Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
Emirates brings back free chauffeur drive service

Emirates has reversed a decision to suspend its complimentary chauffeur drive service for first class and business class passengers until April 2021.
“In response to the latest developments in travel restrictions and customer demand around the world and for the safety of our passengers, Emirates Chauffeur Drive service was temporarily suspended," an Emirates spokesperson tells Executive Traveller.

"The safety of our customers is always our top priority and after a full review with our service providers, we are pleased to resume Emirates Chauffeur Drive Services from July 1st. Any further updates will be announced when available. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.”

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...-drive-service
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
EK has just come back at this decision.

Effective 1jul CDD CDA is available again. All previous bookings will automatically be reinstated (if IT does its work!)
Great inside knowledge. Glad the 'rumour/rumor" is now fact.

IFMTY - Do you happen to know next week's lotto numbers?
Old Jun 2, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: Some
Great news and glad EK have done the right thing here, but the fact that they made the decision to ditch it for a year in the first place has frankly changed my perception of EK quite a bit (I had always thought of EK as commercially more sophisticated than the other ME carriers, but in reality they are clearly a lot more "shoot first, ask questions later" than I thought). To me, it was fairly obvious that Chauffeur Drive is a even more important differentiation for EK in a COVID-19 world and that they'd be insane to ditch it right now. Particularly when certain carriers (e.g. QR) are actively trying to use the current situation to grab market share and J passengers from them.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Great news and glad EK have done the right thing here, but the fact that they made the decision to ditch it for a year in the first place has frankly changed my perception of EK quite a bit (I had always thought of EK as commercially more sophisticated than the other ME carriers, but in reality they are clearly a lot more "shoot first, ask questions later" than I thought). To me, it was fairly obvious that Chauffeur Drive is a even more important differentiation for EK in a COVID-19 world and that they'd be insane to ditch it right now. Particularly when certain carriers (e.g. QR) are actively trying to use the current situation to grab market share and J passengers from them.
Agreed. I’ve put in a status match request with QR. If it’s accepted, I’ll at least try them when I can for the first time in many, many years. I understand these are unprecedented times, and expected some changes, but I found the CD one strange.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican
Agreed. I’ve put in a status match request with QR. If it’s accepted, I’ll at least try them when I can for the first time in many, many years. I understand these are unprecedented times, and expected some changes, but I found the CD one strange.
I’d say good for EK acknowledging that they made a mistake in their original decision and are now reinstating the service again!

Not all is perfect at QR either, particularly on the ground, just thinking about their massive devaluation of their FFP without any notice a year ago.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:33 pm

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by Wanderlust_65
I’d say good for EK acknowledging that they made a mistake in their original decision and are now reinstating the service again!

Not all is perfect at QR either, particularly on the ground, just thinking about their massive devaluation of their FFP without any notice a year ago.
Yeah, probably QR isn’t all that. But it’s the first time in maybe six or seven years I’ve considered an alternative that I didn’t have to. I didn’t think EK was perfect before and I still flew with them almost exclusively.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 8:26 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
No all we need is a confirmation on the reopening of the lounges!
mjmal51, Bouncingsouls and BadoRas like this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Does anyone have experience with arranging an early pickup to JFK? Is it similar to SFO where they contact you to confirm pickup time?
Old Jun 8, 2020, 12:01 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone have experience with arranging an early pickup to JFK? Is it similar to SFO where they contact you to confirm pickup time?
They usually send a text message about 2-3 days before the flight, that takes you to an online form to confirm pickup time, address etc. I believe there's an option to have them call you on that form if you want to make changes. Or you can just call them, I'm just not sure how they deal with early pickups though. I'm sure EK would take care of it for an iO though! The CD provider at JFK is Addison Lee.
iFlyMoreThanYou likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by S.R
They usually send a text message about 2-3 days before the flight, that takes you to an online form to confirm pickup time, address etc. I believe there's an option to have them call you on that form if you want to make changes. Or you can just call them, I'm just not sure how they deal with early pickups though. I'm sure EK would take care of it for an iO though! The CD provider at JFK is Addison Lee.
Thanks - haven't flown since getting iO (let alone in J) so not sure what exactly is possible. Will report back. FWIW, I've done this at SFO, HND, SIN and DXB (as a platinum, if that makes any difference) without issue. At DXB they'll even let you have the building across T3 as a destination
Old Jun 9, 2020, 2:18 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
How early are you talking?
I had a pickup at JFK arranged for 5 hours before departure time, as i was meeting a friend at airport who was departing before me.
I cant remember exactly how i did that, but i think i just called the gold line and they edited my pickup time.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 9:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
How early are you talking?
I had a pickup at JFK arranged for 5 hours before departure time, as i was meeting a friend at airport who was departing before me.
I cant remember exactly how i did that, but i think i just called the gold line and they edited my pickup time.
12 hours before
Old Jun 9, 2020, 11:40 am
S.R

12 hours before
Oof, 12 hours at JFK sounds like a nightmare LOL. Wonder if EK keeps the lounge open during the day anymore
BadoRas likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by S.R
Oof, 12 hours at JFK sounds like a nightmare LOL. Wonder if EK keeps the lounge open during the day anymore
Going early to get a free meal

I was actually planning to check out early in the morning and take a day room at the TWA hotel.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 9:23 pm
S.R

Going early to get a free meal

I was actually planning to check out early in the morning and take a day room at the TWA hotel.
Ah ok, it’s a really cool place. The views from the pool area are great:

iFlyMoreThanYou likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.