Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Your Operational Upgrade Experiences 2020 /2021 & 2022 - Please Post Here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Please post your 2020, 2021 & 2022 Operational Upgrade Experiences in this thread for EK & FZ.

Around the middle of 2016, Emirates modified their Operational Upgrade Policy favouring type of ticket over status holders, giving non status passengers on Flex and Flex Plus tickets an advantage over (for example) Silver members on a Saver ticket.

As of Sep. 2019 Upgrading Ranking: (See this thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emir...cedure-11.html and this post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31526987-post217.html
IO
Any Plat ranked by fare type (Flex Plus etc) (Some exceptions reported in this post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31526987-post217.html)
Flex Plus ranked by status
Flex ranked by status
Saver ranked by status

So status does still provide priority within the fare type, and IO/Plats are usually ahead of everyone although some anomalies have been reported.

Link to the 2019 thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emir...st-here-9.html

Please use the following format for ease of reading and of course, discussion is still welcome.

Example:

Upgrade given: J - F

Upgrade location: Check in desk 5min before flight closure

Route: DXB - LHR

Flight number: EK1

Type of ticket: Saver

Date of travel: 12 December 2019

Tier status: Plat

Tier miles to date: 388k

Skywards miles balance: 402k

Number of pax on the same PNR (Including OP): 1

Safe & Happy Travels and May The Upgrade Gods Look Favourably Upon You.

Saltire74
EK Forum Co-Moderator

Print Wikipost

Your Operational Upgrade Experiences 2020 /2021 & 2022 - Please Post Here

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 3:50 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, AerClub Silver
Upgrade given: Y - J

Upgrade location: Boarding Gate beep but noticed seat change on Manage Booking 30 mins before boarding

Route: KUL - DXB

Flight number: EK449

Type of ticket: Flex Plus

Date of travel: 21 May 2022

Tier status: Gold

Tier miles to date: 12k

Skywards miles balance: 103k

larzy1977 and XXTSGR like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: EK Gold

Upgrade location: Boarding Gate beep but noticed seat change on Manage Booking 90 mins before boarding

Route: FRA - DXB

Flight number: EK48

Type of ticket: Flex

Date of travel: 22 June 2022

Tier miles to date: 40k

Skywards miles balance: 163k

Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:27 am

Upgrade given: Y to Premium Economy

Upgrade location: Boarding Gate

Route: DXB to SYD

Flight number: EK412

Type of ticket: Economy Flex Plus

Date of travel: 31 July 2022

Tier status: Blue

Tier miles to date: 25k after this trip

Skywards miles balance: 25k after this trip

Number of pax on the same PNR (Including OP): 2 + infant
Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:40 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Qatar Gold
First op up in a long time on a completely full flight. J was having lots of issues, my ICE didn’t work properly (faulty touchscreen, kept jumping to search - basically unusable), lots of problems with seats too it seemed like - one gent took his mattress and tried to lie down in front of the exit door.
Crew were great trying to resolve it and the supervisor did eventually give up and say she would note on my profile. I didn’t complain as it was an OPUP and I was happy to sleep with a long drive ahead of me but EL wrote me an apology anyway & credited 20k miles

Upgrade location: Check in desk but noticed it on the app on route to DXB

Route: DXB - MAN

Flight number: EK17

Type of ticket: Flex Plus

Date of travel: 19 Aug 2022

Tier miles to date: 127k

Skywards miles balance: 410k

Old Oct 9, 2022, 8:41 am

First ever opp up

Was checking the emirates app & expert flyer en route to the airport, the flight was showing as full.
At Islamabad airport whilst checking in at the priority check in/business counter for emirates I was told I’ve been selected for an operational upgrade & that I will be given a new boarding pass at the gate. Emirates app wasn’t allowing me to see my seat for my next flight either (DXB-MAN) and was told there’s a chance I may get upgraded on that leg too.

Upon arriving at the gate I was given a new boarding pass with the seat 6A in business class- pretty chuffed as it was my first ever operational upgrade! (flown business several times before either by purchasing the full fare, upgrading with miles or cash)

The flight was really packed & 5 other people were upgraded too.

Upon arriving in DXB whilst in the emirates lounge I checked the seat map on the app and it still wasn’t allowing me access to see my seat. Sadly once I checked in I was told I was on the list but beaten by golds who were on flex plus fares who had been upgraded ahead of me.

Thankfully I was seated on the upper deck (two class config) and with a window seat so it didn’t work out too bad.

Flying again to DXB & then ISB in a couple of weeks and then JFK over Christmas so should hit Gold comfortably by then.

Upgrade Given: Y-J

Route: ISB-DXB

Flight Number: EK613

Type of ticket: Flex

Date of Travel: 6th October

Tier status: Silver

Tier Miles to date: 35,303

Skyward Miles Balance: 41,475

Number of Pax on the same PNR: 1
murtaza12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.