Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates cancellations - refunds/vouchers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DYKWIA
To request a refund / voucher or keep your ticket open for 24 months, use the following link :-

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...efund-request/
Print Wikipost

Emirates cancellations - refunds/vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2020, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by Dan1113
I have a refund that was confirmed by email to me on 17 March. Still nothing paid out. Agent said my ticket has been reopened. A week ago they tried to contact the refund dept, no response yet even though the response was due within 24-48 hours.

I'm really not sure where to go from here to be honest.
I would suggest not wasting any time or energy on this, as I mentioned earlier, you wont see your money for a long time. Calling in wont change anything regardless of what agents tell you.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 1:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by m3red
does this work with partially used tickets? I have flight to Dublin in the summer that we’ll likely change/ cancel and Man would be a better option in that case
yes and stopover restrictions are waived
Old Apr 14, 2020, 8:54 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
yes and stopover restrictions are waived
im technically on the stopover 😂
iFlyMoreThanYou likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by m3red
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefined

im technically on the stopover 😂
likewise, I'm on a stopover for 3 different tickets now
m3red likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 1:25 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
In today’s National:

Emirates has extended its refund policy to apply to all ticket holders who booked flights before Sunday, May 31 for travel before Monday, August 31.

Travellers who no longer wish to fly, or are unable to, can apply for a refund online, using Emirates' updated refund request form. The airline is advising passengers that there will be a delay in processing refunds due to a backlog of requests.

https://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle/travel/emirates-extends-refund-policy-to-any-tickets-booked-before-may-1.1006209

Previously the option of a refund was only available to travellers with tickets to countries where flight suspensions or travel restrictions due to Covid-19 were in place.

Travellers can also request refunds on fees paid for seat selection and lounge access.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 5:28 am

When I was chasing up my refund today, the agent said the new Emirates policy of the last 24-48 hours is that all March refunds have now been reopened and we will be getting an email asking us to keep the ticket open or take a voucher...

In my case Emirates didn't cancel, I did before it all shut down , but I had booked a fully refundable ticket, which the agent made clear was the case today.
Just got the Emirates email they alluded to here, saying 'yes you cancelled, but pretty please take the voucher, if you really want a refund, submit again...'

Not sure if I should submit this or not since my ticket was cancelled the 'normal' way within the manage the booking page since it was a fully refundable ticket purchased in March during their very flexible booking conditions month. But I guess I have no choice? Agents on the phone said it is being processed as normal, but the ticket is still open on their side, so I am worried it'll never actually get processed unless I submit this form?
Old Apr 15, 2020, 5:47 am

Emirates cancelled inbound flight

Sorry posted in wrong forum
Hi, we are due to travel from LGW-SIN-KUL-LGW with Emirates in July. They have cancelled our flight from KUL. They have offered a new flight which is not acceptable due to now arriving the next day. We have work commitments the next day. Our original flight was 1015, the new one is now 19:20. I have told the agent that this flight is not acceptable, they are not being helpful. They are near enough say tough luck. There is another flight that morning which departs at 02:40 but that means losing a night in a hotel. I have not been offered this flight. Just like to know what my options are, going forward so i can go back to the agent with something constructive.
I know at the moment we might not even be able to travel, due to flight restrictions from the UK and entering Singapore and Malaysia. This question is just in the hope that we can travel. We have insurance, the flights were booked before COVID 19 became a pandemic.
Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2020, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
First, what would new tickets cost, including the 02:40 departure which you want? If they are less than what you paid, you are due a refund for your existing tickets, should take that any purchase new tickets.

Second, when you say "offered" do you mean that you have not yet asked to be rebooked onto the 02:40 departure? If so, call back and ask for it, if refused, escalate to a manager and ask why it is not possible.

Ultimately, you have a lot of leverage here because you are entitled to a refund.
Aldoman and Yoshi212 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
My question is would they now waive the refund fee when we customers ask for a cash refund? That was not the case a couple of weeks ago. They are still charging customers with the refund fee.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 11:02 am

Just got the Emirates email they alluded to here, saying 'yes you cancelled, but pretty please take the voucher, if you really want a refund, submit again...'

Not sure if I should submit this or not since my ticket was cancelled the 'normal' way within the manage the booking page since it was a fully refundable ticket purchased in March during their very flexible booking conditions month. But I guess I have no choice? Agents on the phone said it is being processed as normal, but the ticket is still open on their side, so I am worried it'll never actually get processed unless I submit this form?
Phoned them and they said they will not process any refund unless the customer submits this form - new information as of today they claimed.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
Dutch article but mentions that Emirates will refund if they cancel

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-ach...m_content=free
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:00 pm

I would look at departing from LHR if feasable. Keeps you closer to original schedule. If the am flight is availible, you can ask to move to it, if its bookable on site you can move across, if they kick up a fuss - remind them of the confidance measure
Old Apr 15, 2020, 4:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It doesn't read that it will give refunds without penalty looking at the refund request page

If requesting an actual refund, there is a confirmation box that states "I understand the fare conditions for my Emirates ticket or the service as advised at the time of purchase" whereas for a voucher "I understand that by requesting a travel voucher I will receive the full value of my payment."
Old Apr 15, 2020, 4:47 pm

Programs: MR Plat
I have a refund that was confirmed by email to me on 17 March. Still nothing paid out. Agent said my ticket has been reopened. A week ago they tried to contact the refund dept, no response yet even though the response was due within 24-48 hours.

I'm really not sure where to go from here to be honest.
Cancelled mine late March (with the cancellation fees) and got the confirmation email right away at that time. Still don't see the refund on my card either nor did I get the email to confirm anything.

Last edited by Globex; May 11, 2020 at 6:57 am
Old Apr 15, 2020, 7:03 pm

Anyone have any DPs on fully refundable tickets? I canceled a ticket on March 19th and was told I'd receive a refund within 15 working days. Almost a month at this point now. Sent a follow-up via online form asking for a status update a few days ago but still nothing. Wondering how long I should wait before doing a chargeback as they were fairly pricy tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.