Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Paid extra legroom seating for Platinums

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid extra legroom seating for Platinums

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
But by roughly the end of the year, all except EK418/419 are on 2 Class A380's. Strange.
Very seasonal route
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: EK Skywards, JL Mileage Bank
Not lowest fares...

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
These seats have never been selectable prior to OLCI. Allowing people to pay a fee to select them seems fair.

I disagree that EK Sees themselves as LCC, free unlimited booze, decent food in Y and a Polaroid photo if you ask nicely (Polaroid photo paper isn't cheap!). The seat selection is unfortunate, but understandable on the lowest fares. The issue is that most fares are Savers these days so it affects a lot of pax.
Yeah, but not just the lowest fares. The quite expensive and profitable to EK Economy Flex Plus fare still requires an extortionate £75/sector, total £150 one way fee even for higher tier Skywards members. Very much not best pleased...
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Tokyobuta
Yeah, but not just the lowest fares. The quite expensive and profitable to EK Economy Flex Plus fare still requires an extortionate £75/sector, total £150 one way fee even for higher tier Skywards members. Very much not best pleased...
?? On Flex and Flex Plus you can select regular seats for free
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:21 am

Programs: EK Skywards, JL Mileage Bank
Exit Row Seats...

?? On Flex and Flex Plus you can select regular seats for free
Sorry if this was not clear ... this is about exit row/extra legroom seats....
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:31 am

Sorry if this was not clear ... this is about exit row/extra legroom seats....
But my comments about lowest fares was about general seat selection
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Before, you could not select the exit row seats at all - now you can select them in advance for a fee if prepared to pay the extra

You now have an option that was not available before
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Before, you could not select the exit row seats at all - now you can select them in advance for a fee if prepared to pay the extra

You now have an option that was not available before
Same time you've lost other options - to select so called now "premium/twin" seats - at the front of aircraft, or upper deck on A380. You could select them before the change, now you can't.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:56 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards, IHG Rewards Club
Actually, I have no idea why "extra legroom" seats are expected to be that better(=expensive). Well, at least for me: lack of window (usually) and less privacy makes them one of the worst.
The best for me are of "twins". Due to enough space under seat in front I'm also able to stretch my legs.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Krzystos
Actually, I have no idea why "extra legroom" seats are expected to be that better(=expensive). Well, at least for me: lack of window (usually) and less privacy makes them one of the worst.
The best for me are of "twins". Due to enough space under seat in front I'm also able to stretch my legs.
I don't care about the winfow and wouldn't be choosing a window seat, but do like the legroom that is provided by the extra legroom seats. I find such seats a lot more confortable to travel in
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, IHG Rewards Club
I had first flights with new rules (paid seat selection) and I must say..it was maybe better then before (probably I was lucky). At time of check-in I was able to select online (for free) twins or window seats in front.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
Originally Posted by ung1
Although I don't fly EK anymore, just received one of their emails about "enhanced" seating options. Yes, everyone charges for seat selection in Y so no surprises there. But a bit shocked to see they want Platinums to pay for extra legroom seats! No discount on that either. Kind of pathetic, really.
Logged onto FT just to rant about this. Paid extra for the exit row on DXB-BLR despite gold status, and found the rows absolutely empty. After take off people moseyed over and spent the rest of the flight in the seats free. Definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.

OT: First post here, long time lurker. Glad to finally post.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by mannimagus
Logged onto FT just to rant about this. Paid extra for the exit row on DXB-BLR despite gold status, and found the rows absolutely empty. After take off people moseyed over and spent the rest of the flight in the seats free. Definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.

You win some, you lose some, but you had certainty.

Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:08 am

You paid for certainty, not exclusivity. They're free at check-in anyway
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
You paid for certainty, not exclusivity. They're free at check-in anyway
I wasn't looking for exclusivity anyway. Just a fair system. And it's not available at check-in because I tried to get it at check-in during my onward leg, and the check-in agent refused to allot them. One of the cabin crew members I was chatting to also confirmed this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
I wasn't looking for exclusivity anyway. Just a fair system. And it's not available at check-in because I tried to get it at check-in during my onward leg, and the check-in agent refused to allot them. One of the cabin crew members I was chatting to also confirmed this.
If these seats are becoming free at check-in time, why didn't they let you have it ? Were they available ( = not occupied) ?
Anybody knows the SOP ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.