Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2012, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

The Newbie Lounge is a place where you can get answers to your questions about Emirates and the Skywards program. No question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and anything about Emirates you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask, you can ask here.

We realize that FlyerTalk is a huge place. Until you learn your way around, feel free to post here without fear of retribution or reprimands for not using search. Our volunteer Moderators will be monitoring the lounge to assist you in finding your answers but I think you'll find that all members of FlyerTalk are here to assist you with answers and advice.

We're all glad you are here.
/Emirates Skywards Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Just head to the chauffeur drive area; the lounge is just there.

Don't think of it as a lounge, though... More a "nice waiting room".
Old Apr 28, 2012, 3:06 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dogsrock
Apologies if this has been asked before but nothing came up on search.

I am flying back from BNE on EK435 on the 6th May, arriving in the UK via Dubai on EK001 on the 7th. I am using the chauffeur drive service to get home from Heathrow and understand that there is a "lounge" for me to use on arrival. Could someone give me directions to the lounge from Terminal 3 customs. Thanks very much.

My flights down here - EK004 and 434 were excellent, service delivery, in all ways, was very impressive.

Thank you.
Well like Wozza2404 said its not really a lounge per se (although prob better than some other airline lounges I've been in).

As you clear customs and duty free walk straight ahead past the kiosks on the left and just before you reach the end, the EK Chauffeur lounge is on your left hand side. They have coffee/tea and some snacks.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:12 am

Tier miles and other

Sorry if this has been asked before I did have a quick scan but coulnd't see, can someone explain the tier miles and skywards miles thing to me, are they one and the same thing?

I'm travelling Manchester - Singapore, Singapore - Brisbane, Brisbane - Auckland and Auckland back to Manchester, how many miles wil this give me to use? I'm hoping to travel next Easter, when I put in random dates in September it gives me a price of about 3500 but if I put in January 2013 it jumps to about 4500, any ideas why?

Then the second question is how many miles would I need for a Kuala Lumpur to Manchester upgrade on the cheapest ticket? My employer pays for this trip but only the cheapest?

Thanks

Jo
Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: EK Siver, Dusit Gold, Cycling Proficiency Test, Tufty Club Member and Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Tier miles build you up from Blue to Silver to Gold status

Skyward miles get you the reward flights and upgrades

Jan 13 is summer down under - hence higher fares

You'll find the upgrade miles requirement and the miles earned on the skywards web site
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:07 pm
Moderator: Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jodieh12
Sorry if this has been asked before I did have a quick scan but coulnd't see, can someone explain the tier miles and skywards miles thing to me, are they one and the same thing?

I'm travelling Manchester - Singapore, Singapore - Brisbane, Brisbane - Auckland and Auckland back to Manchester, how many miles wil this give me to use? I'm hoping to travel next Easter, when I put in random dates in September it gives me a price of about 3500 but if I put in January 2013 it jumps to about 4500, any ideas why?

Then the second question is how many miles would I need for a Kuala Lumpur to Manchester upgrade on the cheapest ticket? My employer pays for this trip but only the cheapest?

Thanks

Jo
Jodieh12

Welcome to FT and the EK Forum.

For information regarding Tier Miles, visit this link on the Skywards website
http://www.skywards.com/Member_Benefits.aspx?SkinID=2

and for information regarding Skywards Miles, use this one
http://www.skywards.com/Member_benefits.aspx?SkinID=1

How many miles you earn will depend on whether you buy a Flex or Saver fare. The website will tell you when you search what fare is being displayed.
Old May 1, 2012, 4:34 am

Emirates Business Class Lounge at Dubai

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows what the 'nominal' fee to use the Timeless spa at the Business Class Lounge in Dubai Airport is?

Thanks.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:12 am
Zol

Originally Posted by RJA321
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows what the 'nominal' fee to use the Timeless spa at the Business Class Lounge in Dubai Airport is?

Thanks.
It varies based on what treatment type and length you choose
Old May 2, 2012, 12:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by khalid26
It varies based on what treatment type and length you choose
How long is the complimentary spa treatment at the first class lounge? And what treatments are considered complimentary?
Old May 3, 2012, 9:38 pm

Red face Upgrade to business class

My husband and I are flying from Sydney to Manchester in a few weeks. I am a skywards silver member and have upgraded us to business class from Dubai to Manchester with my skywards points. We still have to fly economy from Sydney to Dubai-boo hoo!
Any tips for blagging a free upgrade for the rest of the journey?
Old May 4, 2012, 2:05 am
Moderator: Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mardinsw
My husband and I are flying from Sydney to Manchester in a few weeks. I am a skywards silver member and have upgraded us to business class from Dubai to Manchester with my skywards points. We still have to fly economy from Sydney to Dubai-boo hoo!
Any tips for blagging a free upgrade for the rest of the journey?
Yes, prey that it's oversold Have you checked the load via ExpertFlyer?
Old May 5, 2012, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by RJA321
Hi all,

Thanks.
Hope this helps! Prices were valid as of Thursday May 3 2012

This is the Business "menu"

This is the First "menu" - which is complimentary

This is the one which is available at the hotel one level above, operated by timeless also

Old May 5, 2012, 9:33 am

how to upgrade to business class IAH to DXB?

this will be my first trip to Maldives and the most promising route is probably IAH->DXB->MLE on Emirates to minimize layovers.

How should I start looking at flights trying to use Starwood points for an upgrade?

What are the fare classes that would allow upgrading, pending (2) seat availability?

Would it be possible to use points formerly known as Continental One Pass?
Old May 6, 2012, 12:49 pm
Zol

Originally Posted by austinsong
this will be my first trip to Maldives and the most promising route is probably IAH->DXB->MLE on Emirates to minimize layovers.

How should I start looking at flights trying to use Starwood points for an upgrade?

What are the fare classes that would allow upgrading, pending (2) seat availability?

Would it be possible to use points formerly known as Continental One Pass?
You can convert Starwood points to Skywards miles at a ratio of 1:1 (5,000 bonus for every 20,000 transferred) then use them for the upgrade

For Y -> J upgrade you should look at D inventory or Z for J -> F

The EK / Continental relationship has ended
Old May 6, 2012, 2:39 pm

thanks for the starwood information. I'll start looking
Old May 6, 2012, 3:33 pm

Another question:

If I am booking my ticket and one for my fianc can all the Skyward points come from one account or do we each need separate accounts to purchase upgrade flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.