelp,
Ethihad cancelled one of my flights, resulting in a 14h transit in Doha. We couldn't get anyone on the phone to cancel the entire booking, hence we did it online. Now we were told the cancellation fees can't be refunded. Can you please help? Thanks.
Cheers.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by missytravel
Hi EthihadHelp,
Ethihad cancelled one of my flights, resulting in a 14h transit in Doha. We couldn't get anyone on the phone to cancel the entire booking, hence we did it online. Now we were told the cancellation fees can't be refunded. Can you please help? Thanks.
Cheers.
Hi Missytravel, please feel free to send us a private message with your booking details, and we will look into it for you. *Ann
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: Etihad Gold
I received an email from Etihad today which confused me. As far as I understood my Etihad Gold year was due to end at the end of February 2022. Today’s email said that I haven’t earned enough tier miles or segments but as a courtesy to my loyalty it has been extended to the end of June. It’s unclear whether they are saying that I have until then to earn the required miles or whether I will be demoted to Silver in July. Please give your opinion on this. If it’s the latter it would seem to fly in the face of what the CEO said about no one losing their status at this time.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:55 pm

Thank you. I will post here once it's been credited.
This has been credited, after only 3 days. Thanks for your help in resolving this issue.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 1:41 am

Hi @EtihadHelp,

I have a question regarding the 'Stopover on Us' option:
If I'm arriving at 11:20pm on a Sunday, and my next flight departs at 02:00am on the next Wednesday (basically spending exactly 48 hours outside the airport), does that qualify for the 'stopover on us' program and until what time will I be able to stay at the hotel? Does 2 nights equal 48hours?

Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2022, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Clemfandango
I received an email from Etihad today which confused me. As far as I understood my Etihad Gold year was due to end at the end of February 2022. Today’s email said that I haven’t earned enough tier miles or segments but as a courtesy to my loyalty it has been extended to the end of June. It’s unclear whether they are saying that I have until then to earn the required miles or whether I will be demoted to Silver in July. Please give your opinion on this. If it’s the latter it would seem to fly in the face of what the CEO said about no one losing their status at this time.
Hi Clemfandango, please forward the same to [email protected] along with your Etihad Guest account, so that our team can review it and get back to you. Thank you. *Ann
Old Feb 8, 2022, 4:32 am

This has been credited, after only 3 days. Thanks for your help in resolving this issue.
It's always a pleasure to assist, Jaejaez. *Ann

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.