Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by TXWayne
Thanks, great feedback. I leave DFW just after noon and it is about 14 hours. My onward flight to KUL is around 0330 and is in the 6-7 hour range. Return leaves KUL at 1900 and only 4 hours layover in DXB, 2230-0230. An amenity kit in economy, I knew there was a reason I picked EK. Typically flew AA overseas but I refuse to fly them anywhere now.....
Amenity kits are actually quite common amongst Asian and middle Eastern airlines. US airlines ooeaope in a bubble
Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: Southwest Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Amenity kits are actually quite common amongst Asian and middle Eastern airlines. US airlines ooeaope in a bubble
Guess I should have dug deeper before asking and I would have found this, https://www.emirates.com/us/english/...economy-class/
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: Flying Blue ; Qatar Privilege Club, KrisFlyer
Good evening, while managing my upcoming AMS-DXB-MEL I thought I might "Join" Emirates Skywards. It wanted all the same information I had given for managing my flight etc. That wasn't the problem. There seems to be a bug in the "TITLE" field. It won't accept anything I can dream of to put in there: Mr, Mrs, Madam, Sir, Dr, Count, King, Queen ... have I missed something? Meanwhile of course I am unable to complete the sign up process. Any hints anyone?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Frizzy
Good evening, while managing my upcoming AMS-DXB-MEL I thought I might "Join" Emirates Skywards. It wanted all the same information I had given for managing my flight etc. That wasn't the problem. There seems to be a bug in the "TITLE" field. It won't accept anything I can dream of to put in there: Mr, Mrs, Madam, Sir, Dr, Count, King, Queen ... have I missed something? Meanwhile of course I am unable to complete the sign up process. Any hints anyone?
Try another browser? I get a pull down box with the options of Mr, Ms, Mrs or Miss using Firefox or Chrome.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:11 pm

Also, if you'd like me to refer you, just PM me your title, first name, last name and email address. It might not help you join, but I would get some miles as a referrer.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue ; Qatar Privilege Club, KrisFlyer
Hey ft101, thanks for the suggestion, I ended up just joining via the homepage, rather than from within the "Manage my booking" screen. This worked fine, but the website has a few other bugs, so I'll spend as little time there as possible. Sorry didn't send you a referral, but it all happened rather quickly in the end.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:08 pm

I notice that BankDirect offers AAdvantage points for parking your cash there, as well as sign up bonuses for AAdvantage points. Are there any other banks that do this for other points programs?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:14 pm
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Hi Emirates Gurus,

Anyone know of a way to get to Emirates Silver status without a status match (or flying the required amount).

Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:44 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Steve_19
Hi Emirates Gurus,

Anyone know of a way to get to Emirates Silver status without a status match (or flying the required amount).

Thanks!
Ask a friendly Platinum to gift you gold?
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 2:15 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
I will try and seek our some volunteers
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:17 am

I'm flying in Economy along with another passenger who will be flying in Business.

1) Would the flight attendants mind if I go and say hello to the passenger in Business two or three times during the 15hr flight?

2) Can I accompany the business class passenger into the lounge at SFO? Or do they get one or two companions for free?

Thanks.

Last edited by RemoteControl; Jun 24, 2018 at 3:31 am
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by RemoteControl
I'm flying in Economy along with another passenger who will be flying in Business.

1) Would the flight attendants mind if I go and say hello to the passenger in Business two or three times during the 15hr flight?

2) Can I accompany the business class passenger into the lounge at SFO? Or do they get one or two companions for free?

Thanks.
Unfortunately the answer to both is No, however you can pay $100 for yourself to access the lounge.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:33 am

1) The crew might not mind, but it could be iiritating to other passsengers. Better just to stay where you are.

2) Only if he's Gold or above in Skywards.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:13 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK

Thanks.
1: He can come and visit you in Y. The other way will at least be frowned upon and possibly be prevented by the FA’s. And - to be honest - so it should be, J passengers are ‘entitled ‘ (a word I don’t like but it’s the best way to describe the situation) to peace and quiet. It’s not only about the seat and the food!
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:23 pm

Thank you skywardhunter, ft101 for the great info! thijsseh, that's great perspective, makes me feel much better about the answer, even though it's not what I'd hoped!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.