Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:37 am

What cars do they use at Birmingham
Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by DizzyMaid
What cars do they use at Birmingham
See Post #1.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by ft101
See Post #1.
I thought that might have changed in the last day.

Thanks.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:07 am

BHX cars

Just picked up in a new Mercedes S Class for EK040.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Henry12
Just picked up in a new Mercedes S Class for EK040.
Please mention cabin as well. J or F?

Main post updated.
Thanks btw.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by murtaza12
Please mention cabin as well. J or F?

Main post updated.
Thanks btw.
BHX does not have F service yet - it commences 01 Aug until 31 Dec.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:45 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
BHX does not have F service yet - it commences 01 Aug until 31 Dec.
Sorry in J no F yet!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Main post updated.
Thanks everyone.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Is there an extra charge for the Mercedes Van from LGW into central London? There are 3 of us arriving in J, and would prefer to go in the same vehicle. Not sure all our luggage will fit in an E class.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by MosquesAndKebabs
Is there an extra charge for the Mercedes Van from LGW into central London? There are 3 of us arriving in J, and would prefer to go in the same vehicle. Not sure all our luggage will fit in an E class.
No extra charge, I use the Viano often from LGW - are you all on the same itinerary? If you are arriving into LGW, you may want to give EK a call to place a note on your booking to request the Viano as they won't be calling you beforehand to confirm. They generally assign the cars by the number of people on an itinerary and the amount of baggage (pieces and weight information which is sent down to them), so if it looks like you could all fit in one or two cars, they may do that instead, unless there are reservation notes.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
No extra charge, I use the Viano often from LGW - are you all on the same itinerary? If you are arriving into LGW, you may want to give EK a call to place a note on your booking to request the Viano as they won't be calling you beforehand to confirm. They generally assign the cars by the number of people on an itinerary and the amount of baggage (pieces and weight information which is sent down to them), so if it looks like you could all fit in one or two cars, they may do that instead, unless there are reservation notes.
Thanks eternaltransit.

The first person I spoke to at EK had me confused. She advised me to book 2 cars as she claimed the Viano can't be guaranteed and because we are on 2 different reservations. She also said there would be an extra charge (didn't mention how much).

So I called again. The second person took all of 30 seconds to place a note to request a Viano for 3 people with 4 pieces of luggage, and also asked me for the other PNR so she can add that too.

I have another doubt. For the return trip, there will be 4 of us (2 in J, 2 in Y). Will there be any problem taking the Y pax along for the ride to Heathrow? I've booked 2 cars for this.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by MosquesAndKebabs
Thanks eternaltransit.

The first person I spoke to at EK had me confused. She advised me to book 2 cars as she claimed the Viano can't be guaranteed and because we are on 2 different reservations. She also said there would be an extra charge (didn't mention how much).

So I called again. The second person took all of 30 seconds to place a note to request a Viano for 3 people with 4 pieces of luggage, and also asked me for the other PNR so she can add that too.

I have another doubt. For the return trip, there will be 4 of us (2 in J, 2 in Y). Will there be any problem taking the Y pax along for the ride to Heathrow? I've booked 2 cars for this.
Calling and trying again is a good strategy with EK over the phone Essentially, all the agents can do at the call center is put notes on bookings and reservations, as chauffeur drive is handled locally about 24-72 hours before departure/arrival by the EK station staff on the ground - that's why the agents can't make guarantees for you. However, once a request has gone on the booking I have never had it not fulfilled, so I would not worry.

No problem re: Y pax in the car, although it is technically at the discretion of the company/driver, but I have never had any issues. In fact I don't even mention it to the driver and they also never mention it: as long as there is enough space in the vehicles then you should be fine.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 8:17 pm

Several months ago, Alaska stopped displaying award flights for EK F. People who booked these flights reported that Emirates specifically refused to give chauffeurs for these passengers. Now that Alaska miles can be used to book EK F online again, has that changed?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Several months ago, Alaska stopped displaying award flights for EK F. People who booked these flights reported that Emirates specifically refused to give chauffeurs for these passengers. Now that Alaska miles can be used to book EK F online again, has that changed?
Unfortunately, chauffeur drive is not available for AS reward flights or indeed any partner redemptions apart from QF, see the Terms and Conditions here, point 4:

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...onditions.aspx
Old Apr 17, 2015, 2:59 am

I am new on the Emirates forum, so am sure this questions will have been asked before, however..............

If I arrive in J/F in Duabi late evening and choose to stay at an airport hotel for that first night, does manage my booking allow the pickup chauffeur to be booked for the following morning to take us to our hotel?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.