Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Upgrade Cost Calculation (Using Miles)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:32 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Hi All,

Weird question I hope you guys can answer! I have an upcoming trip KIX-DXB-LHR booked in Business for 110,000 miles. First Class for the whole itinerary was 150,000 but was not available.

The KIX-DXB sector now has availability in F at an upgrade cost of 42,000 miles. Oddly this is more than if the whole itinerary was in F to begin with. I've gone ahead with this anyways as its a long sector.

Am I correct in thinking if DXB-LHR has award availability in F come up then we can move to this cabin free of charge since we've already paid the total F mileage cost?

Cheers!

Gabrca
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:41 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Gabrca
Hi All,

Weird question I hope you guys can answer! I have an upcoming trip KIX-DXB-LHR booked in Business for 110,000 miles. First Class for the whole itinerary was 150,000 but was not available.

The KIX-DXB sector now has availability in F at an upgrade cost of 42,000 miles. Oddly this is more than if the whole itinerary was in F to begin with. I've gone ahead with this anyways as its a long sector.

Am I correct in thinking if DXB-LHR has award availability in F come up then we can move to this cabin free of charge since we've already paid the total F mileage cost?

Cheers!

Gabrca
You will have to cancel and rebook to get the revised rate
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:10 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Zol
You will have to cancel and rebook to get the revised rate
Interesting, so they can’t make the adjustment over the phone?

Also ... apologies, one more question: If I do have to go the whole cancel and rebook route, will the miles recredit instantly? In this case the ticket was booked using miles from one account, and the miles for the upgrade on the first sector came from another.

Last edited by Gabrca; Nov 11, 2018 at 4:31 pm
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:31 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Gabrca

Interesting, so they can’t make the adjustment over the phone?

Also ... apologies, one more question: If I do have to go the whole cancel and rebook route, will the miles recredit instantly? In this case the ticket was booked using miles from one account, and the miles for the upgrade on the first sector came from another.
They will credit instantly but keep in mind, they have the right to charge you a cancellation fee (I think it is $25) but you can probably fight it given you are rebooking instantly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.