DXB T3

Old Nov 22, 2008, 3:51 am

Programs: QR Platinum, EK-Silver, SV-Gold
Well.. past through T3 Nov 19th.. So here's a quick view..

Arrive from MEL at a gate in T1. Planned to stay in Dubai for a day, however, after 14hour flight, i needed a smoke. Firstly, there are no smoking in T3, other than business class .. i believe. So i had to trek to T1. Took me an hour to get out of T3, reason being i decided to goto the duty free before i leave the airport.

So instead of following the sign to arrivals, i went to transfers. But let me tell you.. hard to leave the transit area, finally found it after asking people who kept giving different directions.

quietest place in the T3 is next to Pauls, close to the T1 walk way.

T3 wasnt really busy, however, i i believe when it get really busy, more problems will arise, wonder how they will handle it..

Didnt like the electronic duty free in T3, like T1 better.. but IMO T3 sucks and really no better than T1. All that money paid for T3 and this is what they can come up with??? But then again, I guess this is only temporary until the new airport is completed in 5-10years.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 8:50 am

Tweaked you're basing yourself only on the fact that you couldn't smoke freely (which is way better for non-smokers) and that the electronic stores were inferior to T1's. That's very insufficient to make such a negative post. Talk us about REAL problems instead (e.g. long queues, etc.) ...
Old Nov 23, 2008, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by jul89
Tweaked you're basing yourself only on the fact that you couldn't smoke freely (which is way better for non-smokers) and that the electronic stores were inferior to T1's. That's very insufficient to make such a negative post. Talk us about REAL problems instead (e.g. long queues, etc.) ...
If you notice, i did mention that this was my opinion, each traveler will have his/her own perception on what is important. Yes i did mention 3 negative points, but those were the only negative points i found this time around. Well actually i mentioned a forth point also: the inability of staff to give correct directions. Which to some may imply that there is a lack of proper signage around the terminal. Maybe i should have been clear in that point.

With that said, I didn't really think is was a negative post.

Also mentioned that it didn't seem busy at the time i arrived. So i would assume one would understand that if it wasn't really busy, then there wouldn't be long queues, etc.

So maybe instead of criticizing my post based on your perception of negative or positive, better to a pose a question that may be helpful to identify what is important to you, and maybe i or others can then provide some constructive feedback to your liking.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 12:46 pm

Programs: Privilege Gold
Tomorrow nite (24/25th) will be passing through T3 on my way from MAN to BKK, looking forward to seeing what the new terminal is like
Old Nov 24, 2008, 10:49 am

You said it : the inability of the staff. Why not pointing this out ? And I didn't say that T3 had to be good or bad. I just mentionned that your report could be better. That's all.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 8:46 pm

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
FFS - how many times are you going to post this?

This is the 4th time I've read it
I spent ages looking through the Flyertalk glossary for frequent flyer terms and could not find it just realised what FFS is very funny
Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Gorilaz
I spent ages looking through the Flyertalk glossary for frequent flyer terms and could not find it just realised what FFS is very funny
Hehehe, you could have looked at www.urbandictionary.com
Old Nov 25, 2008, 1:21 am

how long is the trek from T1 to T3. I was planning to checkin to T1 from my hotel in the morning, visit the DCA Biz lounge (Priority pass) and go over to T3 to catch my IAH flight. how would morning rush hour be at T1 security compared to T3 security.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 3:50 am

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
Originally Posted by edy4eva
Hehehe, you could have looked at www.urbandictionary.com
brill^
Old Nov 25, 2008, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by ash_ak
how long is the trek from T1 to T3.
from the center of T1 to center of T3, i would say around 15-25mins depending how fast you walk, number of bags, and whether with a trolley or not.. etc

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.