Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So THATS what I/O looks like

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:44 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by g5_pilot
thats not true. my wife hit 850,000 miles last year with J and F class. and her boss was shy of 1 million. They both never made it to I/O.

The target is set at 1 Million and above.

50 sectors first and business
its nothing to do with tier miles
Old Jun 19, 2013, 3:44 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by m3red
its nothing to do with tier miles
Tier miles possibly play a role in renewals???. AFAIK there are members who were I/P's and now have been downgraded to platinum??
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:37 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

You get the io card for 2 years. I would agree that travel patterns and tier miles play a role in renewals ( as they do in getting the card in the first place) if you travel alot less or lost the job you had then quite possible you move down to platinum.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Tier miles possibly play a role in renewals???. AFAIK there are members who were I/P's and now have been downgraded to platinum??
Its all about $$$ spend, as my contact at EK told me and he knows the program inside and out as part of his role.

No idea about what they do after 2 years. The same person told me platinum was 150k miles a few months before it was announced.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:35 am

Well according to the EK person in charge of the programme, he used to run premier at BA, it is a combination of factors. Clearly seniority in a company and so ability to influence travel is important. But I know a fair number of bankers who have io cards who travel alot but don't influence the travel of others, for example.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Havoc10G
Well according to the EK person in charge of the programme, he used to run premier at BA, it is a combination of factors. Clearly seniority in a company and so ability to influence travel is important. But I know a fair number of bankers who have io cards who travel alot but don't influence the travel of others, for example.
I'm positive there is no hard and fast rules in reality but the main criteria was spend/influence spend.

I wonder what the op up rate is for I/Os vs plats!
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:56 am

Agree with that. On op up's, at least in theory, it should be io then plat then gold etc. My own experience of op up is pretty decent amount ESP on busy routes like SIN or LHR. Most of the station managers are very focussed on the io from the moment you check in until they hand the problem to the purser! When chatting to cabin crew a few don't want the io headache because downside of getting it wrong cancels any upside from a positive review. Contrary to some people's views most io's travel in J not F as few companies these days allow F travel.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:08 am

Programs: EK GOld, A-CLUB GOLD, SPG PLAT.
agree with the headache of getting the product wrong with i/o's. Flew on a sector KWI to DXB - i/o passenger next to me complained to the purser that the Landing was not within EK limits - report was made. so everytime they complain message gets reverted to headquarters. recently flew from PEK to DXB - I/o on board, baggage tags were ready and they were all prepared for the passenger from check-in to boarding aircraft. back to M3red's comment tier miles does play a factor as i said its a combination of tier miles/ travel spends, corp status, influence on travel etc. they dont simply just hand these cards out becuz ur gonna make it on your on travel plan spending 100-200 thousand USD a year.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:13 am

agree with the headache of getting the product wrong with i/o's. Flew on a sector KWI to DXB - i/o passenger next to me complained to the purser that the Landing was not within EK limits - report was made. so everytime they complain message gets reverted to headquarters. recently flew from PEK to DXB - I/o on board, baggage tags were ready and they were all prepared for the passenger from check-in to boarding aircraft. back to M3red's comment tier miles does play a factor as i said its a combination of tier miles/ travel spends, corp status, influence on travel etc. they dont simply just hand these cards out becuz ur gonna make it on your on travel plan spending 100-200 thousand USD a year.
This, not tier miles. And that's from within EK.

Some posters on here claim 850/1 million tier miles and not I/O.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
i/o passenger next to me complained to the purser that the Landing was not within EK limits - report was made.
Hopefully I/O benefits include psychiatric visits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.