Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Aquitania
"Aspiring to be a sheikh". Good one. I did not realise that the question was addressed to you, Jackiedada. Not all sheikhs are wealthy and stupid, for your information. I didot realise that the question was addressed to you, Jackiedada.

Call me a snob but I do not care about the fare. I want something, consider it important for me at this point of time - and I get it, no matter what it is - like all of us would do. Equally I can fly in economy class and still enjoy the ride, there is nothing wrong with it.

Thanks for trying to comment on my behalf.
Actually, I wasn't commenting or even trying to comment on your behalf. Apologies if I offended you.
What I was trying to point out is that in most large firms, reservations are typically either handled by secys at a senior level or outsourced to a travel company, who are not really looking to 'save' money by finding the best deal. They have an authorization to book F for certain pax on certain preferred airlines and that is what they will do irrespective of whether the next couple of segments are in J or another airline is offering the same seats at 50% discount. They can't step out of line and create an exception for which they have no authorization - that's simply too much trouble and might even get them into trouble. The sheikh bit was just a little tongue in cheek...
Old Feb 25, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
so... I should look for fully-booked F and J flights, pay for Y and march up to the lounges claiming that I *wanted* to fly F but couldn't because it was not offered or available.

Silly example, but so it goes.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 12:57 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by extramileage
so... I should look for fully-booked F and J flights, pay for Y and march up to the lounges claiming that I *wanted* to fly F but couldn't because it was not offered or available.

Silly example, but so it goes.
Justified if you are ticketed in F but have to fly in the J cabin due to only 2 class aircraft in a particular sector.

I had a similar experience in 2012. I had an F ticket from LGW to DEL (I think). I was told at LGW that the DXB DEL sector was only J ( aircraft change) and was issued with a J boarding pass. I managed to get into the F lounge at DXB. I had my e ticket with me but they knew that I was ticketed in F on the system.
pWei likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Boston lounge?

With perhaps the newest destination, does anyone know the lounge status in BOS? The Emirates site does not have anything listed. Not sure if they have a tie up with a partner lounge - http://www.emirates.com/english/flyi...r_lounges.aspx

Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:59 pm

Apparently the Virgin Atlantic lounge, though it seems to be not set up yet. I should be able to confirm back in 2 weeks. More info on this thread from post #217 onward.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...2014-a-15.html
Old Mar 21, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Thanks! Missed that.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: EK, Shebamiles, BAEC
just flew from boston. as of last week there's no lounge access. they give you a $25 voucher that can be spent in a restaurant in terminal E
Old Mar 23, 2014, 6:22 pm

There is very very little in terms of decent dining in Terminal E. I hope they get this sorted, and soon.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:16 pm

As of now, I can confirm that the Virgin Lounge is indeed operational and available for use by EK pax. Its a small lounge with a selection of salads and a couple of hot items and a cheese selection. Nice and cozy as hardly and EK or VA pax in the lounge at the moment (60 minutes to departure).
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:13 pm

Lounge in BOS?

Hi,

Does anyone know if EK provides lounge access in BOS to its business class passengers? If so, does anyone know if a guest can be admitted to the lounge if the guest is in economy on EK?

Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
You won't be able to guest anybody into the lounge if they are travelling economy.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:37 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Only if you are Gold or Platinum
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:12 pm

First of all, only Golds and Plats are allowed guest privileges.

BTW, the last time I visited the lounge at BOS, the lounge staff had the names of all the pax entitled to lounge access. There is no EK staff at the Virgin lounge - so just by showing your J BP and Skywards Gold/ Plat card, I don't think it is possible to get a guest into the lounge. I can check and confirm this in 2 weeks.

Anyway, you won't miss much if you give the lounge a miss. Last time I went it there were a total of 3 pax in the lounge of which 1 stayed in the loo for most of the time.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: QF, EK
I'm in BOS right now, and no lounge access to Virgin anymore for J passengers on EK. Only a $25 voucher to one of three restaurants in the airport.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Auzzee
I'm in BOS right now, and no lounge access to Virgin anymore for J passengers on EK. ...
One thing I can share is that you aren't missing much, not even the free wi-fi as it is complementary at Logan. Last time I was there in BOS (May), I didn't even bother going there....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.