Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
OK, that walk through video makes it look better and larger. But we should know it is larger as it is 1-1-1. With AF's 1-2-1 private suites the two window suites are smaller in width but of course it has the advantage of allowing a couple to have a private suite in the two middle seats.

I won't judge which is best because I would be VERY happy to be in either the EK or AF suite. But again, it's EK catching up to AF with the private suite and still failing to match AF's industry best ground service.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
In an era where J is becoming the new F, I truly expected something more from EK.

The Floor to Ceiling doors look great, but ultimately the current F doors are very private - and something offered in J by Delta, QR, and potentially others too.
If you fly in an actual private suite, with full floor to ceiling doors or curtains, it does make a difference. At least to me, but everyone is different. Flying AF to PEK for instance I slept comfortably the entire flight with full privacy and the Sofitel bedding. So this is a game changer relative to the previous EK seats. But not relative to the competition that already had the fully private suites.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:05 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by stimpy
OK, that walk through video makes it look better and larger. But we should know it is larger as it is 1-1-1. With AF's 1-2-1 private suites the two window suites are smaller in width but of course it has the advantage of allowing a couple to have a private suite in the two middle seats.

I won't judge which is best because I would be VERY happy to be in either the EK or AF suite. But again, it's EK catching up to AF with the private suite and still failing to match AF's industry best ground service.
That is fair, La Premiere is outstanding from start to finish but the two products are so different that it would be hard to compare.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by m3red
Any idea on when?
Nope, at least nothing official.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
I imagine the doors will be locked to open during takeoff/landing as they are currently.
The service hatch also has to be open during taxi, takeoff and landing.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Also, another walkthrough video (shot by AusBT journo Chris Chamberlin at the launch) on the AusBT Facebook page at http://tinyurl.com/y8ksc66n.
Good walk through Chris. You should put that on YouTube.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
New first class is bookable on flights from Dec 1st to BRU and GVA.

Cheapest option I see right now to fly new F is $4k on BRU-DEL. (There is probably cheaper, didn't do a lot of research)
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mict
New first class is bookable on flights from Dec 1st to BRU and GVA.

Cheapest option I see right now to fly new F is $4k on BRU-DEL. (There is probably cheaper, didn't do a lot of research)
That sounds good, but it would really suck to have your new cabin airplane swapped out at the last minute for a mechanical. Such things happen, including once to me. I'll wait til there are a lot more of these new cabins flying.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I'll wait til there are a lot more of these new cabins flying.
It might be a long wait as there's only 6 or 7 more expected. The only saving grace might be if it is retro-fitted, but no news on that yet.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
Any suggestions on which seats to chose when flying in a couple?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold
For me the real disappointment is that for the foreseeable future at max there will be 10 777-300ER with the new first (the 2 delivered and 8 additional new frames)

There has been no mention of retro-fitting 777’s already in service and Sir Tim Clark suggested it could be a while before the new first was seen on the A380 due to integration issues, and even then probably only on new frames.

Can’t help but feel a bit ripped off that after all the fanfare, expectation and hype that for the next 2+ years, at most we can expect 4% of the EK fleet to offer the updated product.

Singapore are going to have all their A380’s fitted with the new product by the end of next year either from new aircraft or retro-fitting the aircraft already in service.

I appreciate that EK have a substantially larger fleet than SQ, but there’s currently a lot of aircraft stored that could be updated with minimal disruption to services.

Why introduce this “gamechanging” new product that the vast majority of travellers will not be experiencing for a considerable period of time?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:52 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by docsxx
Any suggestions on which seats to chose when flying in a couple?
It doesn't matter, none of the seats are designed for couples.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Jet Airways JetPrivilege Platinum
Short video I've made on the new 777-300ER with the new first class suite, business class and economy class! Have a look

Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
Originally Posted by Bravo2K
For me the real disappointment is that for the foreseeable future at max there will be 10 777-300ER with the new first (the 2 delivered and 8 additional new frames)

There has been no mention of retro-fitting 777’s already in service and Sir Tim Clark suggested it could be a while before the new first was seen on the A380 due to integration issues, and even then probably only on new frames.

Can’t help but feel a bit ripped off that after all the fanfare, expectation and hype that for the next 2+ years, at most we can expect 4% of the EK fleet to offer the updated product.

Singapore are going to have all their A380’s fitted with the new product by the end of next year either from new aircraft or retro-fitting the aircraft already in service.

I appreciate that EK have a substantially larger fleet than SQ, but there’s currently a lot of aircraft stored that could be updated with minimal disruption to services.

Why introduce this “gamechanging” new product that the vast majority of travellers will not be experiencing for a considerable period of time?
I think most passengers don't realise how big of an investment this really is. To overhaul the entire fleet will cost billions of dollars. From a financial perspective, this isn't feasible at all. For what? it's not like loads will suffer with the current product. SQ is spending $850mn to upgrade it's 18 A380s. With EK's current ~145 777 in service it doesn't make any sense spending that kind of money for a marginal increase in passenger amenities. It will not generate any additional revenue, if any.

EK makes a big fanfare about it because it is part of their marketing strategy. They have no intention to retrofit the entire fleet, though they must update the product to keep up with the competition. As long as a small percentage of the fleet has the new F class, they are able to use this as a marketing tool for themselves.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:10 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by HKprince
I think most passengers don't realise how big of an investment this really is. To overhaul the entire fleet will cost billions of dollars. From a financial perspective, this isn't feasible at all. For what? it's not like loads will suffer with the current product. SQ is spending $850mn to upgrade it's 18 A380s. With EK's current ~145 777 in service it doesn't make any sense spending that kind of money for a marginal increase in passenger amenities. It will not generate any additional revenue, if any.

EK makes a big fanfare about it because it is part of their marketing strategy. They have no intention to retrofit the entire fleet, though they must update the product to keep up with the competition. As long as a small percentage of the fleet has the new F class, they are able to use this as a marketing tool for themselves.
The downside to this strategy is that you'll now get the complaints from customers expecting the new F, but getting the current version. If there are only 10 games, there's gonna be a lot of disappointment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.