EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:03 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I think the lounge charges for the showers.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 3:32 am

http://www.executivelounges.com/loun...nge-terminal-3

is the lounge EK uses.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Will Ek eventually get their own lounge in Mumbai like in the old terminal? or are we stuck with the GVK lounge?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by safari_7
Will Ek eventually get their own lounge in Mumbai like in the old terminal? or are we stuck with the GVK lounge?
Last I checked, there were no plans of a dedicated EK lounge at BOM. According to the check-in staff, the GVK F Lounge is really 'nice' - true in some ways but nowhere close to other dedicated outstation lounges at JFK, MAN, CDG, (the ones I have seen..) etc. BTW, the food at the old EK lounge was literally quite 'bad', so at least the food at GVK F lounge is a step-up. Haven't been to the GVK J Lounge (right adjacent), but should be soon as I downgrade to Gold, but can't be too different is my guess.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Thanks for the input ....... Will be at the GVK F lounge tomorrow evening, look forward to it.

Was at the GVK J lounge in April flying KQ- it was pretty spacious. The food was quite dreadful, though.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 1:37 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Emirates Unveils First Dedicated Lounge in Japan

Emirates, a global connector of people and places, today celebrated the opening of its 38th dedicated lounge at Terminal 2 of Narita International Airport. The opening not only showcased Emirates’ premium lounge, but provided a unique opportunity for guests to experience the airline’s on-board food offering on its Japan routes.

http://www.emirates.com/ae/english/a...ounge-in-japan
Old Jun 13, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: Skywards
At least it is fair now:
HND has CDS
NRT the new lounge
Old Jun 13, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
The lounge at kix was pretty awful. Poor given the premium cabins are busy there.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by kuroko
At least it is fair now:
HND has CDS
NRT the new lounge
Hum. This means EK is still to stay at NRT ...
I personally find HND more convenient, and hoped EK will bring the A380 instead of the current 772 at HND and 773 at NRT ... when the A380 will be allowed to land at HND.

Anyway, what "CDS" means ?

EK uses Sakura lounge at HND. I wished FCL/EKPlat could use the outstanding JL FCL lounge.
Anyway, I'll soon visit the revamped HND Sakura lounge. It's seemingly nice.

Quite frankly, EK lounges are the same everywhere. I understand the necessity of the brand standard, but, seriously ..., you don't know where you are anymore. I much prefer using local (major) carrier lounge.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Hum. This means EK is still to stay at NRT ...
I personally find HND more convenient, and hoped EK will bring the A380 instead of the current 772 at HND and 773 at NRT ... when the A380 will be allowed to land at HND.

Anyway, what "CDS" means ?

EK uses Sakura lounge at HND. I wished FCL/EKPlat could use the outstanding JL FCL lounge.
Anyway, I'll soon visit the revamped HND Sakura lounge. It's seemingly nice.

Quite frankly, EK lounges are the same everywhere. I understand the necessity of the brand standard, but, seriously ..., you don't know where you are anymore. I much prefer using local (major) carrier lounge.
Would also prefer the A380. Heard some rumors that it might change next year..

CDS = chauffeur drive service

True. I am also not very into the "EK Lounge Standard" in general
Old Jun 14, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I'm coming into AMS from FRA next week & have 4 1/2 hours before my EK flight. Does the lounge EK uses have showers?? Worse comes to worse I can take one in board after take off but I will actually be flying from JFK-FRA where I have a quick but important breakfast meeting. Then FRA-AMS & AMS DXB so by the time I get to AMS for my EK flight I will NEED that shower. I am thinking about changing my AMS-DXB flight to FRA-DXB but just cuz it's a first flex fare does not mean it's easy - since it's the first coupon EK wants to refund my AMS ticket & sell me a new ticket ex one FRA which I don't really want to do.
I'd just shower at one of the Yotels or at the Hotel Mercure.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:06 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ioto1902
That's what I like. You know you're going to get a decent (perhaps not great) lounge.

You want to use a local lounge? You're welcome to the Escape Lounge at MAN, the BA lounge anywhere, or any of the American lounges. At least you get a good selection of hot and cold food in the EK lounges.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:50 am

Programs: EK Gold, AB Gold, TK Elite, Le Club Accor Platinum, HH Gold
Lounge access for guests as a Gold

Hi everyone! I am travelling tomorrow to PEK via DXB. We are three people flying. I am the only one with status (Gold), although one of my companions will become Silver just after this journey, because she is only 1800 miles away to get Silver (and MAD-DXB-PEK will give her enough miles). Can I invite two people for the J Lounge in DXB, as the benefits say "Lounge access for guests" in plural? Because it later explains "as a Gold member you can enjoy double the benefits with your travelling companion. A friend or family member checked in on your Emirates flight can join you in any eligible lounge across the Emirates network, even if your companion is flying in Economy." It looks like they will only allow one person. Shall I try to invite the non-status passenger and ask for special permission for the one becoming silver in that same leg?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:02 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

You can try, but be ready for a refusal. EK are pretty strict on this. It's only one guest per Gold.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: EK Gold, AB Gold, TK Elite, Le Club Accor Platinum, HH Gold
Well, it is not really a big issue as we do not have a long time between flights (3 hours) and the third person is arriving in a flight one hour after us. I will access with my colleague and, if the third is not allowed to enter, we will profit to go shopping in the duty free. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.