Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:49 am

What is available in BLR? Arriving in C, departing in F.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by malgudi
60km FOC. Additional 10km (max) chargeable.

http://www.emirates.com/english/flyi...eur-drive.aspx
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question LGW departing in F

Leaving on EK10 in the next 2 weeks. Can I expect a Mercedes S class based around reasonble luggage - 2 persons travelling , 1 car requested.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:44 am

Sorry if my post wasn't clear ... I was curious what car(s) they were using in BLR.

Originally Posted by ft101
60km FOC. Additional 10km (max) chargeable.

http://www.emirates.com/english/flyi...eur-drive.aspx
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Duplicated

Last edited by subject2load; Feb 11, 2015 at 8:42 am
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by col747uk
Leaving on EK10 in the next 2 weeks. Can I expect a Mercedes S class based around reasonble luggage - 2 persons travelling , 1 car requested.
It's possible - but by no means certain.

So much will depend on availability and other CD take-up on the day. At LGW in F I was once given a Merc E class and although I was travelling solo, there would have been more than enough space for 2 pax + luggage.

I usually end up chatting to the driver for the whole journey and tbh (as long as the car is clean & comfortable) I'm not that fussed on the exact model etc......

Ps : references to S class in recent posts relate, I think, mostly to the range of S class Mercs being used exclusively for IO's at DXB.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold
Just to add that if you have booked your car online in the UK, Emirates will not give you a call to confirm your pick-up beforehand unlike Etihad, you just have to assume all is well!!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by chelseastu
Just to add that if you have booked your car online in the UK, Emirates will not give you a call to confirm your pick-up beforehand unlike Etihad, you just have to assume all is well!!
In all the many, many times I have had chauffeur pick up in the UK, I have always been called 24-48 hours beforehand to confirm - every time I have booked this via MMB...most recently was two weeks ago.

I have not, however, flown out of NCL, so I can't comment about service out of that station!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:17 pm

Always had a phone call the day before - not from EK but from the chauffeur company - when leaving from GLA.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:18 pm

Ok thats got me worried. I phoned up Emirates and they said the Chauffeur is booked for tomorrow. I asked them why no-one had called to confirm and they said that their chauffeurs never phone in advance. Is there a way I can call the chauffeur direct to check?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:23 pm

The chauffeur driver never calls individually, but the company, Carey, does call in advance. I haven't got the number they use to call in on me unfortunately!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:30 pm

Found the number of the hire company and they didnt have my booking despite me booking online AND confirming with Emirates direct. They are trying to sort me out a car.....Great First class service...NOT!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:31 pm

Ok thats got me worried. I phoned up Emirates and they said the Chauffeur is booked for tomorrow. I asked them why no-one had called to confirm and they said that their chauffeurs never phone in advance. Is there a way I can call the chauffeur direct to check?
Where are you leaving from? There are some numbers in the first post of this thread.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:35 pm

Thanks thats where I got them from. Leaving from Gatwick....
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Sorry man. No info on BLR right now.
However, it would make a great addition to the thread, when you arrive (and depart from) there, please note the model of the car so I can update the thread. Do try and find out what chauffeur company EK is using in BLR so I can update the contact info as well.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by col747uk
You CAN expect. No guarantees.
What did the chauffeur company say?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.