Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So THATS what I/O looks like

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Or maybe it's all F, but you are still looking at 20 odd round trips!!!
OP said J, which is probably why the person isn't IO. That's likely on average 120 sectors in J, which by EK standards might not add up to 50 sectors in F. What's more, the OP might be referring to total redeemable miles, not just tier miles.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by ung1
OP said J, which is probably why the person isn't IO. That's likely on average 120 sectors in J, which by EK standards might not add up to 50 sectors in F. What's more, the OP might be referring to total redeemable miles, not just tier miles.
You are right. I did'nt see the J bit.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Not all routes offer F. If you regular fly a route which is 2 class and you're in J (ie you're travelling in the highest travel class for your route), you'd hope EK would look to do something.

EK desperately need another earning tier above Gold for the real FFers. You can make Gold from the UK doing 3 UK > Asia returns in J which is ridiculous
Old Nov 22, 2011, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by WouldLoveToFlyFirst
Not all routes offer F. If you regular fly a route which is 2 class and you're in J (ie you're travelling in the highest travel class for your route), you'd hope EK would look to do something.

EK desperately need another earning tier above Gold for the real FFers. You can make Gold from the UK doing 3 UK > Asia returns in J which is ridiculous
I thought they had and that is why we are talking about IOs
Old Nov 22, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
No, because iO is an unpublished tier that does not give you the right to gain the status. There are pax with 300k-400k tier that are not iO, so are pax with zero or very little tier miles that are iO (those CEOs that have a private jet and dictate the travel policy of their corporations)
Old Nov 22, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Yes, that's why I said earning tier, not invitational tier
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by WouldLoveToFlyFirst
Yes, that's why I said earning tier, not invitational tier
Fair point there, I should have been paying more attention
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Earning tier would be excellent!
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:10 pm

Xxxxx

Last edited by jiggyjig; Nov 25, 2012 at 6:18 pm
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:18 pm

the IO chauffer drive

I was in DXB last week and found out 2-3 Range Rovers with an IO stickers , standing outside the First/Business chauffer driven cars area.

FInd the attached picture for the picture. [http://ow.ly/i/mOoQ]
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:54 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by GigoloArt
Thats very interesting. Can you try to find out more? So he is Gold but they do exceptions in the process?
AFAIK this is requested by station managers for their top flyers by spend It is at the discretion of EK management to grant it at HQ or not. And they are extremely stingy with this unpublished benefit.
Again AFAIK this benefit is granted to a select person (maybe 2) in organisations with large corporate contracts with EK. I dont know of a case where an individual has been given this benefit based on his/her flying pattern with EK.

A colleague in the UK once told me this is is also done on a flight by flight basis for a slightly wider range of people upon request. But either way, the number (of non I/Os )who get this benefit are extremely limited

Last edited by rathin100; Dec 7, 2011 at 11:07 am
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Exec GGL CCR, Emirates Skywards Platinum
By sectors, do you mean 2 flights, because thats how EK calculates it.

Regards,

rk388
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by rk388
By sectors, do you mean 2 flights, because thats how EK calculates it.

Regards,

rk388
I always thought a sector was one single flight. At least when Skywards had tiers based on sectors flown, that's how they calculated it.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Exec GGL CCR, Emirates Skywards Platinum
I always thought a sector was one single flight. At least when Skywards had tiers based on sectors flown, that's how they calculated it.
I'm not so sure, as when I was last at the skywards desk in the FCL, they said I had 27 First Class and 4 Business Class flights (Which were 2 BOM-LHR returns) this year and any connections via DXB counted as one flight. Also, I know for certain, I have flown more than 27 sectors in first this year.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: QF, LH, AF, EK, HGP, LHW
Sorry for the slow reply, I've been out of action for a while.

Originally Posted by ELITEGOLDTRAVELLER
Hi JOBU,

Access to F Lounge or F Lounge in DXB???

All Golds have access to all outstation EK Lounges(AFAIK only HKG can be an hit or miss if you are in Y though). The only exception is the F Lounge in DXB where access is strictly limited to F Pax's or I/O or VIP's. This policy is very stringent & is adhered too irrespective of how many tier miles you do in EK J on a yearly basis.

So there is something missing in what your colleague told u as far as I can see it. or he/she is a VIP.

Safe Flying

EGT
F lounge in DXB. He works for me, but does alot of travel with EK as you can imagine.

Originally Posted by eightblack
Crikey, 700K in J (I'm assuming you mean 700,000 tier miles). This seems a horrendous amount and I would have thought that anyone who was doing that sort of volume/amount, would have to come up on the radar to someone within EK.

SIN-LHR return in J is 21,000 tier miles. That's 33 round-trips in a year!
Yes tier miles not BIS miles. Regular flights between Canada and Australia via Dubai.

Originally Posted by rathin100
AFAIK this is requested by station managers for their top flyers by spend It is at the discretion of EK management to grant it at HQ or not. And they are extremely stingy with this unpublished benefit.
Again AFAIK this benefit is granted to a select person (maybe 2) in organisations with large corporate contracts with EK. I dont know of a case where an individual has been given this benefit based on his/her flying pattern with EK.

A colleague in the UK once told me this is is also done on a flight by flight basis for a slightly wider range of people upon request. But either way, the number (of non I/Os )who get this benefit are extremely limited
Correct. A regional manager gave him this perk. Actually a decent perk given the DXB J lounge is a dump.

Last edited by JOBU; Mar 26, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.