Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Economy class. It's not bad!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2011, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by ung1
*with the caveat of a day flight, mid haul, with no seat neighbor

I'd say that 84E is the best seat then on the A380, with the caveat of it being the BKK-HKG sector, you already having eaten in the lounge and the rest of the center section being empty.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: DL PM
Don't mean to hijack but my questions don't seem worthy of a new thread here. I have flown Y on EK from DAM-DXB and it was very cramped but the service and food were both good. My question is, does the DXB-AMM-DXB sell out fairly quickly as I would like to wait to book my tkt that will be for mid-Oct.? Also, are the seats in J quite a bit more comfortable on this route? I've flown biz on EK from LAX-DXB and it was a great deal more comfortable than econ. It is less than a 3hr flt and a huge price difference(though I will get a bigger bonus being a new Skywards member for the J tkt). Thx
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:40 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Jac747
Don't mean to hijack but my questions don't seem worthy of a new thread here. I have flown Y on EK from DAM-DXB and it was very cramped but the service and food were both good. My question is, does the DXB-AMM-DXB sell out fairly quickly as I would like to wait to book my tkt that will be for mid-Oct.? Also, are the seats in J quite a bit more comfortable on this route? I've flown biz on EK from LAX-DXB and it was a great deal more comfortable than econ. It is less than a 3hr flt and a huge price difference(though I will get a bigger bonus being a new Skywards member for the J tkt). Thx
The AMM sector is very seasonal. Gets jam packed around religious and school holidays and summer times.

The route is served with varying equipment from two to three class 773, 772, 77W and 332. For the exception of the 773 the rest all sport the old J recliners and not worth it in my opinion for a 3 hr flight.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 5:08 am
Koc

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Come on, get real. EK Y is only superior when it comes to in-flight entertainment, but that is it.

The seats are more cramped than with most competitors (esp. Gulf airlines like QR or EY, but even European airlines -- who puts 10 seats across on a B777???). Service is hit-and-miss, and crew members are often disengaged and just waiting for the chat hours in the galley.
Their ICE is great! But, I can only compare with those I have flown myself. Compared with most US and European carriers, I think EK really sticks out.

As already stated, I can agree in their hit-and-miss service. On a recent FRA-DXB I had a very good first impression of product as a whole. A DXB-DAC leg same day, felt like an entire different carrier (Perhaps a less prioritized route): Older AC, old seats, disengaged service, not ICE etc.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
The seats are more cramped than with most competitors (esp. Gulf airlines like QR or EY, but even European airlines -- who puts 10 seats across on a B777???).
Air France, Air New Zealand and Etihad also have 10 across in Y on a B777.
Many airlines have only 0.5 inch wider seats so no big deal. The aisles are definitely narrower to make up for 10 seats across but the hard product in general is not bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.