Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK F, Anyone Notice Any Differences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold

With the cutting of staff, and a few other behind the scenes cuts to F, has anyone found anything noticeably different on EK F? I haven’t flown them since the cuts but have a few long haul segments to/from the US in F coming up and was wondering. I’m especially curious on crowded A380 flights if the service is noticeably worse?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Breakfast service has been very slow, taking 20 minutes to bring out the food, and the water isn't up to scratch. They also won't pay your parking charges if you're paranoid
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Breakfast service has been very slow, taking 20 minutes to bring out the food, and the water isn't up to scratch. They also won't pay your parking charges if you're paranoid
😂😂😂

Come on now...
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You beat me to it!
murtaza12 and XXTSGR like this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by thijsseh

You beat me to it!
And me!!

Seriously though, I'm not sure when the cuts you speak of were introduced, but I have flown 5 EK F legs since the beginning of May, and I have not noticed any difference in the quality and content of the service.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EKplat
And me!!

Seriously though, I'm not sure when the cuts you speak of were introduced, but I have flown 5 EK F legs since the beginning of May, and I have not noticed any difference in the quality and content of the service.
I have absolutely no idea if there is any downgrade in service to speak of. Im only asking because I read they took out an FA or two from F so it made me wonder how that would work out for a completely full A380 cabin.

When was your last F segment, how long was it, and have you flown on any full A380’s?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:27 pm

And in three of those legs, the F cabin was full
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:29 pm

It was 2 days ago, MEL-DXB, one empty seat
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Thank you kindly. I guess that answers that question.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:43 pm

No probs! I hope it helps you make a decision
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
+1 on continued good service in F recently (A380 and 777). Purser has had to step up and get more involved, I think, which is probably not a bad thing for the people in F...
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by extramileage
+1 on continued good service in F recently (A380 and 777). Purser has had to step up and get more involved, I think, which is probably not a bad thing for the people in F...
That’s a good thing. I actually always kind of wondered why the purser never really engaged in any serving guests with the other FA’s, and it kind of bummed me out since the buck stops with him or her. I always thought with the Purser around supervising, it would assure better service. So I see this as a positive change.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

That’s a good thing. I actually always kind of wondered why the purser never really engaged in any serving guests with the other FA’s, and it kind of bummed me out since the buck stops with him or her. I always thought with the Purser around supervising, it would assure better service. So I see this as a positive change.
Even before the cuts the purser would help out in J on the final meal of DXB-LAX/SFO which is the "big meal" of the flight, it was pretty much all hands on deck to get a 3-course service done and cleared in 2 hours. On my last flight there were even two pursers on board (one operating purser, and one as cabin supervisor for J)... times are tough (for crew) at EK.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:09 am
Original Poster

I just got off a MUC-DXB-IAH flight in F and didn’t notice any changes, but admittedly the cabin was less than 50% full on both flights
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:25 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
I've had the purser serve me in both J and F on a range of flights even before this announcement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.