Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates cancellations - refunds/vouchers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DYKWIA
To request a refund / voucher or keep your ticket open for 24 months, use the following link :-

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...efund-request/
Print Wikipost

Emirates cancellations - refunds/vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2020, 10:30 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
I have a question about this voucher - if I cancel a $1000 emirates flight to get a voucher, can the voucher be applied to 2 separate emirates bookings of $500 each?

The reason is that I might have to cancel a pretty expensive emirates flight, and I no longer have the need to fly that expensive route - but can probably use the voucher on my typical route which is half the price.
Yes, as stated on the travel voucher website:

’You can use the travel voucher throughout the year for multiple transactions if you wish to (up to its value)’.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 11:29 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
I have a question about this voucher - if I cancel a $1000 emirates flight to get a voucher, can the voucher be applied to 2 separate emirates bookings of $500 each?

The reason is that I might have to cancel a pretty expensive emirates flight, and I no longer have the need to fly that expensive route - but can probably use the voucher on my typical route which is half the price.
And do you have to use it for yourself (i. e. your own travel)? I have a family member who will get such a voucher but it’s unlikely she’ll be able to use it herself within a year.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 4:38 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by thijsseh
And do you have to use it for yourself (i. e. your own travel)? I have a family member who will get such a voucher but it’s unlikely she’ll be able to use it herself within a year.
To answer my own question: no, it's personal and non-transferable.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by thijsseh
To answer my own question: no, it's personal and non-transferable.
Correct, they said no one else can use that voucher except the person flying.
In addition, they might refund if you wait 24 months? from what I have been reading
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:59 am

.According to the website:
Travel vouchers are valid for one year from date the voucher was issued and can be used for any Emirates product or service.

Does this mean that the flights have to be within one year, or must be booked within 1 year? i.e if I get a voucher in April 2020 can I use it in March 2021 to book a flight in September 2021?
Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by monkeyshoulder22
Travel vouchers are valid for one year from date the voucher was issued and can be used for any Emirates product or service.

Does this mean that the flights have to be within one year, or must be booked within 1 year? i.e if I get a voucher in April 2020 can I use it in March 2021 to book a flight in September 2021?
Yes you may but the validity of the vouchers may even be extended by another year (cant find the page now but its somewhere)
Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Yes you may but the validity of the vouchers may even be extended by another year (cant find the page now but its somewhere)
I saw it somewhere as well but I think it said unused vouchers could be extended another 12 months. Wonder what the situation is with part used vouchers.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards

yes, as long as you book before the expiry date, you can travel approx 10 months from that date in advance

I saw it somewhere as well but I think it said unused vouchers could be extended another 12 months. Wonder what the situation is with part used vouchers.
should be, but cant say for certain
monkeyshoulder22 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:01 am

So on my mum's 800 or so USD ticket to Bangkok from Brazil, she is losing 440 USD on it despite it being EK that cancelled. The rest, Brazilian law has changed so Emirates only has to refund her in 12 months!

I am going to try to get that 440 USD from the travel insurance but they are demanding a lot of documentation like stamped and signed documents from the travel agency which isn't exactly easy when their office is shutdown because of a lockdown. So not hopeful.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 4:59 am

Has anyone gotten a refund recently and seen how long it takes to actually get it? Cancelled a booking on 17 March but still no sign of any money.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 10:53 am

Called Emirates yesterday after they cancelled our (JFK-DXB-CGK and return) ticket a couple weeks back - they still insist on keeping the cancellation fee ($300 per ticket) and would not give us a timeline for refunds - several months, is as close as we could get, nothing concrete though. I cannot imaging that keeping the $300 cancellation fee is legal under US law, when they cancelled, not us, but we are not getting anywhere with them

I am now off to open a credit card dispute about the purchase...
Old Apr 4, 2020, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by TabeaK
Called Emirates yesterday after they cancelled our (JFK-DXB-CGK and return) ticket a couple weeks back - they still insist on keeping the cancellation fee ($300 per ticket) and would not give us a timeline for refunds - several months, is as close as we could get, nothing concrete though. I cannot imaging that keeping the $300 cancellation fee is legal under US law, when they cancelled, not us, but we are not getting anywhere with them

I am now off to open a credit card dispute about the purchase...
As I mentioned, EK's view is that they are not, but rather governments are cancelling flights and therefore they're not at fault. Read a similar thread on the EY forum where it was stated that CC companies are overloaded with disputes so that may take time, too.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 1:01 pm

As I mentioned, EK's view is that they are not, but rather governments are cancelling flights and therefore they're not at fault. Read a similar thread on the EY forum where it was stated that CC companies are overloaded with disputes so that may take time, too.
Don't really care about EK's "view" - the DOT rules in the US are pretty clear, COVID or no COVID. My credit card dispute is in, we shall see how it goes.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 1:46 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by TabeaK
Don't really care about EK's "view" - the DOT rules in the US are pretty clear, COVID or no COVID. My credit card dispute is in, we shall see how it goes.
Same with EU laws.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 4:06 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *G, AF/KLM Gold, A3 *G
Emirates Travel Voucher

Had a LHR SYD flight on 25th March, now applied for travel voucher and waiting.

Currently planning going with BA15//16, as its just a gas stop at SIN.

My question is assuming the travel voucher is issued next month May 2020, can I use it in May 2021 to purchase, say Jan 2022 tickets? or does it has to be in the 1 year limit date range? eg: May 2020- May 2021 flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.