Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Class of Service: J
Car Service: Mercedes C-Class.

Talked to the driver, and Emirates apparently has a contract with a local car-service provider, who specially maintains a fleet of cars for Emirates. The car that I was on had Emirates logo, and the word 'Emirates' written on it, on the back window of the car!
Thanks!
Main post updated.

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
You only had a crazy driver in DXB...once?!

To add to your list: LGW in J - Mercedes Viano Van on arrival, as baggage manifest at the chauffeur desk showed 4x105...
No advance request made for that vehicle. I think I would have got a E-class otherwise.
Thank you.
OP updated.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:13 am

service provider in SFO

I'm arriving in SFO with a lot of luggage. Just want to make sure they will give us a big enough vehicle - otherwise I have to ask my brother to come pick me up.
Any idea if there is a number I can call as soon as I land in SFO to check what vehicle they'll be providing me? Calling Emirates has not been helpful.

Does SFO if even have something similar to the Merc Viano?

Thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by stanguy
I'm arriving in SFO with a lot of luggage. Just want to make sure they will give us a big enough vehicle - otherwise I have to ask my brother to come pick me up.
Any idea if there is a number I can call as soon as I land in SFO to check what vehicle they'll be providing me? Calling Emirates has not been helpful.

Thanks.
EK centrally won't be the ones organising the booking - they leave that to outstations to organise the day before your arrival: they will have your baggage details from the manifest (pieces and weight) and should give you a vehicle appropriate to the baggage checked-in. You may get a better response from the local SFO office regarding what company they use/vehicle types.

FWIW I did have a GMC Yukon full size SUV arriving IAD in J the other month with 3 pcs of baggage.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
I had a Mercedes Viano in Cyprus (J class). Don't know the company name.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Chauffeur car in SFO

Originally Posted by stanguy

Thanks.
They choose the car according to the number of passengers and baggage (weight/pcs).

I was travelling to Dubai in J, had more baggage than I usually bring, they assigned a Mercedes Viano instead of the Volvo V70.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:21 am

My experience in London has been different. Based on multiple trips, when travelling to/from LHR I have usually had a Mercedes S-class (traveling in F), and to and from LGW a Mercedes E-class.

At Tokyo Haneda, they usually use a comfortable minivan, made by Toyota I believe (I will check the model next time I travel there).
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Chauffeur car (EK)

Originally Posted by eutow
My experience in London has been different. Based on multiple trips, when travelling to/from LHR I have usually had a Mercedes S-class (traveling in F), and to and from LGW a Mercedes E-class.

At Tokyo Haneda, they usually use a comfortable minivan, made by Toyota I believe (I will check the model next time I travel there).
I'd appreciate that, thanks.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Class of Service: First
Car: Some kind of Volvo station wagon
Old Nov 5, 2014, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Chauffeur car

Originally Posted by apodo77
That's odd, they should have used a Mercedes E-Class for First.
I guess it also depends on the Membership type (Blue, Silver, Gold etc).
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by murtaza12
That's odd, they should have used a Mercedes E-Class for First.
I guess it also depends on the Membership type (Blue, Silver, Gold etc).
It was an AS award ticket. Not sure that makes a difference.
No biggie if it was supposed to be a fancier ride.
Did notice a lot of Mercedes around.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:49 am

It was an AS award ticket. Not sure that makes a difference.
No biggie if it was supposed to be a fancier ride.
Did notice a lot of Mercedes around.
Probably depending on what's assigned at the time and how bothered agents are. I flew into DXB in F as Platinum and still got one of the Volvos. The S500 Mercedes are reserved for iO still I think?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:22 pm

Car: Mercedes 4 door (C series maybe?..forgot to look)

Driver was 30 minutes late. Had to have the concierge at hotel call on my behalf after :10 had passed the pickup time. Driver claimed he was there at 18:15 (pick up was 18:30) and he left when we no showed. We were downstairs at 18:10 and the staff was looking out for the car.

Not a big deal but an apology would have been nice (he didn't offer one). Two other passengers were picked up by Volvo's while we were waiting.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
C class for F pickup at DXB?
Old Nov 8, 2014, 1:36 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jackiedada
C class for F pickup at DXB?
Its not a C class but an E class saloon, been in it before.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Chauffeur car

Driver was 30 minutes late. Had to have the concierge at hotel call on my behalf after :10 had passed the pickup time. Driver claimed he was there at 18:15 (pick up was 18:30) and he left when we no showed. We were downstairs at 18:10 and the staff was looking out for the car.

Not a big deal but an apology would have been nice (he didn't offer one). Two other passengers were picked up by Volvo's while we were waiting.
That sucks... the EK driver usually comes pretty early for me (in DXB).

Pickup time for my flight was 11:15 AM, the driver comes at 10:45.
Another time it was 12:00 AM, he was at my doorstep at 11:30 PM.
Never had a late driver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.