Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
McNuggets and fries for F​​​​​​​
I need to try this paired with Dom, you all talk about it even as a joke but there might be something there.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Metanoia
I need to try this paired with Dom, you all talk about it even as a joke but there might be something there.
No joke with is ETs standard operating procedure
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:55 am
Original Poster

As m3red says, et isn't joking
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
A couple months ago I asked the guy about the cigars they have. He gave me some prices and gave no indications that any of the cigars are offered "on the house". I think you have to pay...
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:59 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by vytas315
A couple months ago I asked the guy about the cigars they have. He gave me some prices and gave no indications that any of the cigars are offered "on the house". I think you have to pay...
Thanks! Do you remember any prices? I don't smoke cigars but am curious to know if they are a good deal.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Thanks! Do you remember any prices? I don't smoke cigars but am curious to know if they are a good deal.
I don't smoke cigars often, and buy cigars even less often...so definitely not a great source of info. I think the main range was USD 10-30 per cigar...but I could be off. Definitely a multiple higher than it would be in a store or the duty free, but they are selling them by the piece and I guess it's like buying a beer at the bar!
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
We've purchased a few cigars off Concourse A EK J lounge - their menu & pricing is reasonable when compared to those on offer at bars in Dubai or Abu Dhabi (example - Alfies at Jumeirah Emirates Towers). On the one or two occasions that we've ended up buying cigars in the lounge was when we couldn't be bothered to make the trek down to duty free. The lounge attendants don't really mind if you're buying a cigar off them or bringing your own - usually very kind and hospitable in offering a special cigar ashtray, cutter & matchboxes... (expect to pay in the range of around AED 40 to AED 100 for Romeo & Juliets, Cohibas or Montecristos)
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:39 am

It goes very well - although you do need it plated up with a cloth napkin. A tablecloth is probably overkill.

The best place to do it is ex-SYD as there's a McDonalds about 3 minutes from the gate.

I recommend using the cloth bags in F to store your McDs takeaway bag, and of course, bring some for the crew.

If you take the morning EK418 SYD-AKL, you get the breakfast menu, but I don't think the hashbrowns last well enough until cruising altitude.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
It goes very well - although you do need it plated up with a cloth napkin. A tablecloth is probably overkill.

The best place to do it is ex-SYD as there's a McDonalds about 3 minutes from the gate.

I recommend using the cloth bags in F to store your McDs takeaway bag, and of course, bring some for the crew.

If you take the morning EK418 SYD-AKL, you get the breakfast menu, but I don't think the hashbrowns last well enough until cruising altitude.
Thanks for the tips, but not flying in F anytime soon, unless EK does another 50% off promo, so unfortunately I won't be able to try this. I do have a bottle of P2 sitting in my cellar. Hmm... does McD's charge corkage?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

No wonder you've been avoiding the special meals! Don't think we'll forget!

To be fair I've taken the last 6 or 7 flights off, partially because I forgot. Need to step it up again before they cut more options.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:52 pm

Cheeseburger (albeit from their snack menu, not McD) and Krug on NH F was delightful, so I'm sure other surprisingly pleasant pairings between Dom and fast food exist
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
No wonder you've been avoiding the special meals! Don't think we'll forget!

To be fair I've taken the last 6 or 7 flights off, partially because I forgot. Need to step it up again before they cut more options.
I haven't in EK Y for a few months - I haven't forgotten!
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
Cheeseburger (albeit from their snack menu, not McD) and Krug on NH F was delightful, so I'm sure other surprisingly pleasant pairings between Dom and fast food exist
Fried chicken and champagne (more dry ones, at least) - actually very good!
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:35 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
/O Tangent: Has anyone ever had something 'to go' from onboard? I was recently given a beautiful Pauillac from J to enjoy during my 2 day layover.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla
/O Tangent: Has anyone ever had something 'to go' from onboard? I was recently given a beautiful Pauillac from J to enjoy during my 2 day layover.
- wine
- miniature bottles of spirits
- a lot of voya hand lotion
- playing cards
- earplugs
- chocolates
- 3L of evian
- a lot of cheap EK pens
- phone numbers of crew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.