Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by yupyup63
"F" booked thru JAL is the same as AS which Im assuming doesn't have any Chauffeur service?
Correct - only QF and EK ticket stock qualifies.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:03 am

First 2 1/2 weeks of the trial can be read here.

https://www.licensedtransportuncover...cs-chauffeurs/
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Anyone have any advice or experience in getting EK or the actual chauffeur company to change the city of pick up , it would be fantastic to get them to change it from JNB to CPT as i am flying to JNB from CPT first as it was cheaper and get the A380 from JNB. It would be awesome if it all worked out...
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: Emirates Platinum
Not sure. I know in JNB the company is Bidvest. Haven't used them enough in CPT to know. I find in South Africa they're generally quite rigid.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Anyone have any advice or experience in getting EK or the actual chauffeur company to change the city of pick up , it would be fantastic to get them to change it from JNB to CPT as i am flying to JNB from CPT first as it was cheaper and get the A380 from JNB. It would be awesome if it all worked out...
I would be surprised if they obliged as you're not actually flying EK out of CPT but I guess it never hurts to ask. If you booked as one ticket then they might be more willing to accommodate such a request.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:53 pm

Booked thru JAL (My understanding is no chauffeur service)
JFK-DXB-JNB-CPT-DXB-JFK
For some reason it is showing chauffeur service available (only) on my return at JFK and its allowing me to book. Is it safe to assume I will get it (or they will just cancel without notifying). And it allows 2 cars (we are 2 pass) any way to allow them to use 1 for each way instead?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
CPT and JNB are technically co-terminals so you can change your flight between them without it counting as changing destination. Last time in Joburg it was Avis not Bidvest, however in CPT I don't recall and it may have been Bidvest.

I don't think you'd succeed.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:17 pm

Thanks guys for the info , it is Bidvest in CPT. What you guys reckon contact EK or Bidvest well in advance or try work my magic when the do the confirmation call ? It is a win win for both as they get paid and i get a lift in style to the airport. I will also mention that i more then willing to make a excursion to the relevant counter to sign any document in JNB saying i was there and was in the car to cover the company just in case.

Also i have inputed my address in Cape Town without any issue and read the T&C and it says nothing against what I'm trying to do. Any more advice is highly welcomed
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:32 pm

Little update: Spoke to a very very confused indian chap a few minutes ago about asking weather this was possible or not. In other words it was given the green light from him , but maybe will send a email to get some hard evidence in the form of clarification from EK just to be sure.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by yupyup63
Booked thru JAL (My understanding is no chauffeur service)
JFK-DXB-JNB-CPT-DXB-JFK
For some reason it is showing chauffeur service available (only) on my return at JFK and its allowing me to book. Is it safe to assume I will get it (or they will just cancel without notifying). And it allows 2 cars (we are 2 pass) any way to allow them to use 1 for each way instead?
Were you able to book the CD for your arrival at JFK? In a similar situation and booking shows option to reserve CD only on the return flight DXB-SFO (in fact it shows option to pickup at DXB too, even though our booking is BOM-DXB-SFO). If I try to book it though, it fails with a 'technical error, please try again' message.
In fact in our case, we have two separate bookings (one for 2 pax and another for 1). The one for 2 pax doesn't show the CD option at all, while the one for 1 pax shows it for DXB-SFO only.

I'm pretty sure it is just a technical glitch and the booking won't go through.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: DL DM, UA MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by unicon
Were you able to book the CD for your arrival at JFK? In a similar situation and booking shows option to reserve CD only on the return flight DXB-SFO (in fact it shows option to pickup at DXB too, even though our booking is BOM-DXB-SFO). If I try to book it though, it fails with a 'technical error, please try again' message.
In fact in our case, we have two separate bookings (one for 2 pax and another for 1). The one for 2 pax doesn't show the CD option at all, while the one for 1 pax shows it for DXB-SFO only.

I'm pretty sure it is just a technical glitch and the booking won't go through.
This is my experience as well. I did a booking for F out of JFK using JAL miles. We have two separate reservations. Both show option to book Car Service at JFK and at MXP. Get the technical error every time.

I assume they just haven't bothered to remove that section for partner award booking but have make sure they spent the programming money to make sure the request doesn't go through.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:17 am

Smile

Originally Posted by MRobson
Emirates Manchester chauffeur company, date fixed for 6 week fraud trial.

http://www.licensedtransportuncovere...-car-clocking/
Well done to Dizzymaid, you had your doubters on here, (the Emirates can do no wrong brigade.)

What will be the fall out? We will wait & see. Should be interesting though.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by MRobson
Well done to Dizzymaid, you had your doubters on here, (the Emirates can do no wrong brigade.)

What will be the fall out? We will wait & see. Should be interesting though.
What has this got to do with EK other than the fact they engaged the services of a subcontractor which turned out to engage in potentially fraudulent activities?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:04 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
What has this got to do with EK other than the fact they engaged the services of a subcontractor which turned out to engage in potentially fraudulent activities?
Indeed, and a number of posts from DizzyMaid/MRobson (they seem to be the same person) have already been removed from this thread. Anybody would think they have something to gain
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Indeed, and a number of posts from DizzyMaid/MRobson (they seem to be the same person) have already been removed from this thread. Anybody would think they have something to gain
Quite.

Any half-perceptive poster would have sensed the usefulness of their post (or the lack thereof) by the number of replies (or the lack thereof), but that doesn't seem to stop some people from happily marching on with their crusade regardless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.