Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Business Class In Decline

Emirates Business Class In Decline

Old Aug 18, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Based on your observation of one flight? OP mentioned intentionally downgrading meals from 3 courses to a single tray, you're saying your meal was given away. Did the original or alternative meal consist of 3 separate courses? I was a vegetarian most of my life and used to always order special meals, but because of that have also paid attention to vegetarian options available on regular menus and in J in EK there is often a vegetarian option available or a meal that can be easily made vegetarian
Not just one flight I do have examples of service hiccups in J from other flights over the last few months, but those were minor hiccups and I ignored them, unlike what happened here.

And as for the other vegetarian options, there weren't any on my flight. I'm guessing the DXB-ZAG-DXB route doesn't have too many (or any) veggie options, because the pasta they showed me had a label which said "crew meal" on it.

Originally Posted by extramileage
Looks like "gave away" is simply code for someone messed up. It happens ... they were apologetic by your own description (and pasta was probably from F). As you say, this was "totally unlike Emirates", and - you are right - "annoying". So rare occurrence on high expectations. It happens...
Yes it happens, and like I said, am just lucky it was a relatively short flight to DXB.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
I don’t understand the problem with the smaller plastic bottles. The Voss ones were disproportionately large and heavy. Admittedly nicer to drink out of, but comments related to convenience of the Voss bottles are unfounded.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:58 pm

Business class down the drain?

Hi.
was recently on a flight from dubai to hamburg and noticed drastic degradation in the quality of the trip.
for a $4000 ticket;
1) no amenity kits on either legs
2) attendant refused to serve me a plate of fruits claiming their isn't enough while the cabin was half empty. She didnt even bother to offer anything else.
3) food was served hours after departure which i think is a tactic to not serve a second meal on a 7 hour flight.
very poor service for the price
makes me miss qatar and etihad business class experiences.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
EK hast never served two meals on this flight, nor has there been an amenity kit if it's a daytime flight. There's no fine on demand so while a fruit plate would be nice it's not something that's ever been explicitly advertised. There are snacks at the bar on an A380.

It's not a degradation of it's never been offered.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:39 am

WELL, since we all paid the same price, be it morning or night, we are entitled to the same offerings. And about your fruit platter is not offered comment, IT IS on the menu. And i assure you, they didn't run out of it since the cabin was almost empty.
They should learn a thing or two from qatar.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Ridoor
WELL, since we all paid the same price, be it morning or night, we are entitled to the same offerings. And about your fruit platter is not offered comment, IT IS on the menu. And i assure you, they didn't run out of it since the cabin was almost empty.
It's on the menu as desert after the meal, it's not dine on demand. Qatar offers dine on demand, that's the big difference.

I might be sounding like I'm defending EK, but I'm just pointing out the facts and reasons for what happened. I'm sure most of us would love EK to offer Dine on Demand....
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:03 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

WELL, since we all paid the same price, be it morning or night, we are entitled to the same offerings.
You're not entitled to anything... You don't get amenity kits on day flights from Europe to DXB - only the overnight flights.

If you were on the overnight flight, then yes, you should write in and complain. You may get a few Skywards points.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
You're not entitled to anything... You don't get amenity kits on day flights from Europe to DXB - only the overnight flights.

If you were on the overnight flight, then yes, you should write in and complain. You may get a few Skywards points.
Note that there is a time limit even for overnight flights. That being said I've received amenity kits on overnights to MUC in the past, so..
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
It's on the menu as desert after the meal, it's not dine on demand. Qatar offers dine on demand, that's the big difference.

I might be sounding like I'm defending EK, but I'm just pointing out the facts and reasons for what happened. I'm sure most of us would love EK to offer Dine on Demand....
i didnt ask to dine on demand.
i asked for it while the attendant was taking the order.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:46 am

ek does our meals separately when in J because of the baby - they have been quite helpful although the person who eats second misses things like bread and the drinks rounds
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: QF WP

we’re obviously not understanding what you’re telling us- did you perhaps order a desert and also the cheese/fruit plate when the menu was theoretically fruit/cheese OR dessert? Or are you saying you were just flat out refused

genuinely trying to understand as we are obviously not getting it
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:07 am

I ordered the dessert and asked for a fruit plate if possible too.
i was the first to give my order.
the response i got was “we wont have enough”.. heck you didnt even ask the other what they wanted. A polite way to respond/act was to atleast inform me after they took all the orders if they had any heck. Heck the thing doesnt even cost $1.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Hi.
was recently on a flight from dubai to hamburg and noticed drastic degradation in the quality of the trip.
for a $4000 ticket;
1) no amenity kits on either legs
2) attendant refused to serve me a plate of fruits claiming their isn't enough while the cabin was half empty. She didnt even bother to offer anything else.
3) food was served hours after departure which i think is a tactic to not serve a second meal on a 7 hour flight.
very poor service for the price
makes me miss qatar and etihad business class experiences.
I ordered the dessert and asked for a fruit plate if possible too.
i was the first to give my order.
the response i got was “we wont have enough”.. heck you didnt even ask the other what they wanted. A polite way to respond/act was to atleast inform me after they took all the orders if they had any heck. Heck the thing doesnt even cost $1.
I agree the CC should have said they would come back and let you know if there was one available at the end. That would just be good customer service but just sounds like a single inexperienced/ grumpy CC to me. Not sure what the price of fruit has do with anything? Also, what else was the CC supposed to offer you? You already ordered the other desert option? If the load is as light as you say then why would you expect them to cater fruit plates as though the flight was full?

I think it is perfectly reasonable for any airline to alter their offerings based on the length of flight and time of day, food being the most obvious but amenity kits as well (even though they are nice and useful, it's never going to make or break a flight for me).
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BAEC Silver
The OP sounds like a compensation chaser.
Probably first time they've flown J and were expecting the crew to be at their beck and call.
mjmal51 and ElJudioErrante like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.