Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Kant1979
Well, it is not really a big issue as we do not have a long time between flights (3 hours) and the third person is arriving in a flight one hour after us. I will access with my colleague and, if the third is not allowed to enter, we will profit to go shopping in the duty free. Thanks!
At DXB it is unlikely to happen especially if a manager is hovering around the desk.

If you want to try and be technical and point them to your interpretation, they may simply go one better and use their ultimate discretion to deny you all access

YMMV depending on how busy they are and your wit and charm, but do remember they have literally heard it all before.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: EK Gold
I was travelling through there yesterday, flying J. The BA Club Lounge is a huge step down from the EK one. Made me realise how spoilt I have become! lol

Food was pretty poor, finding a free seat wasn't easy either - neither being an issue in the EK lounge. Infact I ended up leaving the lounge a bit earlier than I would have, hoping that they might be boarding early, as I would have much preferred to have been in my seat. Unfortunately this wasn't the case, and ended up standing around in the gate for a bit. I don't think I was the only one though, as there were quite a few J pax waiting at the gate too.

Last edited by LE4603; Jun 16, 2015 at 9:34 am
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:31 am

Have they mentioned any new amenities that will be at the EK Lounge. I am curious to see if they will have an F section now?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Have they mentioned any new amenities that will be at the EK Lounge. I am curious to see if they will have an F section now?
Highly unlikely - as said before, it is probable that LHR will conform to the current lounge standards that are rolling out globally (see LGW or BKK for examples). That is, new furniture, new buffet displays, a new water feature perhaps and more power sockets/redesigned business center (as people generally use them for extra seating rather than computer access these days) rather than doing something like having a separate F only area etc. etc.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Highly unlikely - as said before, it is probable that LHR will conform to the current lounge standards that are rolling out globally (see LGW or BKK for examples). That is, new furniture, new buffet displays, a new water feature perhaps and more power sockets/redesigned business center (as people generally use them for extra seating rather than computer access these days) rather than doing something like having a separate F only area etc. etc.
Agree unlikely (and strangely seems to be a common theme amongst the ME3 not to have separate F lounges at outstations!)

Although clearly, if any EK destination in the world warrants a separate F section, this would probably be it
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:03 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
... or any of the American lounges. ...
You are right, but, I was absolutely not thinking of LCC with poor service, uncomfortable stool (can't call it a "seat"), fake lounges, facist TSA and crazy policies (emotional-support animals ...).

Poor you. I'll say a prayer for you tonight.

(second degree)
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Too bad they didn't open it in HND instead. Much more convenient departure flight times on both ends, in my opinion.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Very hot water in DXB Lounge

I can't help but notice that the showers in DXB is very hot no matter how you move the mixer.

Anyone else notice this? Is it due to heater fault, or wrong piping?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:52 am

I've found the same, but only Concourse B (irrespective of the time of year too). Concourse A fares much better, so I generally head there if time permits. Concourse A is full bathroom rather than just a shower in B/C
Old Jun 18, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
In Dubai, in the summer, you actually need a water cooler to produce cold water. Showers connected just to regular water supply will supply hot and hot rather than hot and cold from the two taps. Concourse A, as far as I know, is the only lounge connected to cold water chiller, thus in summer has showers with hot and cold water available. I've tried all 3 lounges (A, B and C) and only A has cold in the summer.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I think the lounge charges for the showers.
They do but not for EK F passengers. The lounge was not bad at all except the 5.2 miles it took to walk there from security. Plenty of space, food was ok, showers and smoking room. I've been in far worse lounges. In fact the worst lounge EK uses IMO is the UA lounge in IAH
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
In fact the worst lounge EK uses IMO is the UA lounge in IAH
Agreed. Wasn't it actually the Continental lounge before the merger?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
They do but not for EK F passengers. The lounge was not bad at all except the 5.2 miles it took to walk there from security. Plenty of space, food was ok, showers and smoking room. I've been in far worse lounges. In fact the worst lounge EK uses IMO is the UA lounge in IAH
Does EK have a reserved space im the lounge for their PAX with upgraded catering? SQ has in the morning. Maybe something for EK to consider for their relatively large clientele.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Originally Posted by UAworldwide
In Dubai, in the summer, you actually need a water cooler to produce cold water. Showers connected just to regular water supply will supply hot and hot rather than hot and cold from the two taps. Concourse A, as far as I know, is the only lounge connected to cold water chiller, thus in summer has showers with hot and cold water available. I've tried all 3 lounges (A, B and C) and only A has cold in the summer.
Good to know. During long connections I'll know where to go.

In any case I would have thought a central cooling unit, should be installed for the entire airport.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by lighthand
In any case I would have thought a central cooling unit, should be installed for the entire airport.
It's 4km from the end of Concourse A to the end of Concourse D. That would be a long way to be pumping chilled water!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.