Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: Emirates
Any updates on a lounge in Boston?

the last post in this thread was in April, I am flying out of Logan in early October is the Virgin lounge still the only option?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cejmcq
the last post in this thread was in April, I am flying out of Logan in early October is the Virgin lounge still the only option?
It's actually not an 'option' which I realized after stepping inside once. EK's lounges have spoiled me, I guess.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
As of today, EK is departing from Terminal C at Logan (arrivals still at E). That makes the walk to the aircraft longer from any lounge.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by kq747
As of today, EK is departing from Terminal C at Logan (arrivals still at E). That makes the walk to the aircraft longer from any lounge.
I think they are buildng a lounge in C. Not sure of its status.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
The terminal c lounge is now listed on the EK website - http://www.emirates.com/us/english/f...r_lounges.aspx
Old Nov 5, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
I belong the lounge is now open and EK flights now depart from terminal c.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jackiedada
As of now, I can confirm that the Virgin Lounge is indeed operational and available for use by EK pax. Its a small lounge with a selection of salads and a couple of hot items and a cheese selection. Nice and cozy as hardly and EK or VA pax in the lounge at the moment (60 minutes to departure).
I understand they only have a few passes ie not enough for all f and j pax and give them to f and j status pax first.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by m3red
I understand they only have a few passes ie not enough for all f and j pax and give them to f and j status pax first.
I don't think they are still using the VS lounge - IMO, no status pax is going to step into that lounge a second time.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
AMS Lounge?

Question from a BA refugee flying EK for the first time.
AMS-DXB-DOH next week, out EK150 on the 77W, back EK147 on 388. Looking at the EK website they don't list a lounge (or even a partner lounge) at AMS? Which seems a bit odd - I'm assuming this is just an omission on the website?
Any info much appreciated on both EK / Schiphol facilities or any other tips on this route for an EK virgin?
Thanks everso in advance...
Old Feb 13, 2015, 7:15 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by majoreyeswater
Question from a BA refugee flying EK for the first time.
AMS-DXB-DOH next week, out EK150 on the 77W, back EK147 on 388. Looking at the EK website they don't list a lounge (or even a partner lounge) at AMS? Which seems a bit odd - I'm assuming this is just an omission on the website?
Any info much appreciated on both EK / Schiphol facilities or any other tips on this route for an EK virgin?
Thanks everso in advance...
The EK lounge in AMS is rubbish. Its one of those shared lounges (run by Servisair-Menzies), lousy food, lousy atmosphere. Upstairs somewhere. I would go to a wine bar or restaurant instead and save yourself the grief. Buy some gouda, wander around, take in the AMS atmosphere.

More details here:
http://www.amsterdamtips.com/tips/sc...rt-lounges.php
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:44 pm

I was given the option to use the Menzies lounge or accept €30 F&B voucher to be used at Schiphol.

I took up the second option as reviews said that the lounge was crap anyway.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:39 am

Programs: EK, JP
Flew EK 148 in F last year. Crappy lounge is the best compliment. You are better off somewhere else in the airport main concourse. The other thing is the walk was a lot to find the lounge.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by eightblack
The EK lounge in AMS is rubbish. Its one of those shared lounges (run by Servisair-Menzies), lousy food, lousy atmosphere. Upstairs somewhere. I would go to a wine bar or restaurant instead and save yourself the grief. Buy some gouda, wander around, take in the AMS atmosphere.

More details here:
http://www.amsterdamtips.com/tips/sc...rt-lounges.php
When did you last visit? The Menzies lounge has since been renovated and is now quite nice, at least bij AMS standards.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 1:37 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
When did you last visit? The Menzies lounge has since been renovated and is now quite nice, at least bij AMS standards.
Exactly! As OP is a BA FF, the Menzies Lounge is located next to the BA lounge and is quite decent...
Old Feb 14, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
Crikey! Looks like - in the interests of the FT community and the greater good - I need to brave the lounge and write a mini TR!
Really appreciate the comments; will report back after the 23rd (or poss on the flight if it has wifi!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.