Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates changes Operational Upgrade procedure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates changes Operational Upgrade procedure

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
It's utter horse .... if true. I'll ask at LGW on Sunday as there will be j to f upgrades on my flight (ek10 Sunday)
Old Sep 9, 2016, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by m3red
It's utter horse .... if true. I'll ask at LGW on Sunday as there will be j to f upgrades on my flight (ek10 Sunday)
The departure control system produces a list of eligible pax for each class (Y and J) in priority order, which is grouped first by fare type (FLXP,FLEX), skywards status for each fare type(blue above non-members), then specific fare basis to order pax of the same status in each fare group (more expensive first).

If the flight is already closed and there is a last minute issue, of course departure control can reopen and reassign as necessary, but if an outstation reopens a flight after the scheduled close time, someone from DXB network operations calls in very very quickly to find out why!

Oh, I don't think there will be any op-ups at this rate on EK10 on Sunday, allegedly , but should be space for two more in F.

Last edited by eternaltransit; Sep 9, 2016 at 8:04 am
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
The departure control system produces a list of eligible pax for each class (Y and J) in priority order, which is grouped first by fare type (FLXP,FLEX), skywards status for each fare type(blue above non-members), then specific fare basis to order pax of the same status in each fare group (more expensive first).

If the flight is already closed and there is a last minute issue, of course departure control can reopen and reassign as necessary, but if an outstation reopens a flight after the scheduled close time, someone from DXB network operations calls in very very quickly to find out why!

Oh, I don't think there will be any op-ups at this rate on EK10 on Sunday, allegedly , but should be space for two more in F.
J looks full to me. Anyway I have 2k and the wife 3k so we're all set.

So do they follow the list in order? Seems like they should pick a plat first!
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:31 am

You had too much P2? You seem to be really really struggling to wrap your head around this and all the discussions and justifications covered in this thread already
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:14 am

Yep, no thinking necessary, just follow the list.

Rumour has it revenue management has done a perfect 100% load on your flight in J
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Quite a lot of upgrades in my flight to Vienna (15-20) and not for me as gold + flex ticket ... First time with this kind of loads (and probably last time as I move out of Dubai )
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You had too much P2? You seem to be really really struggling to wrap your head around this and all the discussions and justifications covered in this thread already
It's crazy. Anyway let's see over the next few months and weeks.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: EK IO , Sixt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont President's Club, Sirius Gold,
Last week coming with EK10 we were 5 IO on board with exact 5 upgrades to be executed. Hopefully you will have luck on Sunday, fingers crossed!
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Ray44
Last week coming with EK10 we were 5 IO on board with exact 5 upgrades to be executed. Hopefully you will have luck on Sunday, fingers crossed!

We're in f - I'm just curious. Feels a waste of time renewing platinum now.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:47 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Let me book full fare Y and then get op-upped (if) before an EK Plat on a lower fare. It's cruel when everything goes revenue based in the airline industry.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Let me book full fare Y and then get op-upped (if) before an EK Plat on a lower fare. It's cruel when everything goes revenue based in the airline industry.
I just flew on a full fare Y as EK plat on a full flight and didn't get upgraded if it's any consolation
Old Sep 10, 2016, 6:08 am

I just flew on a full fare Y as EK plat on a full flight and didn't get upgraded if it's any consolation
Ouch.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Ouch.
One of those, so full-no-one-gets-upgraded flights that sometimes happens!

Luckily it was a daytime flight on a 777 so the gossip galley was taken advantage of, and my seat mate was not overweight or obnoxious.

The worst part was arriving at A14 or A15 and departing from C7 or 9!
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
That hurts.
On some other airlines, "full fare" means automatically "upgrade" (to Y+ )...
Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:00 am

EK loves to oversell but many times now they get y and j almost full so no op ups. Supposedly they are trying to limit j to f a little more which on a lot of my recent flights has been the case ie almost but not quite full y, full j and f with a few spare seats,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.